PDA

View Full Version : log in issues

varo
03-18-2012, 03:18 PM
hey guys, might not be a big deal, and it may only be happening to me but i land on this page when i log in:

"
vBulletin Message Invalid Redirect URL (http://forum.alphaflight.net/)

Le Messor
03-18-2012, 03:39 PM
So far the log hasn't caused me any problems.

- Le Messor
"When this kind of fire starts, it is very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy."
~ The Log Lady, Twin Peaks

Phil
03-18-2012, 04:12 PM
The first time I log in using Firefox I get that, but then I just click out and it's fine.

Ben
03-18-2012, 04:24 PM
might be something in the .htaccess file, I'll go over it.

varo
03-18-2012, 07:00 PM
its really not that big of a issue, i can still log in i just click on the forum tab, just thought it may be something with the database.

rplass
03-18-2012, 09:15 PM
I'm getting the same exact message using Chrome

Ben
03-18-2012, 09:57 PM
when you are logging in, what is the exact URL you are going to to enter the site?

rplass
03-18-2012, 10:42 PM
I use http://www.alphaflight.net/forum.php

varo
03-19-2012, 10:05 AM
http://forum.alphaflight.net/

Phil
03-19-2012, 10:11 AM
http://www.alphaflight.net/

Ben
03-19-2012, 11:16 AM
should work now

Flightpath07
03-19-2012, 03:34 PM
I get that same message every time I log in as well. I'm using http://www.alphaflight.net/content.php

It accepts my login, it just doesnt wanna redirect back to the homepage.

Site loads slower than dial-up, too, but i expect that is part-and-parcel with all the issues that have occurred here within the last few months.

Flightpath07
03-19-2012, 05:27 PM
And...I see it has already been fixed. Nice job, Ben!

rplass
04-15-2012, 02:21 AM
Still getting a persistent error: from any initial screen, I'm not logged in. Then I click on any link at all and it logs me in. So I have to open the screen, then hit refresh or click on anything. It works... but obviously not correct. Using chrome.

Phil
04-15-2012, 06:05 AM
I get that on Firefox at home, but not on IE at work.

rplass
04-15-2012, 10:30 AM
I get that on Firefox at home, but not on IE at work.

Then you'll have to start spending A LOT more time on the site while at work.

Wait, what?!

:p

Flightpath07
04-15-2012, 02:52 PM
Still getting a persistent error: from any initial screen, I'm not logged in. Then I click on any link at all and it logs me in. So I have to open the screen, then hit refresh or click on anything. It works... but obviously not correct. Using chrome.

Same here. A minor annoyance. Once it loads up, I'm not logged in as a registered user. Once I hit a button (like "What's New"), I am logged in. And i use IE.

Flightpath07
04-23-2012, 01:29 PM
Ben, not a log-in issue per se, but rather a typo on the main page. When I bring up the home page, there is that "Welcome to alphaflight.net" paragraph in yellow. On the last line, "your" is mispelled "you", in "upload you favorite images". Just thought I'd bring that up, hopefully somebody can fix it up all nice and pretty.

Le Messor
04-23-2012, 04:25 PM
Grammar nazis unit!

rplass
04-23-2012, 09:08 PM
Ben, not a log-in issue per se, but rather a typo on the main page. When I bring up the home page, there is that "Welcome to alphaflight.net" paragraph in yellow. On the last line, "your" is mispelled "you", in "upload you favorite images". Just thought I'd bring that up, hopefully somebody can fix it up all nice and pretty.

Thanks for catching the typo. It has been fixe.

Love,
rplass

Flightpath07
04-24-2012, 02:58 AM
Thanks for catching the typo. It has been fixe.

Love,
rplass

O, thatz wunderful, thanke yoo!

Jason Eberly
04-24-2012, 03:50 AM

Maybe he was going for a cliche-like mafia accent.

"Upload you favorite images or I come and break you legs...capiche?"

Le Messor
04-24-2012, 07:26 AM
Maybe he was going for a cliche-like mafia accent.

"Upload you favorite images or I come and break you legs...capiche?"

I was getting more an Urban stereotype... "You don' download you images, I bust up you face." or more general Italian, "Whassamatta with you images? You no wan' tuttsi-fruttsi ice cream?"

For bad Mafia, I'd go with 'You download youse images, see?"

- LM
"All charming people have something to conceal, usually their total dependence on the appreciation of others."
~ Cyril Connolly

Jason Eberly
04-24-2012, 09:20 AM
I was getting more an Urban stereotype... "You don' download you images, I bust up you face."

This sounds like Chico.

To keep on-topic...I loved Lincoln Logs when I was a kid. Do they even sell real wooden Lincoln Logs anymore? Or did some kid get a splinter from them years ago, and the parents made a whole huge movement about how dangerous Lincoln Logs are, so the company that made them switched over to plastic, making them lose their magic and depriving the children of the world from an entertaining yet educational toy?

DIGGER
04-24-2012, 04:45 PM
[QUOTE=Le Messor;87031]

For bad Mafia, I'd go with 'You download youse images, see?"

Wha? Wait, Jar Jar Binks was in the maffia?

DIGGER

Le Messor
04-24-2012, 05:25 PM
This sounds like Chico.

Mutts. I was going for Chico with my 'more general Italian' - hence why the tuttsi fruitsi.

I loved Lincoln Logs when I was a kid. Do they even sell real wooden Lincoln Logs anymore?

Dunno, but I imagine you're right. *sigh*.

Wha? Wait, Jar Jar Binks was in the maffia?

That would explain a lot... seen the Robot Chicken Star Wars Special 3?

Speaking of Diggers, today is ANZAC Day in Australia (and presumably New Zealand), when we remember the sacrifice of our troops in the World Wars. ('Digger' is the nickname we give those troops.)

- Le Messor
"The reward of a thing well-done is to have done it."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Flightpath07
04-25-2012, 02:33 AM
Speaking of Diggers, today is ANZAC Day in Australia (and presumably New Zealand), when we remember the sacrifice of our troops in the World Wars. ('Digger' is the nickname we give those troops.)

Deep respect for the military (yes, even though I am Canadian) and their many sacrifices, both of their lives and their time, overcoming their fears and facing death head-on, etcetera. Don't know if it is customary to wish one a "Happy ANZAC Day", so I'll just say a quiet "Thanks" to all those Aussies who sacrificed themselves for the greater good. Freedom must always be worth dying for, for slavery is the only other alternative.

Flightpath07
04-26-2012, 01:50 AM
Was the site down about 12 hours ago? I couldn't get on to it all morning.

Flightpath07
06-17-2013, 01:50 AM
Strangely enough, I am having to manually log-in to the site each time I visit it, for the last two days, otherwise i cannot post anything. Weird. Usually it recognizes me as soon as i show up! (Must be the beard - it's new)

Le Messor
06-17-2013, 06:17 AM
Strangely enough, I am having to manually log-in to the site each time I visit it, for the last two days, otherwise i cannot post anything. Weird. Usually it recognizes me as soon as i show up! (Must be the beard - it's new)

I've been having the same problem, but I thought it was just me.
And I haven't grown a beard, either. A guy was at my place a week ago, and he grew a beard while he was there, but not me. And his beard turned out to be a cat.

True story.

~ Le Messor
"Laugh, and the world ignores you. Crying doesn't help either."

Le Messor
06-18-2013, 04:50 PM
The problem's gone away now, at least on my end.
Phil, did you fix it? If so, thanks!

~ Le Messor
"Law of Communications: The result of improved and enlarged communications is a vastly increased area of misunderstanding."

Phil
06-18-2013, 05:47 PM
Nup, can't take the credit for this one I'm afraid.
Possibly just a glitch.

Le Messor
06-19-2013, 05:50 AM
Ooh, a glitch fixed things! Yay!

Phil
06-19-2013, 06:06 AM
Well, rather it was a glitch in the first place...

Flightpath07
06-19-2013, 03:54 PM
Well, rather it was a glitch in the first place...

I thought Glitch was in the Superfriends? No, sorry, that was Gleek.

Le Messor
06-19-2013, 04:49 PM
No, Glitch stole Christmas.

Flightpath07
06-20-2013, 02:50 AM
Yeah, Phil, I still have to manually log in, as each time I open a browser it does not retain my log-in information. Man, when did I get so impatient that I started getting upset about having to wait an extra 2.4 seconds to log in?!?

Le Messor
06-20-2013, 04:59 PM
Yeah, Phil, I still have to manually log in, as each time I open a browser it does not retain my log-in information. Man, when did I get so impatient that I started getting upset about having to wait an extra 2.4 seconds to log in?!?

"It'll take five hours to fix."
"I can wait."

Flightpath07
06-21-2013, 06:12 AM
Well, once again Phil did it; it's fixed!