S

P

O

I

L

E

R

SPACE for the preview panel...

My thoughts... Well... I'm not going to actually spoil anything, because unless I missed a vital plot point my enjoyment of the issue was ruined by one thing.
If I haven't missed anything, I'm really disappointed in Editorial.
And normally I let little errors slide.

-K-M-
03-28-2012, 04:20 PM
Let me guess, was it the name change? At first I thought Gambit was making a joke, but then even Kyle called him that...twice. haha wow.

Flightpath07
03-29-2012, 01:26 AM
Wow. For a thread full of spoilers, there's not a lot of spoiling going on.

-K-M-
03-29-2012, 11:14 AM
Well for some odd reason they changed Northstar's name of Jean-Paul to Jean-Claude

Kyle originally called him by his correct name in the first few pages, and then all of a sudden there was a name change. Gambit and even Kyle started to call him Jean-Claude for the rest of the issue for no reason.

Le Messor
03-29-2012, 03:26 PM
Wow. That's...
What do the editors even do?!?

- Le Messor
"If Patrick Henry thought that taxation without representation was bad, he should see how bad it is with representation."

-K-M-
03-29-2012, 04:31 PM
They also incorrectly spelled a few other character names, but Northstar was the most blatent.

Flightpath07
03-30-2012, 05:30 AM
Well, Marvel DID just lay off a whole bunch of people, you know. And, they are paring down the number of comics they put out.

Of course, you can read the truth about that sort of rot here http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.ca/2011/12/newszzszzzz.html and here http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.ca/2011/12/marvel-still-sucks-proof-within.html .

Sypes
03-30-2012, 09:53 AM
Let me guess, was it the name change? At first I thought Gambit was making a joke, but then even Kyle called him that...twice. haha wow.

I thought the exact same thing... this was just sad! You're writing mainly 7 characters, shouldn't you know everything about them? Plus, I miss Dale and Sonia's work. The drawings on this one look like crap to me. All the characters look old and tired. When I was reading, all I thought was, they need to go to a retirement home and play bingo or something.

Le Messor
03-30-2012, 05:13 PM
You're writing mainly 7 characters, shouldn't you know everything about them?

Well, if not everything, at least their names!

The drawings on this one look like crap to me. All the characters look old and tired.

Fair criticism, but I don't exactly agree. With the first sentence. (Only the first; I agree with the second.)
The art is actually fairly good - look at stuff like the background detail - but it just doesn't suit this comic - as I mentioned above, the same artist is great in The Stand; but in a superhero comic, his tired looks and weird posings are out of place.

- Le Messor
"If people did not sometimes do silly things, nothing intelligent would ever get done."
~ Wittgenstein

Chris
03-30-2012, 08:39 PM
I'm confused as to why Wolverine and the other X-Men were trying to kill Northstar in the first couple of pages. Did Northstar steal Wolverine's beer? Maybe the Marauder Malice has the X-Men acting crazy?

Le Messor
03-31-2012, 12:46 AM
Chris,
I had thought they were building up to the answer, but now I'm gonna go with your 'beer' theory.

- Le Messor
"My name is Dr. Beer."
(nobody's said that, but I do know somebody who could in all honesty.)

TSOG
04-01-2012, 12:12 AM
All the characters look old and tired.

And acted accordingly. I know Northstar has seen some weird stuff during his life, but when someone storms in and bowls a severed head along the floor, asking to go home is an odd reaction. I can't relate, granted, but I doubt decapitation is the kind of thing you get used to.

Le Messor
04-02-2012, 04:27 PM
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
E
S
Q
U
E

And acted accordingly. I know Northstar has seen some weird stuff during his life, but when someone storms in and bowls a severed head along the floor, asking to go home is an odd reaction. I can't relate, granted, but I doubt decapitation is the kind of thing you get used to.

I looked at the issue again and had trouble figuring out what you meant; didn't see any severed head bowling, just a sewer chase with lots o' bodies. Nor did he ask to go home - Iceman held them off while JP ran... and the next page is set in JP's flat - but that scene takes place before the sewer chase, not after (despite being shown after, not before).
One of us is confused.

Unrelated aside: Given the presence of the Marauders, I looked for Malice's choker around Logan and Remy's necks, but I didn't see it.

- Le Messor
"If they ever come up with a swashbuckling school, I think one of the courses should be Laughing, Then Jumping Off Something."

TSOG
04-02-2012, 07:52 PM
When Warbird first shows up, she slides a severed head across Gambit's floor. What is Northstar's reaction? "Can I go home now?" The timing with the sewer scene has nothing to do with it. I was agreeing that the characters look beat and tired and used his whining during an event that would capture most people's attention as an example.

Le Messor
04-03-2012, 06:43 AM
One of us is confused.
When Warbird first shows up... Clearly, the one of us who is confused is me. I was thinking about the much earlier scene.

TSOG
04-03-2012, 07:08 AM
I should have worded it better. I just found that whole bit annoying. Someone said earlier that Northstar picking up the phone with "What the hell do you want, Wolverine?" was totally in character and I agree. But Northstar dragging his feet and whining like that seemed totally off. This, to me, is Northstar: http://www.lonelygods.com/graphics/h/northstar_large.gif Not the slouched whiner in that scene. That guy reminded me of an eight-year old being dragged to the dentist. "Aw, mom, do I have to???!!"

TSOG
04-03-2012, 07:12 AM
by the way, I can only use "quick reply" to post, which is why there's no quoting or paragraphs. Just a heads up in case anyone else is having the same problem.

Phil
04-03-2012, 08:55 AM
Folks, can we please remember to include spoiler space.

TSOG
04-03-2012, 09:49 AM
Now *I'm* definitely confused. Are you asking that we warn people when our post may contain a spoiler? Because it seemed that the title of the thread would be plenty of warning to someone wanting to avoid spoilers.

Phil
04-03-2012, 12:38 PM
The title does, when you view the thread from the main forum, however the issue is that when you view that main page of the site: http://alphaflight.net the preview panel at the right hand side shows the first few lines of whatever people write.As the issue in question's been out less than a week it may spoil some reader's enjoyments as not everyone can go to the shop every week.It's not aimed at any single person. It's just space for the preview panel.

TSOG
04-03-2012, 12:50 PM
OK, got it. I hadn't considered that.

Le Messor
04-03-2012, 04:41 PM
Folks, can we please remember to include spoiler space.

Um... until my 'no paragraphs' bug is fixed, I physically can't - but I can use quotes to create the effect. As I am (hopefully) doing here - though I don't think these lines are spoilery.

TSOG: You can retroactively edit some spoiler space in.

by the way, I can only use "quick reply" to post, which is why there's no quoting or paragraphs. Just a heads up in case anyone else is having the same problem.

This should probably be in the 'bugs from update' thread...

Also, you can forge it:
Just type 'open square bracket QUOTE close square bracket open square bracket "Quote quote quotey-quotequote"/QUOTE close square bracket' (without the spaces around the square brackets or the quotation marks).
You can also type 'open square bracket QUOTE=(name of person being quoted) close square bracket open square bracket "Quote quote quotey-quotequote" /QUOTE close square bracket'. (No round brackets). That won't give you a direct link to the original quote, but it'll create the word balloon effect.
(That should be enough spoiler space!)

I should have worded it better. I just found that whole bit annoying.

I think I just forgot the entire second half of the book. For some reason.

Someone said earlier that Northstar picking up the phone with "What the hell do you want, Wolverine?" was totally in character and I agree.

:) That was me!

- Le Messor
"Every generation imagines itself to be more intelligent than the one that went before it, and wiser than the one that comes after it."
~ George Orwell

Le Messor
04-05-2012, 04:15 PM
TSOG:

Also, try hitting 'reply with Quote' twice. That works for me. (I know, I know, you shouldn't have to... but it works!)

- Le Messor
"If the phone rings at 3 A.M., the last voice you want to hear is that of a loved one. But when you're IN love, that's the FIRST voice you want to hear."
~ Marilyn vos Savant, Parade Magazine

TSOG
04-05-2012, 06:08 PM
TSOG:

Also, try hitting 'reply with Quote' twice. That works for me. (I know, I know, you shouldn't have to... but it works!)

I'll be damned, it sure does. I wouldn't have even thought of that.

Okay, back on topic then!

Le Messor
04-06-2012, 05:06 AM
They say that a sign of madness is doing the exact same thing over and over again and expecting a different result each time.
You'd be amazed how often that actually works.

Wait, there's a topic?

Um, Astonishing #48, yeah, it had Warbird in it... but that's not Carol Danvers. I hope. Isn't she a Shi'ar?

- Le Messor
"We owe almost all our knowledge not to those who have agreed, but to those who have differed."
~ C.C. Colton