PDA

View Full Version : Choose your side!

rplass
04-17-2012, 03:14 AM
OK there have been a few sides to take. I figure 8 ways among Civil War (Iron Man vs. Cap), Schism (Cyclops vs. Wolverine) and Avengers vs X-Men (Avengers vs. X-Men). Yeah, that last one was repetitive. Anyway, to summarize:

Civil War
Iron Man: Register your superpowers, for safety.
Captain America: No registration, for freedom.

Schism
Cyclops: Stay together. Use kids to defend Utopia
Wolverine: Re-start the school in Westchester

Avengers vs. X-Men
Avengers: Detain Hope for analysis of Phoenix Force
X-Men: How about, uh, no.

Flightpath07
04-17-2012, 04:10 AM
Yay! 1st vote. Hurrah. Zzzzzz...

Le Messor
04-17-2012, 07:32 AM
Is there an 'all mangled and killed' button?

- Le Messor
"If it's a despot you would dethrone, see first that his throne erected within you is destroyed."
~ Kahlil Gibran, 1923

rplass
04-17-2012, 07:58 AM
Well, be careful on that "all mangled and killed" wish, seeing as how Jeffries chose to stay on Utopia with Cyclops and Northstar left for NY with Wolverine. The last thing we need is more mangly killy.

I picked Cyclops side in Schism. Something about standing your ground and being so strong that no one can exterminate you... yeah I like that idea.

Le Messor
04-17-2012, 08:05 AM
All except Alphans?

I like the law Iron Man presented, but not the one he enforced, so that one's hard.
I haven't paid much attention to the other two.

- Le Messor
"If we're gonna win, we have to play up to and beyond our potential."

TSOG
04-17-2012, 02:34 PM
Wow, as I read this, eight votes in seven categories...Got some varied opinions...

Flightpath07
04-17-2012, 02:55 PM
Wow, as I read this, eight votes in seven categories...Got some varied opinions...

Wait, you're READING this!?! Oh man, are you telling me we were supposed to 'read' this, then? I just closed my eyes and used my thumb...

Seriously, I found this to be both an odd and intriguing question; I tend to make my answers based on reality, which really has no bearing on comic books at all. Nevertheless, Iron Man's stance in Civil War made the most sense. Seriosuly, if you lived in Marvel-land, wouldn't you want to be protected from these superfreaks just a little bit? In Schism, i chose Wolverine. Firstly, because I only care about that school, all other Marvel mutants (and their associated comics) can go take a flying leap off the planet. Secondly, because, educating kids over making them into soldiers - really, is that really a choice that is hard to make? Finally, i chose Avengers. Why? Dunno. I really don't care about this event, but i do feel that allowing the Phoenix Force free reign is generally a BAD idea!

Le Messor
04-17-2012, 04:33 PM
Nevertheless, Iron Man's stance in Civil War made the most sense. Seriosuly, if you lived in Marvel-land, wouldn't you want to be protected from these superfreaks just a little bit?

Which is why I like the law Iron Man presented: If you're going to fight crime, get some training first; get licenced. It makes sense.
But the law he enforced was, 'we will forcibly indoctrinate everyone with super powers, whether they're using them or not'.

In Schism, i chose Wolverine. Firstly, because I only care about that school, all other Marvel mutants (and their associated comics) can go take a flying leap off the planet.

Ironically, I'm pretty sure some of them can take a flying leap off the planet.
I hope you care about mutants like Aurora, Northstar, Jeffries, Laura Dean, Goblyn...

- Le Messor
"If white wine goes with fish, do white grapes go with sushi?"

Flightpath07
04-25-2012, 02:59 AM
No, never cared much for Laura Dean and Goblyn, sorry. Although Goblyn might be good with worchestershire sauce and a glass of white wine?

Jeffries, since he was made to be a love interest for Heather, that ruined my liking of him for all eternity.

Chris
04-25-2012, 08:16 PM
No, never cared much for Laura Dean and Goblyn, sorry. Although Goblyn might be good with worchestershire sauce and a glass of white wine?

What's with the talk of eating various Alphans. First we had venison Snowbird, now worcestershire Goblyn. What's next? Horse meat recipes for Thunder?

Flightpath07
04-26-2012, 01:53 AM
Would eating Thunder give you superpowers?

Le Messor
04-26-2012, 07:30 AM
No, but if you ride the lightning you get mean axe skillz.

Flightpath07
04-27-2012, 04:27 AM
No, but ride the lightning gives you mean axe skillz.

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w116/poetamcp/Gifs/Metal%20Gifs/MarioSick.gif

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w116/poetamcp/Gifs/Metal%20Gifs/rock-1.gif