PDA

View Full Version : Alphanex Updates

Phil
05-05-2012, 05:13 AM
Hi folks,

Just a quick question/request:-

Are any of you interested in doing some updates to the Alphanex in the next few weeks; in particular Northstar and Kyle's entries?

It'd be nice generally to get entries updated to the end of Volume 4, and I suspect that when the news of Jean-Paul & Kyle's nuptials hit mainstream newspapers and TV worldwide that a lot of people will be googling them and we could get some decent traffic out of it.

Just an idea, no harm if people don't have time/don't want to.

Phil
05-14-2012, 10:29 AM
No-one then?

Flightpath07
05-14-2012, 01:10 PM
Sorry Phil; I don't have the issues necessary to do so, nor have I even read most of them. Somebody else?

Le Messor
05-16-2012, 04:46 PM
I've added a couple of lines to Northstar's - somebody should check them.

If Kyle has an entry, I can't find it.

- Le Messor
"The fellow who does thing that count doesn't usually stop to count them."
~ Unknown

Phil
05-16-2012, 05:55 PM
He'll need one from scratch I think.

-K-M-
05-16-2012, 06:21 PM
I've semi-retired from the Alphanex for now, but I did basically do most of them so I deserve a pass :p

Le Messor
05-17-2012, 06:36 AM
I've semi-retired from the Alphanex for now, but I did basically do most of them so I deserve a pass :p

Then I extend my thanks.

- Le Messor
"If you have ten dollars better see me in the morning. If you've got six can I lend you four?"
~ Groucho in The Cocoanuts

Flightpath07
05-27-2012, 01:03 PM
Just a quick note:

The Vindicator II entry, her side panel info has her baby listed as "unnamed".

I'd fix it, but (a) don't know how, and (b) my internet connection is carp (yes, i said carp) lately, and I am having to wait five minutes for each page here to load...

Le Messor
05-27-2012, 04:10 PM
My connection has also been carp.
... but, since I do know how, I have updated the entry; it now says her daughter's name is Joey Jo-Jo Shabubu.

Actually, I put 'Claire Hudson' - but I'm not certain; did they use that last name, all things considered?

- Le Messor
"If you have too many special cases, you are doing it wrong."

Flightpath07
05-28-2012, 01:25 AM
According to the courts, in issue 2 of volume 4, its Claire MacNeil Hudson. Thanks Michael.

Le Messor
05-28-2012, 07:14 AM
Welcome.

Maybe this has been discussed, but do we need separate entries for Guardian I & II, and Vindicator I & II... since they're the same couple of people? Can't we just redirect? (Which, I admit, I don't know how to do.)

- Le Messor
"Always mistrust a subordinate who never finds fault with his superior."
~ John Churton Collins

Phil
05-28-2012, 09:01 AM
I *think* the differentiation is there because the suits are different thus the powers are different., but I didn't create them so can't be sure.
The Vindicator II entry refers to the Geothermal suit specifically in the powers section.
The History section of the the Guardian II entry is pretty brief and links to the Vindicator II section for more details.

I'm all for merging them, but I don't have the time to do it personally.

If you want to create one standard entry for Mac and one for Heather, go for it.

Le Messor
05-28-2012, 04:18 PM
That makes a certain amount of sense.

Hmm... We could do something like:
'Powers:
As Guardian II:
bla bla bla

As Vindicator II:
Something something something Dark Side.'

Besides, she used the name Vindicator in both costumes.

This is another thing I might look into over the weekend. Or might not.
I'm not gonna be that reliable about it, sorry.

K-M, if you did most of them, I want your opinion - including, would you feel we were steamrolling you if we did something like that?

- Le Messor
"If you have nothing to do, don't do it here."

Flightpath07
05-29-2012, 03:12 AM
Is Heather also going to get an "evil Vindicator" entry as well? For her part in Volume 4, I mean. Or will Vindicator (Heather) now get an entry under "villians"? I haven't looked, have we made an "Alpha Strike" entry yet?

Phil
05-29-2012, 12:01 PM
There won't be an Evil entry as it's still the same person/power-set, apart from the toes...

An entry under villains is debateable... I'd say no personally as she was a combination of under the Master/Unity's influence and protecting her child.

As to Alpha Strike an entry is definitely needed and she would be listed in their membership, within the Villains section.

Flightpath07
05-29-2012, 01:57 PM
An entry under villains is debateable... I'd say no personally as she was a combination of under the Master/Unity's influence and protecting her child.

I'd guess part of the debate goes, "But she murdered two innocent people in cold blood!"

Phil
05-29-2012, 02:34 PM
Yeah, but the same could be said about Wolverine or Wildchild... Marrina whilst as a Leviathan... Northstar the terrorist... yet they're all considered heroes(or at least AF/X-Factor Wildchild was even after killing people).

Le Messor
05-29-2012, 04:26 PM
Yeah, I'm gonna go with 'put Alpha Strike under villains', add her to the membership, wait for them to strike and capture them all while they're off work.

- Le Messor
"If you lie to the computer, it will get you."
~ Perry Farrar

Flightpath07
05-29-2012, 11:45 PM
Yeah, but the same could be said about Wolverine or Wildchild... Marrina whilst as a Leviathan... Northstar the terrorist... yet they're all considered heroes(or at least AF/X-Factor Wildchild was even after killing people).

Fair 'nuff.

But all Heather had to do was take her child, which she could have easily done without melting the heads of two relatives who really weren't doing anything wrong or endangering Claire in any way.

It may have been mainly written this way for shock-value. If so, it was effective. But not having any real follow-up to it, leaves a bad taste in the mouth. Heather was a hero; how does she feel about this act? How does she come to terms with it? Is she a wanted criminal? Does anybody else know what she did? Is she racked with guilt? Leaving us hanging with these questions, knowing full well it could be years before somebody attemtps to answer any of them, is cruel and unusual punishment. Why write it, if you are not going to properly finish it?

That's my take on things.

But you're right, other heroes have gone there.

Le Messor
05-30-2012, 05:44 AM
Does anybody else know what she did?

I imagine the several witnesses who watched it and commented on it at the time do.

- Le Messor
"He who does anything because it is the custom, makes no choice."
~ John Sturt Mill

Phil
05-30-2012, 06:04 AM
Fair 'nuff.

But all Heather had to do was take her child, which she could have easily done without melting the heads of two relatives who really weren't doing anything wrong or endangering Claire in any way.

Oh I agree, but the 'villain' tag is a grey area.

It may have been mainly written this way for shock-value. If so, it was effective.
It was 100% for shock-value, definitely.

But not having any real follow-up to it, leaves a bad taste in the mouth. Heather was a hero; how does she feel about this act? How does she come to terms with it? Is she a wanted criminal? Does anybody else know what she did? Is she racked with guilt? Leaving us hanging with these questions, knowing full well it could be years before somebody attemtps to answer any of them, is cruel and unusual punishment. Why write it, if you are not going to properly finish it?
I'd imagine they would have followed it up, but sales didn't give them the chance.

Flightpath07
05-31-2012, 02:27 AM
Ah yes; "sales". See my comments about Marvel here: http://alphaflight.net/showthread.php?8313-The-Proposal&p=87505#post87505

:)

Phil
03-26-2014, 05:29 PM
Another call for updates!

Anyone fancy taking a character and just filling in a bit more about what they've been up to over the last few years?

Phil
06-07-2014, 08:41 AM
And if anyone would like to separate the Nemesis entry into three individual ones that'd be great.

Le Messor
06-07-2014, 08:08 PM
And if anyone would like to separate the Nemesis entry into three individual ones that'd be great.

Done.

Still needs work; I'm not certain I divided the abilities correctly, and I didn't know off the top of my head which issue Nem II first appeared in.
The page which has them all as one person still exists.

Nems I and II could use character images.

Oh, and we still haven't made a page for Alpha themselves! Agh! Get on it, Mik!

Le Messor
06-07-2014, 09:21 PM
Incredible Hulk #279 - I've added new scans; are we going with the new or the old? (There are advantages to each.)

Alpha Flight 616 -
Okay, I've added an entry. It's very rough, all information is off the top of my head, and I didn't go into much detail about the team history - I only included enough information to allow for all volumes (including Omega Flight). There are probably character / team links that need looking at (is this Talisman I, II, or III? - that kind of thing).

There are almost no pictures.

The former team members are listed in the order I remembered them (oh, and I've got Northstar as a current member - I suspect people will disagree), and are probably not comprehensive. I don't even know what 'associates' is supposed to include.
And, tbh, I don't know where they're currently headquartered. I put it down as Dept H.

Please, people, take a look! It's still a draft.

~ Mik

-K-M-
01-01-2015, 08:43 PM
Did a quick entry for the Shilohs, but having troubles with adding the image :(

help please

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j165/A_Flight10/alphanex_shilohs_zps9aa7ab4f.png

edit: did the Shadows entry too
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j165/A_Flight10/alphanex_shadows_zps4f75b3e0.png

rplass
01-03-2015, 08:02 AM
OK I fixed them for you, -K-M-. Turns out the .png file format IS supported by VaultWiki. Please disregard previous bad advice.

I'm not sure what you did but basically what I did was:
1. save image on my local c: drive.
2. click "upload new file"
3. typed in the file name of the image exactly
4. inserted the image and resized to FULL size
5. published the "page" - i put page in quotes because it's an image page that resides on the server, not a text page that is public.
6. edited the shadow and shilohs pages so the name I typed in step 3 is in the "img" tag.

-K-M-
01-04-2015, 05:10 PM
Yeah still no go. Getting frustrated, says The following errors occurred with your submission

You must attach a file with the same filename as this article's title.

It was exact and still didn't work. Can you add this image as well for the Happy Clams? :(

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j165/A_Flight10/alphanex_happy_clams_zps270ee670.png

EDIT:Oh and Chinook II? :p

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j165/A_Flight10/alphanex_chinook2_zps87c93e20.png

rplass
01-04-2015, 07:49 PM
OK done. But what you did seems to be a mismatch between the name of the image page and the inserted filename. When you get the error "

You must attach a file with the same filename as this article's title.

scroll down to the box that says "Title" and change it so it matches the filename

-K-M-
01-04-2015, 08:35 PM
Ok I will try that next time. Thanks for your help

Is there anyone else that needs an entry?

-K-M-
01-04-2015, 09:04 PM
hmmmmm something is wrong with the format on Chinook 2, not sure why power/abilities and history headline is like that compared to the other pages

Le Messor
01-04-2015, 11:02 PM
That's my fault... At least, I did some minor grammar edits, and it came out like that afterwards. I don't know what caused it (or I'd have fixed it), but that's how it happened.

-K-M-
01-04-2015, 11:10 PM
All good, I just fixed it. Is there any other entries that need to be done?

Le Messor
01-05-2015, 01:08 AM
None that I noticed.

Phil
01-05-2015, 05:08 PM
All good, I just fixed it. Is there any other entries that need to be done?

Kyle Jinadu.

Also, is it worth doing The Derangers? (ala http://alphaflight.net/showthread.php?3823-Derangers)

Le Messor
02-21-2015, 05:02 PM
Where's Alphanex gone? I can't find a link anywhere.

Phil
02-23-2015, 12:22 PM
When Ben came back after the site outage he took the opportunity to upgrade the software and fix some security issues, which involved taking it down temporarily... it doesn't look like he's been back since to re-install it, unfortunately.

Le Messor
02-23-2015, 02:42 PM
Ah. I hope it comes back soon.

Phil
02-23-2015, 03:57 PM
You can back-door into it at http://alphaflight.net/forumdisplay.php?41-Alphanex-Content but the format is basic.

Le Messor
02-24-2015, 02:58 AM
Well, it's a start. Thanks.