View Full Version : Northstar wedding ‘was in the works’ in Alpha Flight, Eaglesham says

mreeez
06-06-2012, 12:43 PM
Interesting

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2012/06/northstar-wedding-was-in-the-works-in-alpha-flight-eaglesham-says/

Flightpath07
06-06-2012, 01:01 PM
http://alphaflight.net/showthread.php?8313-The-Proposal/page3

This was discussed earlier, here. 2nd post down, a la Legerd.

Le Messor
06-06-2012, 04:50 PM
questioning how Northstar and other characters might respond to same-sex marriage

While Marvel Universe characters will attend Northstar’s wedding, not everyone will accept the invitation or the validity of Northstar’s vows.

Let's face it; if any heroes disagree, they'll be portrayed as stupid and complete jerks for doing it.
Because comics companies believe in the validity of all points of view, and not alienating anybody, regardless of their leanings.

- Le Messor
"A cough is something that you yourself can't help, but everybody else does on purpose just to torment you."
~ Ogden Nash

Le Messor
06-06-2012, 04:51 PM
http://alphaflight.net/showthread.php?8313-The-Proposal/page3

This was discussed earlier, here. 2nd post down, a la Legerd.

Note Dale's retraction, though.

Flightpath07
06-07-2012, 07:32 AM
Note Dale's retraction, though.

Ah.

That wasn't originally in that article.

Hm. Not to be pessimistic (okay, yes, to be pessimistic), but now that the story of Dale's tweet has made headlines, how could he possibly NOT retract it and still expect to be allowed to continue working for Marvel? So...it isn't really a surprise, is it? Pretty much expected. However, it doesn't actually answer the question of how things REALLY were, as there is clearly an ulterior motive for not pissing off your employer...

-K-M-
06-08-2012, 03:09 PM
Uuuuuh very annoyed hearing this as it would have been pretty big publicity for the book. I feel bad for Dale and Fred

Le Messor
06-08-2012, 04:25 PM
Uuuuuh very annoyed hearing this as it would have been pretty big publicity for the book.

True, but I still remember a couple of weeks ago when somebody asked me about the issue of X-Men when Northstar came out. #-o Publicity doesn't always work... :-?

- Le Messor
"If you treat people right they will treat you right; 90 per cent of the time."

cmdrkoenig67
06-08-2013, 01:24 AM
Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I just saw it (I missed it the first time around...I haven't been very active for a while). If the wedding took place in Alpha Flight, it would have certainly given more attention to our favorite book and Canadian characters...It's really too bad, the X-Men office seems to selfishly take the best Alpha Flight has and either exploit it or squander it, depending on the writers.

Dana

Flightpath07
06-08-2013, 01:36 AM
Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I just saw it (I missed it the first time around...I haven't been very active for a while). If the wedding took place in Alpha Flight, it would have certainly given more attention to our favorite book and Canadian characters...It's really too bad, the X-Men office seems to selfishly take the best Alpha Flight has and either exploit it or squander it, depending on the writers.

Dana

I agree.

Though I will point out, that if it weren't for X-Men, there would not be an Alpha Flight to exploit or squander.

cmdrkoenig67
06-08-2013, 01:57 AM
I agree.

Though I will point out, that if it weren't for X-Men, there would not be an Alpha Flight to exploit or squander.

Well, duh, FP...I wasn't born yesterday. :p

Dana

Flightpath07
06-08-2013, 02:12 AM
Well, duh, FP...I wasn't born yesterday. :p

Dana

I just figured I'd say it before Phil did!

cmdrkoenig67
06-08-2013, 02:23 AM
Ah..LOL.

Phil
06-08-2013, 07:26 AM

To be fair, I probably would have said that had it taken place in AF it wouldn't have got half the amount of media/fan coverage as it did, simply because the product isn't a household name, so yeah, sorta what FP said...

Flightpath07
06-09-2013, 02:09 PM
:.

*scribbles in his secret binder, continuing to work furiously on his Phil impression*

Phil
06-09-2013, 09:52 PM
Drink a lot of alcohol and then just disagree with the majority... ;)

Le Messor
06-09-2013, 10:10 PM
Then try to be positive about things, and get people to stop acting so paranoid all the time.

Mokole
06-09-2013, 10:37 PM
How do you know I'm paranoid? I know they're out to get me (They used to be in to get me, but they realized that didn't make sense).

I don't know how long any uptick would've lasted with a wedding in AF. Lots of good ideas that cause long-lasting story ideas would do better. A few have been spelled out on this site even.