PDA

View Full Version : Court of Owls

legshot420
01-25-2013, 06:19 PM
Anyone get the chance to read this yet? I was skeptical at first about the New 52 relaunch, but the stories are turning out to be good. Still prefer Babs in a wheelchair, though.

Mokole
01-25-2013, 07:35 PM
The little I read didn't impress me. I guess I like it more when Batman is in charge of his situation and may still have things to figure out but is confident and strong. I tend to find all the 'wool being pulled over his eyes' and Gotham retconning quite tedious. My two cents.

Le Messor
01-26-2013, 02:33 PM
I haven't, but what little I've seen of 'Court of Owls' actually looked pretty good.

I ended up reading two New 52 titles for a while (which was two more than I expected).

(Then one got boring and the other got cancelled.)

~ Le Messor
"It works better if you plug it in."

legshot420
01-26-2013, 07:14 PM
The little I read didn't impress me. I guess I like it more when Batman is in charge of his situation and may still have things to figure out but is confident and strong. I tend to find all the 'wool being pulled over his eyes' and Gotham retconning quite tedious. My two cents.

I dunno, man. I think it's refreshing to see Batman break under the pressure once in a while. I mean, he was basically on par with Galactus thanks to his precious "prep time," and I think making him more vulnerable is one of the things I like about the whole reboot.

Phil
01-29-2013, 02:56 PM
Yeah, to be fair that's why I've never enjoyed a Superman story.
He's always going to survive in the end.

Le Messor
01-30-2013, 02:50 AM
You must've loved Doomsday!

Alphan East
01-30-2013, 07:54 AM
That is what they should be doing in the next Superman movie. After seeing what they did with the Hulk in the Avengers movie, how kicka$$ could they make Doomsday... that would be a Superman movie worth watching. :)

Le Messor
01-30-2013, 02:33 PM
I don't know how the normals would react to that...

~ Le Messor
"It will be too late to cry over lost hair after your head is cut off."
~ Nikita Khrushchev, on nuclear war (quoting a Russian folk saying)

legshot420
01-30-2013, 07:14 PM
You must've loved Doomsday!

There was a YouTube video I saw once that edited some clips of Hulk edited as Doomsday set against Superman. It was pretty alright.

Yeah, to be fair that's why I've never enjoyed a Superman story.
He's always going to survive in the end.

Get a copy of All-Star Superman. I used to think Supes was just a boyscout with a cape, but that mini series took a deeper look at him.

Le Messor
01-31-2013, 05:07 AM
There was a YouTube video I saw once that edited some clips of Hulk edited as Doomsday set against Superman. It was pretty alright.

Hah!
Sounds really funny. :D

~ Le Messor
"It takes a brave man to admit he's a coward."
~ Fester Addams