View Full Version : Adventures of the X-Men

michael herko
03-21-2014, 11:14 PM
Just wanted to ask about your mention of Wildchild in Adventures of the X-men (1996) 5 and 6. I do have both issues and have gone back numerous times to look for him in the issues (with no success). I've also checked over at Comic Vine which lists the characters seen within each issue. They don't have Wilchild listed either. Where in the issues is Widchild?

Le Messor
03-22-2014, 02:31 AM
otherMichael,
Hello, and welcome.

I think the trouble here is that Wildchild showed up in the episode of the animated series that the issues are based on, but not in the issue.

rplass
03-22-2014, 07:33 AM
My notes indicate Adventures of the X-Men #5 and #6 don't have Wild Child. I think the appearances list has a tiny error. Phil, can we make an adjustment to http://alphaflight.net/showthread.php?2995-A ?

Phil
03-22-2014, 09:22 AM
No problem, we can solve that.
Again, another mistake carried over from pre-internet lists.

I think the trouble here is that Wildchild showed up in the episode of the animated series that the issues are based on, but not in the issue.
Strangely enough they're nothing to do with the animated series and were in-continuity.
#1-2 had Wildchild in, as part of X-Factor at the time.

rplass
03-22-2014, 10:13 AM
The similarly named "X-Men Adventures" is the title associated with the animated series.

Le Messor
03-22-2014, 08:39 PM
The similarly named "X-Men Adventures" is the title associated with the animated series.

Ah, thanks. That's what confused me.

~ Le Messor
"A poor excuse is like an old bucket; doesn't matter what shape it's in, as long as it holds water."
~ P.K. Shaw

Phil
03-26-2014, 04:17 PM
Yeah, checking the original files it lists them as unconfirmed, but I guess that got lost in the mix going from site to site and format to format.
Cheers for letting us know Michael.