P

O

I

L

E

R

SPACE for the front page preview panel.

Name mistake aside I could not stop smiling when I turned to a certain page :D
Looks like Vol.4 is pretty much just ignored.
I like the return of Heather's Vol.2 suit.
Puck is back with AF :D although I'm quite disturbed by the Puck pages... people aren't gonna like this....
And the ending... NOOOOOO! People REALLY aren't gonna like that. :|

Phil
06-04-2014, 12:55 PM
I officially hate the time difference.

I REALLY want to talk about this with you guys!!!!

varo
06-04-2014, 02:02 PM
I officially hate the time difference.

I REALLY want to talk about this with you guys!!!!

ha ha. read it and really liked it.

s

p

o

i

l

e

r

sss

s

s
s

s

"me and mac had a rough year" is a understatement. puck and talisman was hysterical. seriously? but at least she's showing up gain. always liked talisman. i'm sure the rest of alpha flight is on the way. just looks like mac and heather are gonna be pretty hairy for a while. i love the art in this book. good issue.

Phil
06-04-2014, 02:08 PM
S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

I'm not optimistic that Heather's still alive... :|

varo
06-04-2014, 02:24 PM
s

p

you know the rest........

no way they killed her off. that would mean mac is dead as well.

Phil
06-04-2014, 02:34 PM
S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

Not necessarily.
We saw Heather get bitten and then it looked like she was about to be pulled apart; we didn't see anything of Mac.

Although I wouldn't be surprised if both of them were killed off.

varo
06-04-2014, 02:41 PM
i really hope not. my enthusiasm for this issue would go away pretty quickly then,

mreeez
06-04-2014, 02:47 PM
S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

My guess is they both got turned in to Wendigos that will be reversed later.

Phil
06-04-2014, 02:48 PM
That was my thought on Mac.

Alphan2011
06-04-2014, 05:26 PM
S

p

O

I

L

E

R

I couldn't get over this issue!! Great art, and I really hope Mac and Heather are okay! Can't wait a whole month for my Alpha fix! Hope they explain what happened tween Mac and Heather since v4, I'm sure I'm not alone on this.

FYI: I live not too far away from Forrest, ONT. Save me!! LOL!!!!

Phil
06-04-2014, 05:56 PM
It is a shame that McGuinness leaves the title with this issue.

Hopefully Barberi can live up to him.

Flightpath07
06-04-2014, 07:00 PM
Hm. So, at last, it seems, Marvel makes me buy one of their issues. I'm guessing I will be picking this up.

Chris
06-04-2014, 09:19 PM
S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

Puck and Talisman doing some more "training" exercises, eh? I'm sure Shaman approves.

I'm not optimistic that Heather's still alive... :|

Wouldn't be the first time Yost killed off a female Alphan. But I still think they're both Wendigos for the moment.

TSOG
06-04-2014, 10:25 PM
FYI: I live not too far away from Forrest, ONT. Save me!! LOL!!!!

Not a chance. We'll show up and you'll go all Wendigo on us. I've seen that movie!

But seriously, where IS Forrest? I admit I've never heard of it.

-K-M-
06-04-2014, 10:57 PM
S

p

O

I

L

E

R

S

Not going to lie, im kind of annoyed they ignored Vol.4. I did like her vol.2 armor though,gives her a different look then Mac. Puck and Taliman an item? Errrrrr? Also yeah I don't think Mac or Heather are dead, my guess they were turned. However, we shall see. Not a bad set-up, waaaaaay better then the Wendigo army in Hulk. If only Mac and Heather had some sort of shied to protect themselves though :p....Mac may not have turned on his as he was caught by surprise, but Heather should have been fine.

Don't forget...AMAZING X-MEN #10: "As the Wendigo virus runs rampant through Canada, one of the X-Men falls prey to the deadly plague!" meaning others will be turned too.

Flightpath07
06-05-2014, 06:58 AM
KM, perhaps your Amazing X-Men 10 comment could be directed at Wolverine? After all, "The Death of Wolverine" mini-series is upcoming from Marvel, is it not?

-K-M-
06-05-2014, 08:24 AM
KM, perhaps your Amazing X-Men 10 comment could be directed at Wolverine? After all, "The Death of Wolverine" mini-series is upcoming from Marvel, is it not?

Naaaa different writer and it's a 4-part mini-series in September

Alphan2011
06-05-2014, 10:51 AM
Not a chance. We'll show up and you'll go all Wendigo on us. I've seen that movie!

But seriously, where IS Forrest? I admit I've never heard of it.

Lol, so have I! Yea, I probably would do that.

As for Forrest, it's located on the way to London if you're coming from Windsor or Port Huron. Small place, I've got some family living there. I'm sure they are Wendigos by now LOL!

mrdann1205
06-05-2014, 03:56 PM
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

i have a big beef with this issue s p o i l e r s now i understand when they brought AF back in chaos war they said they were never going to kill them off again. but what really pisses me off is the fact that heather is in her green armor, in a cabin in the middle of frigging no where with mac. now last i knew she ran away with claire to parts unknown and left mac and AF got beat up by the mayan gods in hulk the other thing that really bugs me is the fact that when deadpool gets married all of AF is there. so what? they cured walter? (i always suspected he was hit with unity) which would explain why he couldn't "Sasquatch up" and then when he did he couldn't get out of it. and they managed to get and capture heather and reverse unity on her? now unless they completely ignored V4 i have a big issue with that.... BUT if they manged to fix it off the books as it were (and have flashbacks for it to explain what they did) i would be ok with that except the murder heather did i mean i love alpha flight i really do, buts its crap writing like this thats like a ping pong ball that really pisses me off they should pick a version and stick with it (unless its time travel) not bounce it around all the time like this

Phil
06-05-2014, 05:06 PM
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

now i understand when they brought AF back in chaos war they said they were never going to kill them off again.
Not sure where that was ever stated....

the fact that heather is in her green armor
I can overlook that.
A costume change after the atrocities she committed in her previous suit could make sense, psychologically.

in a cabin in the middle of frigging no where with mac.
Again, that could make sense as a way of the two of them making another go of it.

now last i knew she ran away with claire to parts unknown and left mac
The lack of Claire did strike me as the hardest to explain away. Vol.4 has just been ignored by the looks of it.

AF got beat up by the mayan gods in hulk
Northstar's wedding took place after that arc, chornologically and they were fine in that.

when deadpool gets married all of AF is there.
They were on the cover, but that was just a symbolic figurative cover.
We only saw Northstar & Kyle at the wedding. And Puck on the Bachelor party.

so what? they cured walter? (i always suspected he was hit with unity) which would explain why he couldn't "Sasquatch up" and then when he did he couldn't get out of it. and they managed to get and capture heather and reverse unity on her? now unless they completely ignored V4 i have a big issue with that.... BUT if they manged to fix it off the books as it were (and have flashbacks for it to explain what they did) i would be ok with that except the murder heather did i mean i love alpha flight i really do, buts its crap writing like this thats like a ping pong ball that really pisses me off they should pick a version and stick with it (unless its time travel) not bounce it around all the time like this
It's the first part of a five part story; there's still time to have stuff explained.
Plus it's not an Alpha Flight book; they're merely guest-starring in an X-Men book - they can't spend the whole arc fixing Volume 4 at the expense of the X-Men.

rplass
06-06-2014, 07:58 AM
S

P

O

I

L

E

R

Old enough to be her grandfather. Fine with me, actually.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/06/05/couplewatch-puck-and-shamans-daughter/

Of course MY take-away from that scene was "Yesh! They got Puck's cauliflower ear!"
Sigh.

Phil
06-06-2014, 08:01 AM
S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

It's odd that Heather's not much older than Liz but no-one batted an eye when Puck dated her in Vol.2...

Saying that Mac's a lot older than Heather too so there is a theme...

Mokole
06-06-2014, 05:38 PM
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S
A
G
A
I
N

Not an issue to me. After all, Puck may be old but he's been squished and de-aged, more like a 30 year old than 100. And he's always been written as popular with the ladies.

Flightpath07
06-06-2014, 06:04 PM
S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

It's odd that Heather's not much older than Liz but no-one batted an eye when Puck dated her in Vol.2...

Saying that Mac's a lot older than Heather too so there is a theme...

Heather was Elizabeth's babysitter (as seen in a very early AF issue, the number of which escapes me at the moment), so I would guess that puts her at about 5 to 7 years older than Liz.

I understand that some might say "not much older", but others might disagree; age is relative. If you are 21, for instance, a 28 year old might seem fairly old. Or if 25, then a 32 year old might seem ancient-y. Flipping that, is there really that much difference between a 61 year old and a 68 year old?

Chris
06-06-2014, 06:53 PM
S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

Wolverine is around 130 years old. That's never stopped him from marrying and dating younger women.

rplass
06-06-2014, 07:12 PM
S

P

O

I

L

HEY NOW

E

R

S

Alpha Flight was always about families - brother/sister, Husband/wife, father/daughter/demigod, and the Puck/Talisman thing just seems like another connection between the families.

Phil
06-06-2014, 07:20 PM
S
P
O
I
L
Z

Heather was Elizabeth's babysitter (as seen in a very early AF issue, the number of which escapes me at the moment), so I would guess that puts her at about 5 to 7 years older than Liz.
Yup, #5.2 (http://alphaflight.net/showwiki/Alpha_Flight_1983_005) which prompted my point about age.

I understand that some might say "not much older", but others might disagree; age is relative. If you are 21, for instance, a 28 year old might seem fairly old. Or if 25, then a 32 year old might seem ancient-y. Flipping that, is there really that much difference between a 61 year old and a 68 year old?
Still not sure if you're agreeing with me or not :lol:
Let's say Heather's... what.... 30 now? Liz... 23-25?
Puck's... 60ish, mentally anyway...?

Phil
06-06-2014, 07:23 PM
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

Alpha Flight was always about families - brother/sister, Husband/wife, father/daughter/demigod, and the Puck/Talisman thing just seems like another connection between the families.

True... between Heather/Mac/Madison/Lillian/Eugene there's always been that... as with most soap opera storylines, of which comics are very similar.

Chris
06-06-2014, 07:54 PM
S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

I think Talisman can date whoever she wants. If she wants a six-pack of Judds, that's her business ;)

Flightpath07
06-06-2014, 07:56 PM
S
P
O
I
L
Z

Still not sure if you're agreeing with me or not :lol:

Heh; good, my plan is working, then...

Not really agreeing OR disagreeing. Age differences in relations are very relative, relative to that particular relationship in particular. (Oy! What the...did I just say?) Um...each is its own case. And how it is viewed from the outside, far less important than how it is viewed and handled from the inside.

I don't have a problem with Puck and Liz hooking up, as long as he isn't bouncing her on his knee and telling her stories about having to walk to school barefoot. Plus, anything that keeps AF closer together, is a good thing. This helps to cement Puck's place with AF, imho (or is that ihop? Yummy...pancakes...).

Flightpath07
06-06-2014, 07:57 PM
S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

I think Talisman can date whoever she wants. If she wants a six-pack of Judds, that's her business ;)

Well, with the way her costume has been portrayed, I'd take it she would be open to that sort of thing...

-K-M-
06-06-2014, 11:04 PM
Puck was born in 1914 (100 years old now). All the power to him, I actually have less of a problem with this when he dated Heater. Just very random

Flightpath07
06-07-2014, 07:04 AM
Puck was born in 1914 (100 years old now). All the power to him, I actually have less of a problem with this when he dated Heater. Just very random

Only thing I'll say to dating a character's age is this: Is one year in real time, one year in Marvel time? As we all know, Marvel likes to keep it so that the FF only became a thing about six years ago, regardless of what year you are in yourself. Therefore, the ages of their characters are constantly in an unrecognizable state of flux, like liquid in a vacuum (except not a wetvac).

Phil
06-07-2014, 07:45 AM
Exactly FP.
Franklin Richards was born in 1968 and is generally regarded as 8 years old now.
So Puck's definitely not 100, but he's closer to it than he is to Liz's age.

On the otherhand he has had his body altered several times and probably has the body of a 30 year old now, so it depends how you look at it.

It seems I'm the only one that's slightly disturbed by it, but as FP said it's a personally scale so I'm well aware it's just how I think.
When Boom-Boom and Puck were flirting I didn't find it as strange however, so maybe it's just the fact that Puck was essentially Liz's teacher when she was with Beta Flight, or that it's just because Shaman is a close friend of his.

The age difference aside the pairing seems to have been created simply for shock/drama purposes, which to me is a sign of sloppy writing.
The scenes exist simply so Puck (and Liz) feels guilt when he gets Heather's voicemail and discovers that she's been killed/injured/Wendigo-ed because he ignored her and carried on with Liz.
I wouldn't be completely surprised if by the end of the arc Puck and Heather are together because of it, assuming she survives.

I wasn't a big fan of the issue on the whole, to be completely honest.
There are, however, another 4 issues to turn my opinion around.

Phil
06-07-2014, 10:37 AM
Changing the subject completely I wonder if the cabin's supposed to be the same one in UXM #139-140...?

-K-M-
06-07-2014, 12:51 PM
No Puck has been confirmed to be 100 and even in his handbook entry lists that date, Franklin can't say the same.

Nuff said...
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j165/A_Flight10/age_zps01a174b2.png
*Uncanny X-Force #5 (Vol.2)

even in interviews he was said to be 100

Phil
06-07-2014, 01:58 PM
Then the born in 1914 part is wrong, unless he's the only character in the entire MU who ages properly and not on the sliding scale.

-K-M-
06-07-2014, 02:43 PM
As noted in the comic/handbook/interviews he is indeed 100 so there ya go.

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j165/A_Flight10/1914_zps524d7558.jpg
-------
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=46264

Although "Uncanny X-Force" has its fair share of troubled characters, there is one character who appears to be pretty happy go lucky: Puck. Is he as happy as he seems?

Like Betsy, Puck is a survivor. He's a hundred years old, he's been through a lot, and he's seen it all. I think Puck is someone who's leaned over the years that a positive and happy go lucky attitude is something that serves him well, especially in times of danger. He's like the rest of them though. He's got emotions that plague him; things that keep him up in the dark of the night, things that have troubled him over the years.

Phil
06-07-2014, 03:10 PM
I'm not debating with you that the handbooks state 1914 and the published UXF panel says 100 years old (although the UXF panel above can be chalked up to exaggeration - hell, I feel like I'm 100 years old when I get up in the morning and have said as much) but it can only either be one or the other - else pretty much everyone in the MU is nearing 100 years old.

Interviews don't count for much in the grand scheme of things as they're not canon.

-K-M-
06-07-2014, 04:01 PM
except interviews, handbooks, comics all point to him being 100. Not just one source, but multiple. He was also referenced another time to being 100 in the comics. Not much up for debate really

Also the interview DOES have merit as it's from the very same writer that had Puck say he was 100 which confirms the statement.

Phil
06-07-2014, 04:05 PM
I'm not trying to debate it.

I agree that it's correct in that it's physically in-print.

However it's wrong in that it has to be one or the other, like Bochs & Jeffries first meeting.

-K-M-
06-07-2014, 04:18 PM
That's comics for you. How it fits in with other's timeline is a separate issue, but the point is he is 100 and is listed as such.

Phil
06-07-2014, 04:55 PM
I feel like this has taken a somewhat personal/defensive turn, so I'll just walk away from it for now.

Comics are right, comics are wrong, comics contradict, comics retcon. As you say; that's comics

Flightpath07
06-07-2014, 06:08 PM
I was more perplexed that the article said Puck "has leaned over the years"...this brings to mind an image of The Watcher, looking on at the stream of time and leaning in when he finds something interesting. Or maybe he has a sore back from being so old, and that is why he leans? lol.

Le Messor
06-07-2014, 06:50 PM
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
Y

even though I haven't got the issue yet. :\

The age difference aside the pairing seems to have been created simply for shock/drama purposes, which to me is a sign of sloppy writing.

Somebody has referenced Talisman and Puck training together, which showed a bit of flirtation going all the way back to the Byrne years. So there is some precedent.

Namor also has a set year of birth, about the same time as Puck's iirc. The moral: Comics are inconsistent.

~ Le Messor
Narrator: "With new F--itol, you won't worry about the things you cared about before."
Product user: "You know, I don't think medichloreans are a bad idea. It's only a movie."
~ Nostalgia Critic (Blues Brothers 2000 review)

Sypes
06-08-2014, 03:55 PM
I loved it! I know I say that for every AF appearances (minus the horrible ugly terrifying look Northstar had in Astonishing Xmen!) but I do mean it.

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

And as far as Puck and Talisman, maybe they aren't dating but rather just F.W.B. I think it fits in well. Puck has been known to be a lady's man, and Talisman does have major Daddy issues, so I think it would be normal for her to go towards older men, especially the rough-on-the-edge ones.

TSOG
06-09-2014, 02:25 PM
It seems I'm the only one that's slightly disturbed by it, but as FP said it's a personally scale so I'm well aware it's just how I think.
When Boom-Boom and Puck were flirting I didn't find it as strange however, so maybe it's just the fact that Puck was essentially Liz's teacher when she was with Beta Flight, or that it's just because Shaman is a close friend of his.

You're not, I didn't care for it either. It did seem random. I just shrugged it off as being one of those "a lot can happen in a year" type of things and am hoping that it gets talked about later in this appearance.

I also wasn't crazy about him hanging up on Heather. If it had seemed like a call to whine about her hudband, that's one thing. But it seemed clear that it was an emergency. She DID get it out that she needed THE TEAM in Forrest, right? But he just dismisses it. That seems off.

For that matter, so does Mac walking out after an argument.

Tawmis
06-09-2014, 08:55 PM
S
P
O
I
L
E
R

S
P
A
C
E

Heh - so I have to say I enjoyed the issue. Glad, if they're going to put Heather in an outfit, it's her VOL2 outfit - so we didn't have two of the same costume running around (that's reserved for Aurora and Northstar). Although, over all, I mentioned on another forum - when trying to re-read Vol 2, I didn't enjoy it as much as I originally did (it was mostly how young Mac was drawn). I never cared for Heather in costume, at all anyway. But if she's going to be in one, the Vol2 one is the one I'd prefer for her.

As for the Puck pages - I thought it was really weird too, initially. But Puck has always been pretty vibrant and active. And if there's anyone who has "Daddy" issues - it'd be Talisman. So perhaps the Puck and Talisman thing makes more sense if you read into Puck's origin.

That said, I am hoping this means, Alpha Flight will be appearing in issue #9 as well.

Tawmis
06-09-2014, 08:56 PM
I loved it! I know I say that for every AF appearances (minus the horrible ugly terrifying look Northstar had in Astonishing Xmen!) but I do mean it.

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

And as far as Puck and Talisman, maybe they aren't dating but rather just F.W.B. I think it fits in well. Puck has been known to be a lady's man, and Talisman does have major Daddy issues, so I think it would be normal for her to go towards older men, especially the rough-on-the-edge ones.

Oh how funny - just saw your reply - we both focused on the daddy issues with Talisman.

Sypes
06-10-2014, 12:20 AM
Oh how funny - just saw your reply - we both focused on the daddy issues with Talisman.

It was the first thing that came to mind when I saw the scene, Tawmis!