PDA

View Full Version : A Font Worthy Of Being A Hero. Or many heroes...

Tawmis
07-02-2014, 12:44 AM
Here's something folks may enjoy...
http://newwarriors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1064

Mokole
07-02-2014, 01:28 AM
Alpha Flight included, nice!

Tawmis
07-02-2014, 11:44 AM
Yup! That's why I posted it here. :)

Le Messor
07-04-2014, 05:46 PM
Keepin' it!

... okay, installed the font. Alpha Flight is #.

~ Le Messor
"My foolish parents taught me to read and write."

Crackity Jones
07-09-2014, 08:38 AM
Keepin' it!

... okay, installed the font. Alpha Flight is #.

~ Le Messor
"My foolish parents taught me to read and write."

Thank you! That will save me time when I type it up in my embroidery software. Whenever that is.
This font is free, yes?
Does it have terms and conditions for its use??

Tawmis
07-09-2014, 01:44 PM
It's a font. It's free to use.

Crackity Jones
07-09-2014, 07:41 PM
It's a font. It's free to use.

I suppose I asked for this reply for forgetting to specify terms and conditions for COMMERCIAL use.

Now will you have patience with me, Tawmis?

Tawmis
07-09-2014, 07:42 PM
I suppose I asked for this reply for forgetting to specify terms and conditions for COMMERCIAL use.
Now will you have patience with me, Tawmis?

Well, I imagine the logos are trademarked and what not, by Marvel.

Crackity Jones
07-09-2014, 07:50 PM
Well, I imagine the logos are trademarked and what not, by Marvel.

*sigh*
Nevermind. I will try to find out for myself.
I wasn't asking about the logos, Tawmis. I was asking about the font. For commercial use. I KNOW the logos are trademarked by Marvel.
The ENTIRE UNIVERSE would be trademarked by Marvel if they could get away with it.

Tawmis
07-09-2014, 08:04 PM
*sigh*
Nevermind. I will try to find out for myself.
I wasn't asking about the logos, Tawmis. I was asking about the font. For commercial use. I KNOW the logos are trademarked by Marvel.
The ENTIRE UNIVERSE would be trademarked by Marvel if they could get away with it.

I guess I am sincerely confused?

How would you use the font for commercial use? Like to use to sell, right? In which case, I would guess, no, because they're trademarked logos.

(I swear I wasn't being a smart arse... I know you do the collar things, and that's why I assume you were asking, to see if you could use the fonts to make the logos easier and sell them?)

Flightpath07
07-09-2014, 08:06 PM
Marvel has already trademarked several universes; so far, not this one. And if they do, I want John Byrne to write my dialogue.

Crackity Jones
07-09-2014, 08:14 PM
I guess I am sincerely confused?

How would you use the font for commercial use? Like to use to sell, right? In which case, I would guess, no, because they're trademarked logos.

(I swear I wasn't being a smart arse... I know you do the collar things, and that's why I assume you were asking, to see if you could use the fonts to make the logos easier and sell them?)

Not to sell on my collars.
Nevermind. I will spoil things if I say anything else.

Crackity Jones
07-09-2014, 08:14 PM
Marvel has already trademarked several universes; so far, not this one. And if they do, I want John Byrne to write my dialogue.

I meant REAL universe.

Also, put me down for Byrne, too.

Flightpath07
07-09-2014, 09:52 PM
Okay, that's two for Byrne!

Now, if we lived in an Image-owned universe...Kurtis J. Wiebe, All The Way, All The Time, Write Me!

Le Messor
07-10-2014, 05:51 AM

Hmm... I don't know who I'd want to write mine. Much as I love Byrne's work, not him.

Come to think of it, the number of quotes I use, most of my dialogue was already written by other people anyway!

~ Le Messor
"But don't quote me on that."

Crackity Jones
07-10-2014, 08:18 AM
I don't mind Byrne writing mine.
But I think Roy Thomas would do me justice as well.
I'd let Claremont have a-go as well if I was into leather and man-slaves.

Le Messor
07-10-2014, 04:23 PM
The other day at work I got admin rights on my computer for a while. One of the things I needed to do was put fonts in for mapping software...
Doesn't mean I didn't use the chance to get 'Hall of Heroes' on that computer, though. :P

Crackity, you already work with leather, so you're partway there.

~ Le Messor
"My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Crackity Jones
07-10-2014, 07:09 PM
Crackity, you already work with leather, so you're partway there.

Oh, der. That's right. hahahaha.
Should I start taking applications for man-slaves then?

Flightpath07
07-10-2014, 09:09 PM
Man-slaves? Don't you already have a whole site of us? What, you need More?

No matter how much you beg me (and/or dress up like a furry Sabretooth), I will Not role-play AoA Wild Child for you.

Crackity Jones
07-11-2014, 09:15 AM
Man-slaves? Don't you already have a whole site of us? What, you need More?

No matter how much you beg me (and/or dress up like a furry Sabretooth), I will Not role-play AoA Wild Child for you.

Hahahaha!
None of you are my man-slaves. But that's funny, FP. <3