Thread: Guardians of the Galaxy Movie (Will Aim For Spoilery Freeness!)

Hybrid View

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Tawmis View Post
    since this Yondu is in current times (since it's on par on the same time line as the Avengers movie)
    Not to mention, it opens in 1988 (according to the chyron; that's no spoiler.)

Pex, that's what I'm going with. Actually, I'm not even sure they're the same race (given the fin problem). And, in the future, Yondu's race was primitive (this Yondu doesn't come across as somebody who came from a primitive culture).

The question is - how unique is that arrow?

~ Le Messor
    "As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend."
    ~ Solomon

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    Not to mention, it opens in 1988 (according to the chyron; that's no spoiler.)
    Pex, that's what I'm going with. Actually, I'm not even sure they're the same race (given the fin problem). And, in the future, Yondu's race was primitive (this Yondu doesn't come across as somebody who came from a primitive culture).
    The question is - how unique is that arrow?
    Well the change of primitive and not isn't too big of a deal, if you're doing space opera.
    I mean we have seen things like Pyro was a class member of the X-Men (in the movies), and younger, and also not Australian.
    Rogue's streak in her hair was because of something she endured while hanging onto the Statue of Liberty thanks to Magneto.
    The list goes on and on, with the differences that Marvel has made to things!

As for the arrow - that seems pretty unique. I do like that they kept that part. Imagine if Yondu is not even a name - but a title, that means "Hunter" or something. Would fit with the original Yondu and the movie version (Bounty) Hunter. Oh, the fun we could have if we just went down the Speculation Path!

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

I mean we have seen things like Pyro was a class member of the X-Men (in the movies), and younger, and also not Australian.
    English, iirc. He just flipped back and forth in the comics because there are people who can't tell the difference.

As for the arrow - that seems pretty unique. I do like that they kept that part. Imagine if Yondu is not even a name - but a title, that means "Hunter" or something. Would fit with the original Yondu and the movie version (Bounty) Hunter. Oh, the fun we could have if we just went down the Speculation Path!
    That works for me, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    English, iirc. He just flipped back and forth in the comics because there are people who can't tell the difference.
    Pretty sure Pyro (in comics) is supposed to be Australian?
    "Put some shrimp on the barbie!" type.