Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Guardians of the Galaxy Movie (Will Aim For Spoilery Freeness!)

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    I've just had another friend (who didn't know I'd seen it) highly recommend GotG.
    That's awesome. And I have confirmed, it's definitely probably the same Yondu (as GOTG 3000), because when Rocket is holding up the thing and first sees Quill (for the Bounty), it shows the name of the person who put the bounty out on Quill as: Yondu Udonta. Which is the same as GOTG 3000.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    ?
    ?
    ?

Yes, I knew they'd used both names, but it's been long enough since I read GotG that I couldn't remember it.
    There was never any doubt in my mind that that's who it was meant to be, though.
    Last edited by Le Messor; 08-02-2014 at 08:04 PM.

Spoiler space for the preview panels please guys...

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    please guys...
    Why

isn't

my

Spoiler

space

for

the

preview

panels

working?

Sorry, Phil, didn't think that was spoilery. I saw a picture of said character in the movie at least a month ago.
    Last edited by Le Messor; 08-02-2014 at 08:09 PM.

Alright, so I just got home from the theater. I haven't even read anybody else's comments on this thread yet.

Here go my thoughts, as spoilery-free as possible.

First, I liked it. I thought GotG was a very good movie. That's Very Good, but not Great.

Mind you, I tend to love most sci-fi films, and the grittier and dirtier (and smaller budget) the better.

As a comic book fan who already had a least SOME idea of who the characters in this movie were, I felt that the first half of the movie was pretty blasé. In that, it moved way too slow, it was sluggish and poorly paced. I recognize why; there were a heck of a lot of characters to introduce to the movie-goers, basically zero of whom had ever appeared (or even been mentioned) in a Marvel film before. So, even though i liked the movie overall, most of the first half of it put me to sleep.

Really, my only other complaint, was that all those funny parts that most of us have seen on multiple previews before ever seeing the film? Well, there wasn't a lot more of that funny stuff. They rehashed a couple of the jokes several times. But I had already seen almost all of the funny stuff before the movie started playing. And, overall, the characters weren't so much funny in this film, as just jerks. Yes, these jerks ended up as heroes, and I was thankful for that, but they were still all jerks for most of the film.

Again, not saying i didn't enjoy the film, becuz i did. And if i don't spend a lot of time extoling the virtues of the film, that's becuz that is hard to do without pointing out certain things that are sure to be more spoilery.

I'll see it again, (buy it when it comes out) on dvd. Its a good movie, very good even. But, worthy of being the top-grossing movie for opening weekend ever?!? Nope, not by a long shot. But, that just goes to show the power of marketing, and of name-brand recognition.
    Last edited by Flightpath07; 08-04-2014 at 01:05 AM. Reason: insering an "i" into the word "movie"
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Images

Sorry you didn't enjoy it more. I loved it!

I wanted to love it more. I actually really expected to love it more.

I still loved it. It just didn't match the hype, for me.
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Images

I saw it before the hype. Maybe that's part of the difference?

Maybe I shouldn't be hyping it up so much to people. But I touch-hype. Almost three words per minute!

Eh, lived up to all the hype and then some for me. Hopefully gonna see it again next weekend~

Ditto. Already seen it twice, with plans to see it this weekend with my friend and their daughter (who just got back from Texas!)

Images

It's starting to look like this will be one of those divisive movies that splits the geek community down the middle, between those who loved it and those who only liked it.

Well dunno if you've been searching for "Alpha Flight" on Twitter recently, but here's what comes up:

Name:  twitterplea.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  235.6 KB

MAKE IT HAPPEN MARVEL
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Images

Love it! So much more support out there than I even knew!

It was the same when Department H got mentioned on AoS.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    It was the same when Department H got mentioned on AoS.
    Awesome! As a non-Twitter follower, I never knew.