Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Alpha Flight Movie?!

Hybrid View

They could do a movie like this:
    Mac's dead, Heather runs a very small, underground Department H; "agents" have left for the U.S. and reformed SHIELD is trying to get rid of groups like Dept. H. Judd beats up jerks in a bar, gets hired by Heather to run security 'despite his past and the law'. He accepts, meets Nemesis (who sits there, no talk, sleep, or eat), Killjov (also no talk, but he works out, blades are formed by nannies, Judd knows who he really is [Outcast member] but says nothing), Shaman (wants to keep Talisman away from H), and Walter (who Judd thinks is dead, and is glad Heather has a scientist the equal of Reed Richards on staff, somehow). Nemesis calls him Puck when they finally meet.

Joshua Lord is filthy rich and a Utilitarian Utopian, wants to rid the world of suffering but really wants to create uber-humans like himself. He creates cyborgs and super soldiers for sale, keeps the unique ones for his own para-military. He has the power to wipe out hundreds of millions and remake the survivors into uber-humans.

Heather has the Vindicator suit Mac made but refuses to look at it. Lord, who refers to himself as Master, learns of Department H's continued existence and believes they need to be gotten rid of as they have access to intel that would expose him, even though they don't know it. Unfortunately for him they do discover it and let the news out. Lord denies it, calls it a conspiracy to sully his name all but sends his paramilitary to destroy H when Heather et al are called out by the government to answer for the leak and it's veracity. Lord's squad succeed in destroying H, since it's pretty much abandoned except for some soldiers (who they kill). The government is suspicious and lets Heather have another facility to run H from. Puck is incensed by the failure of people to realize what Lord is doing, and takes over to form Alpha Flight, now that he knows Walter is Sasquatch. Over Shaman's head he recruits Talisman. Nemesis finally does something and it's to agree with him, time to take out Lord. They go without Heather's blessing (she thinks it's all revenge, after all they have no corroboration of the intel on Lord at all). They sneak in and find children (Children of the Night, the sign says) who Lord is experimenting on to find the secret of perfect uber-humans. Against Heather's remote objections they lead the children to safety. Lord's squad is sent to kill AF and the children. Though they are outnumbered and alone Puck and his team hold out, but some children die. Master shows up in his advanced mech suit to end the battle but Heather shows up as Vindicator and kills him. Lord's team is defeated as Shaman and Talisman take away their abilities (they can come back in movie two as the Hardcases or whatever).

Back at H the five children start to die but Walter saves them. Heather keeps Dept. H with a slightly larger science/engineering staff (two more people) and AF gets to stay in the shadows. The children wake up and one finds she can move through objects, another can turn his body appendages into metal parts, another can hide in plain sight, another looks like an alien fish girl….
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

I don't see it happening. Too much working against it, I think. Hollywood folks might think nobody cares about Canadian heroes. Plus, it's tough to have a superhero team movie, since Hollywood will insist on starting with the origins of the characters. It was doable with the Fantastic Four because they all got their powers at the same time. It was doable with the X-Men, because they're all mutants, so you don't really need to explain the origin of each individual character. It was possible with the Avengers because each character had their own movies first, and the Avengers movie was a sequel to those, in a sense. With Alpha Flight, they're not all mutants, and I don't see all of them getting their own movies. There's also the percepction that they're X-Men clones.

By the way, that is a nice list in the link. I'd go see any of them. Add the Legion of Super-Heroes to my list of "I'd love to see a movie, but it's never going to happen" movies.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

That may be true, D - but most of that would've been said about Guardians of the Galaxy not that long ago. Meaning, there's always room for Jell-O hope.

~ Le Messor
    "Necessity has no law."

Yup, we can always hope.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/7-Mar...-43359-p2.html just to say Marvel may or may not be planning on making AF.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Images

Unfortunately, even that article theorises that the copyrighting is only to block Fox, and not to make a movie.

But, that's no reason to believe they won't make it!

Y'know, I was just thinking recently how weird it would've been, how I would've reacted, if you'd told me a few years ago that one day Marvel's movies would be better than their comics.

From the looks of it, that article is just based on the old trademark filings from December, which turned out to pertain to digital comics.

Quote Originally Posted by MistressMerr View Post
    From the looks of it, that article is just based on the old trademark filings from December, which turned out to pertain to digital comics.
    Which I might add, they're taking forever getting the original run all the way added. They have like the first 8 issues of Byrne's run in there, and that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawmis View Post
    Which I might add, they're taking forever getting the original run all the way added. They have like the first 8 issues of Byrne's run in there, and that's it.
    I believe all of the full runs are available on Marvel Unlimited.

Quote Originally Posted by MistressMerr View Post
    I believe all of the full runs are available on Marvel Unlimited.
    Nope, just the first 8 still

Though all of Vol's 3 & 4 are there.

Phil beat me to it. I have Marvel Unlimited right now, because of the 99 cent deal they did.

Yeah... I'm not sure what factors are involved... whether it's lack of demand, the fact that Classics Vol.2 is still in print, or a royalties issue.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Yeah... I'm not sure what factors are involved... whether it's lack of demand, the fact that Classics Vol.2 is still in print, or a royalties issue.
    Well, it's obviously not X-Factor. They weren't even a team yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Yeah, they do that with a few things. Like West Coast Avengers has like #1, #2, then skips to like #42 or something.