P

O

I

L

E

R

SPACE...

Well...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

This issue has pretty much redeemed most of my quibbles with the other two issues (No Claire mention though, sorry folks).

I had a bit of an issue with Northstar's dialogue; about Aurora (as KM mentioned here) and about children - have Kyle & Yost not read the legendary #106? And Aurora makes a comment implying she wasn't at JP's wedding when she clearly was, but other than that AF were a major part of this issue.

I loved the way the teams are split up and everyone is shown and Sasquatch's beastial nature makes sense given the context - Great Beasts over Gamma.

Plus, Mac & Talisman are alive!
    I also noticed Aurora implying she wasn't at the wedding. Interesting...

Sasquatch getting all bestial does indeed make sense the closer they get to the "wound of the mountain" and I love Colossus's comment "Sasquatch seems... unreliable" as it helps deliver what's coming next.

Bringing back the Alpha Flight team that is so close to the original (considering the Great Beasts connection) brings me back to Alpha Flight volume one issue one. That's one of my favorite comic issues of any ever written for Marvel. John Byrne has always been a fan fav of mine. His issues of the Avengers West Coast made that series. Golden touch. But I digress... Marvel NOW needs Alpha Flight back in the line-up with an art and writing team that have made the Amazing X-Men one of my must buy comics every month!

I read the issue. I dug it. Nice to see the rest of Alpha Flight. Had mentioned in the Comic Relief Podcast about the rest of Alpha being absent.

The whole Aurora wedding thing may be due to her multiple personalities acting up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill P View Post
    The whole Aurora wedding thing may be due to her multiple personalities acting up.
    Give this man a NO-PRIZE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Give this man a NO-PRIZE!!!
    Why thank you! Always wanted one.

So the last two days I have been reading (for the first time) all the Alphans' appearances since the end of the fourth Alpha Flight series/Chaos War. It was nice seeing Northstar and Puck in so many books. But what a pile of crud to read and look at. Not till Amazing X-men did I come across a solid story with equally as strong art. Which has only got better now that Alpha Flight is here!