You know, this got me thinknig about something from a few years ago. I ran into Mark Pannicia, the editor for the 4th series at Midtown Comics (see big article I wrote about it: http://www.alphaflight.net/showthrea...ll=1#post80478 ) and he mentioned something like this as a pitch:

Quote Originally Posted by rplass View Post
He said that he couldn't believe how many Alpha Flight pitches there were before this series, and I asked him if he remembered one [that had been rejected]. He said that one had Alpha Flight in the role of "world avengers" , saving the whole world, which we both agreed wouldn't be consistent with their Canadian character.
I wonder if this Captain Marvel series is that very same pitch rejected years ago. And now I remember how the non-Canadianness of their role on an outpost defense space station would have bothered me. Well years later and without their own series, I'm not so bothered by it. If it were the setting for their very own series yeah that would be weird, but as a guest appearance in Captain Marvel's book, it seems kind of nifty actually.