Thread: Back issues

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Short of a film, or a major, major creative team taking on the team, I don't think back issues will become a priority.
    I think they just need some cool story telling... (which the last "volume" of Alpha Flight, thought could have done just that, because we got a clean Alpha Flight, with a little edge)... Because it's typically Fabian N. who writes Deadpool (and I believe the one who successfully be credited for making him as popular as he is now)... and Fabian also wrote New Warriors and a segment of the original Alpha Flight... I think Alpha Flight was too much of a mess by the time Fabian was writing it... which is why I think the latest volume had the potential to make Alpha Flight popular had it been given a chance to continue as a series.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Tawmis View Post
    it's typically Fabian N. who writes Deadpool (and I believe the one who successfully be credited for making him as popular as he is now)...
    I thought it was someone else? (Can't remember who, but wrote part of the Deadpool ongoing.)

and Fabian also wrote New Warriors and a segment of the original Alpha Flight... I think Alpha Flight was too much of a mess by the time Fabian was writing it...
    He's definitely why I like New Warriors, but I didn't like his Alpha Flight. I've developed a theory about him:
    He'll take pretty much any job they give him. When he cares about that job, he's one of the greatest writers out there; when he doesn't, he's... not.
    That's why Linkara has to keep saying 'Fabian, you're a good writer! Stop appearing on my show!' (he only reviews bad comics). That's why New Warriors was great, his Alpha Flight wasn't. etc...

~ Le Messor
    "Believe me, every heart has its secret sorrows, which the world knows not; and oftentimes we call a man cold when he is only sad."
    ~ Robert C. Savage

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    He's definitely why I like New Warriors, but I didn't like his Alpha Flight. I've developed a theory about him:
    He'll take pretty much any job they give him. When he cares about that job, he's one of the greatest writers out there; when he doesn't, he's... not.
    That's why Linkara has to keep saying 'Fabian, you're a good writer! Stop appearing on my show!' (he only reviews bad comics). That's why New Warriors was great, his Alpha Flight wasn't. etc...
    I think he just does better with clean slate characters.

You have to admit by the time he got his hands on Alpha Flight, they were a horrible mess.

(and I believe the one who successfully be credited for making him as popular as he is now)
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    I thought it was someone else? (Can't remember who, but wrote part of the Deadpool ongoing.)
    Joe Kelly.