Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Article: Alpha Flight Confirmed - Captain Marvel #1 Preview Pages

Okay, thanks for that. Don't like the team being under "foreign control" so to speak, but whatever gets the characters in a book.
    EDIT: What I mean is I don't like the idea of heroes from outside the team being in charge of it. It makes it seem like none of them are good enough to do the job so they had to outsource it to a "competent" hero.
    Last edited by Legerd; 12-17-2015 at 05:59 PM.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

I wouldn't say "this group does more than protect just Canada" alone is confirmation... but that isn't all we have to go on. There's Sasquatch meditating, and apparently the cover to #3? - so, yay!

~ Le Messor
    "Don't be stupid. We have world leaders for that."
    ~ bumper sticker

Zoom in on the second page, fella.

Images

Wow... I'd thought those were the same pictures I'd seen in colour on a different thread, but yeah, that's also definite!

Why is Walter flying a spacecraft while transformed? I can only think of disadvantages.

While I can see Kris trying to show each character's scale while in the cockpit: the cover for issue #3 shows that he didn't quite nail it. Walter should be squished up against the canopy, while Eugene should be struggling to see over the controls.

I have my fingers and toes crossed for this series, as my monthly All-New All-Different Marvel pull list fairly sparse. Like everyone else, I'm glad to see a few of our favourite characters getting some much needed attention. I just hope that the creative team appreciates what has come before. I'd rather see most of the team in supportive roles for a squadron of spacecraft, rather than pilots themselves. I don't recall any of the three shown above flying the Omnijet.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by swh_comicguy View Post
    I'd rather see most of the team in supportive roles for a squadron of spacecraft, rather than pilots themselves. I don't recall any of the three shown above flying the Omnijet.
    Puck flew a DeHaviland Otter (don't ask how he got it) in The Gift (the first X-Men / Alpha Flight crossover).

~ Le Messor
    "Don't forget until too late that the business of life is not business but living."
    ~ B.C. Forbes, founder of Forbes magazine

Puck has piloted the omni-jet several times in Volume 1. Can't recall Walter or aurora doing it

Edit: just remembered Sasquatch did pilot the BOX ship when they were traveling through space.
    Last edited by -K-M-; 12-23-2015 at 08:54 AM.

Northstar was shown piloting the Blackbird in UXM, so it's not too much of a leap to say that he & Aurora were taught to pilot an Omnijet at some point.

Or in the 8 month gap between Secret Wars #9 and ANAD-Marvel.

Spider-Woman #2 features the first glimpse of AF!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	168 
Size:	326.8 KB 
ID:	5001

And so it begins...let the cameos keep coming

This earlier panel gives me hope that characters other than the three we've seen may appear later (due to the two figures on the right hand side):

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SW2panel.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	85.3 KB 
ID:	5011

Images

I recognise Yoda, but the other one could be anybody...

I know it's Puck.

~ Le Messor
    "Don't be too stupid to be lazy."
    ~ West Indies proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Judging from what's going on in the MU at the moment, magic is going to be a big thing and I'm guessing Shaman got earmarked.
    http://brevoortformspring.tumblr.com...detective-type

We've been seeing sort of similar detective type storylines going on in Doctor Strange, Scarlet Witch and Hercules, all hinting that something huge and dreadful is happening on the magic side of the Marvel Universe. I was speculating and then a friend of mine reminded me that Wiccan was going to go thru changes. Are we getting a big magic user event later this year, around the time of the Doctor Strange movie? maybe involving all this and X-Men in Magik's dimension too?

You’ll have to wait and see, but at least some of this stuff isn’t a coincidence.