Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Article: An Alphan To Appear In The Deadpool Movie? *SPECULATION*

Default Article: Wyre To Appear In Deadpool Movie? *RUMOUR*

I'm excited for this movie. I think it's going to be great

now on topic. I was never a fan of Wyre so even though it's a possible Alpha Flight cameo I'm impartial to it

I'm hoping that the character is indeed Wyre, but based on the quote by Tim Miller it is possible that they may have grabbed the X-Men TV character "Spyke" for that shot.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spyke

The skin colour and hair makes me think it's not Spyke, but things can be changed I suppose.

thats marrow from the trailer. tim miller did a breakdown of the trailer and stated it was marrow.

Have you got a link at all?

All I've seen is other fan speculation, and while they probably are bones & it probably is her I can't find Miller state it anywhere and there's supposedly no mention of Marrow in the leaked screenplay.
    Last edited by Phil; 12-29-2015 at 09:39 AM.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

That figure looks female to me, so I'm going Marrow - and the protrusions are thick and bonelike, so again, Marrow.

I don't even have the Deadpool / Death annual (never found a copy).

~ Le Messor
    "Education makes a man a more intelligent shoemaker, if that be his occupation, but not by teaching him how to make shoes; it does so by the mental exercise it gives, and the habits it impresses."
    ~ John Stuart Mill

Oh yeah; there's a near certain chance it's Marrow in the image - it just led me to the news of Wyre being in the original screenplay.

Well, he's not listed in the imdb credits, but neither is Marrow...
    There are two "Super Soldiers" though...
    Last edited by Phil; 02-09-2016 at 08:33 PM.

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R

S
    P
    A
    C
    E

Nope, no Wyre.
    The character in the above screengrab isn't in it for more than the trailer and isn't named in the credits as it's a non speaking part.

Angel Dust has definitely taken the role that Wyre fulfilled in the original screenplay(and the scene above), and the matchsticks are a theme.

If DP2 is Deadpool vs Cable & X-Force there's a chance Kane and Wyre could be in that as villains that both sides eventually join together to thwart.

Maybe we should start tweeting Ryan Reynolds now, and asking for Kane & Wyre to be included in the sequel?

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Deadp...It-111867.html

We consolidated, in the first draft, Ajax has really three underlings. It was Wyre, it was Garrison Kane and it was Sluggo. And then ultimately due to budget, we had to consolidate those into one character. And we wanted the movie to have a really strong kick-ass female presence. That was a mandate from Tim, so we introduced, we introduced Angel Dust as sort of a combination of those three to provide the muscle for Ajax.
    There we go!

I'm surprised they would want to use wyre as he hasn't appeared since the 90s. Sluggo I'm not familiar with

He was an X-Force Department K/Weapon Prime character, like Kane.
    He appeared in one of the Deadpool mini's & his second series, so at least he's actually met Wade.