Thread: Original Alpha Flight

Threaded View

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default Ten core members...only 9 can come back

Civilian names first because they are people as well as heroes. Way back when, they were portrayed as both. Jeanne-Marie Beaubier (the original character) really needs to be differentiated from Jeanne-Marie Baptiste (from ALPHA FLIGHT # 50).

As for the hero-names, it's a bit of dilemma. "Aurora"---I found out much, much later in life---is also the name of the Goddess of Dawn. I'm hoping that some sort of positive connection between the two can be established, because Aurora-the-comic-book-character has been put through the ringer.

I have a personal favorite code-name for Mac. It isn't "Guardian", "Vindicator", or "Anti-Guard".

There are at least three Marrina-type characters, I think: the three alluded to during the Hudnall run, and/or "Marr" (vol. 3)/"Marrina" (vol.4)/"Original Marrina" coming out of wherever (Chaos War: Alpha Flight/Chaos War # 5).

Heather, as portrayed in volume 4---well, the whole team, for that matter---has a very shaky claim to being a hero. Phil probably won't agree with that, but what else is new? But that's only a small part of why. First, (as I envision it) there are only nine slots allocated for a government-sanctioned team. Plot-wise, there are ten core members (in which Heather is included), but only nine can come back. Lastly, and most importantly, I like the 3 x 3/9-panel grid.
    Last edited by Garry/Al-Fan; 07-05-2023 at 01:22 PM.
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.