Thread: Original Alpha Flight

Hybrid View

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

I started thinking about how ironic (or just plain hypocritical!) it'd be if I started an angry fight* about this!

You make a subtle distinction about Marinna; since I haven't read the comics since they first came out, I really can't address it.

* I was never thinking about starting said fight.

~ Le Messor
    "For an actress to be a success she must have the face of Venus, the brains of Minerva, the grace of Terpsichore, the memory of Macaulay, the figure of Juno, and the hide of a rhinoceros."
    ~ Ethel Barrymore

The Erie Canal Warrior Alpha Flight

Issue one of fear itself was the first alpha flight issue I ever read, although ironically it was the last alpha flight arc I completed. The reason I guess why Marrina was so jarring is that, correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the last time prior to issue 1 of fear itself where she was present was way back when Alpha flight invaded Atlantis? Cuz I can see going from that to die earth scum being offsetting to people. Personally,as a punk rocker myself, I liked it, but then again I also liked her before that change. Now in terms of character advancement I thought volume 4 did the best ever interpretation of Aurora and Northstar out of the entire history of Alpha Flight ( I probably just violated the Ten Commandments of John Byrne with that statement )
    "like Warren Moon before he defected, a perfect spiral!" - Eugene Judd