Thread: Captain Britain

Default Captain Britain

So how has heard about the possibility of a new Netflix show with Captain Britain? did I hear it right? So does marvel have no rights what so ever to Alpha flight!? lol
    “God made only one of each of us. It's up to us to make the most of our individuality.” Kevin Max

The Erie Canal Warrior Alpha Flight

I'm confused how them making Captain Britain (assuming they are) has anything to do with their rights to Alpha Flight in regards to film and tv. Just because they aren't making an Alpha flight movie or show doesn't mean they own the rights. It just means for whatever reason they view Captain Britain as a more marketable and profitable character
    "like Warren Moon before he defected, a perfect spiral!" - Eugene Judd

It's very much blown out of proportion.

The original tweets from the costume designer didn't mention Netflix at all.

If it's genuine (and that's a BIG IF - especially this close to April Fools Day) it's most likely a TV show from Fox who own the X-rights and are currently making TV shows based on Legion and The Hellfire Club.

Captain Britain isn't a mutant, but he's probably more closely tied to the X-Verse than the MCU, through his association with Excalibur and Psylocke's retcon to be a mutant.

As to AF; it's still up in the air.
    Department H was listed in screen grabs for X-2, but also mentioned on Agents of SHIELD.

IF Marvel/Disney were to own the rights they wouldn't be able to use Northstar & Aurora, or at least not as Mutants. (Though I'd rather they weren't used at all, than be Elves).

So basically, we won't know till we know!
    Last edited by Phil; 03-23-2016 at 04:31 PM.

And it's not actually a thing: http://uproxx.com/gammasquad/marvel-...-television/3/

Just some over-enthusiastic, unconnected producers trying to submit a pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Captain Britain isn't a mutant, but he's probably more closely tied to the X-Verse than the MCU, through his association with Excalibur and Psylocke's retcon to be a mutant.
    You mean like Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver being tied to Magneto and still appearing in Avengers?

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Wait... Psylocke being a mutant was a retcon?

The Erie Canal Warrior Alpha Flight

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    Surprise to me too
    "like Warren Moon before he defected, a perfect spiral!" - Eugene Judd

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    I am not sure - I know in Captain Britain - she was initially presented as a precog - not a telepath. That happened after, if I remember, Mojo inserted bionic eyes into her - and the New Mutants came along and rescued her. She took up residence with the X-Men, and somehow (I don't remember it explained?), she was no longer a precog - but a telepath.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawmis View Post
    You mean like Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver being tied to Magneto and still appearing in Avengers?
    Yet Scarlet Witch is more closely linked to the Avengers so the MCU got her, Quicksilver to the X-Verse so Fox got him.

The swap-deal to have Quicksilver appear in AoU wasn't a permanent one hence the death. Just like the fact that we won't see Quicksilver's un-named sister from DoFP again.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    The swap-deal to have Quicksilver appear in AoU wasn't a permanent one hence the death. Just like the fact that we won't see Quicksilver's un-named sister from DoFP again.
    Oh, that explains it! Thanks.
    Still I'm sad.

~ Le Messor
    "Foolishness is infinitely more fascinating than intelligence… Intelligence has limits while foolishness has none."
    ~ Claude Chabrol