Thread: Alpha Flight Reading Order

Hybrid View

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Hey, GuardianFan, welcome aboard!

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianFan View Post
    After that I throw in Machine Man #18 (I know it's not necessary but North Star, Aurora and Sasquatch make an appearance). After, Marvel Two-in-One #83 - 84 (Again, North Star, Aurora and Sasquatch, these issues are mentioned in Alpha Flight #12). Moving on to Uncanny X-Men #139 - 140 where the Wendigo is battled.
    Do see the chronology thread that Phil linked to, but note that Machine Man #18 and Uncanny #139-140 are canonically concurrent. In one of the issues, somebody actually says 'the other characters aren't with us right now because they're guest-starring in the other comic'...
    Um... maybe not in those exact words...

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianFan View Post
    ... or, if it's fall or winter...
    It is winter!

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    I think Mik mentions it in the thread that the Wolverine & Kitty Pryde series is concurrent with AF#12 and is where Logan finds out about Mac's death even though there's no actual appearance of the team/characters in it,
    I think that was on my Marvel Premiere Classics thread where I said that. Might've been both.

~ Le Messor (Mik)
    "I have come to the conclusion that there is nothing good that doesn't have bad consequences and nothing bad that doesn't have good consequences."
    ~ Pete Seeger

Images

... okay, I've just looked it up. In Uncanny #139, Mac says:

Quote Originally Posted by Vindicator
    Department "H" sent the other half of Alpha Flight -- Aurora, Northstar and Sasquatch -- into the States, on a covert operation to kidnap some robot.*"
    (The emphasis is in the issue. Apparently, Jimmy doesn't expect Shaman to remember the code-names of his other three teammates.)

With a footnote:

Quote Originally Posted by Louise Jones
    * For that story, gentle readers, check out Machine Man #19 on sale now -- Louise.
    I've never noticed before that they got the issue of Machine Man wrong.

~ Le Messor
    "I have always been amoung those who believe that the greatest freedom of speech was the greatest safety, because if a man is a fool, the best thing to do is to encourage him to advertise the fact by speaking."
    ~ Woodrow Wilson

Default Reading Order

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    ... okay, I've just looked it up. In Uncanny #139, Mac says:

(The emphasis is in the issue. Apparently, Jimmy doesn't expect Shaman to remember the code-names of his other three teammates.)

With a footnote:

I've never noticed before that they got the issue of Machine Man wrong.

~ Le Messor
    "I have always been amoung those who believe that the greatest freedom of speech was the greatest safety, because if a man is a fool, the best thing to do is to encourage him to advertise the fact by speaking."
    ~ Woodrow Wilson

I totally understand and see that yes INDEED they got that issue number wrong. Didn't take me long to figure it out though. Machine Man had only 19 issues total and so I just went one issue back and found it. I even visited my old friend E-Bay and bought it. It's part of my continuity now. I think I'll have time this weekend to finish putting together a list of what I call my continuity. Some of you may agree with it and some of you may not. It will work for me as I have ALL of the issues and ALL of the volumes. I'm SO looking forward to getting this set up. Keep the suggestions coming. It helps me keep a mind set while I'm doing this. PS, where do the Annuals come into play?

Images

It is winter!
    Hah! It even snowed here this morning. That is so rare here!

I think that was on my Marvel Premiere Classics thread where I said that. Might've been both.
    That does make sense and ring a bell.

EDIT: It was actually here: http://alphaflight.net/showthread.ph...nd-Wolverine-4
    Last edited by Phil; 07-13-2016 at 06:33 AM.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Thanks for digging it up!

I started a new thread just for that?