Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wolverine 3: Logan (Trailer)

Default Wolverine 3: Logan (Trailer)

Another one - where the trailer just came out.

I did a write up with my speculation(s) based on the trailer - and the trailer is posted in the thread found here:
    http://comicreliefpodcast.com/archives/1167

I'm excited about this movie. I think it's going to be a nice send off for jackman

Great trailer. The Johnny Cash cover of Hurt set the tone perfectly.
    You are witnessing the death of a dream...

I just hope the movie is as good as the trailer.

Could be good, hard to say from one thing. Maybe it's from the storyline of Wolverine killing everyone after Mastermind controlled him. If we're lucky, Puck.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

My speculation is, that something's happened, and mutants have lost their powers.
    It'd explain why Logan is suddenly aging (and Professor X is still alive; so basically it's not 100 years later, and Wolverine's older, and Professor X dead by this time).
    I think his bloody hands were another hint, that his healing factor wasn't kicking in.
    And that's what he means by "the world's a different place... there's no more mutants..."

My guess is that Xavier is just in his head, and doesn't actually exist anymore.

Remember he was born in 1880. So with his healing factor weakening makes sense he would look super old in 2024. By all accounts he should have died of old age many times over if it wasn't for his healing factor

Yeah, and that fits with Old Man Logan.

Phil: My guess is that Xavier is just in his head, and doesn't actually exist anymore.
    Even though we see him in the truck with Logan and X23, when it's spinning out of control? (Still could be in his head, sure... but to me, it seemed like he was there... because I have a feeling, at the end, when he's holding the shovel, that's him burying Professor Xavier... and I have a feeling whatever happened to Prof X, probably half way through the movie, will be the turning point for Wolverine, where he is forced to go after the Reavers, Donald Pierce, and whomever else...)

The trailer doesn't have to be linear though.
    The burial scene could be a flashback.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

I thought this one looked pretty bleak and depressing to be honest.

Being based on a Millar comic only made it look worse. :/

... and that's two trailers in a row which I disagree with everybody on.

~ Le Messor
    "I want nothing to do with natural foods. At my age I need all the preservatives I can get."
    ~ George Burns

I think that's sort of the point. It's a depressing world for mutants... an end... if you will.

My buddy and I recorded a podcast about it - And we think it's essentially FOX's attempt to put a close to that timeline (so there's no more mutants), since they will be focusing on the Age of Apocalypse team of X-MEN.

Supposedly, anyway.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

[quote=Tawmis]
    I think that's sort of the point.[quote]
    Yeah, but it's bleak and depressing.

I was going to requote you and say "I think that's sort of the point" so there'd be this whole circular thing...
    But with the quote function being broken currently, it was too much work.