Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wolverine 3: Logan (Trailer)

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

My point is, if I find something looks bleak and depressing, telling me that's the point of it does absolutely nothing to make me like it more.

~ Le Messor
    "Circular logic: See 'Logic, circular'."
    "Logic, circular: See 'Circular logic'."
    ~ B.C.

Oh! I wouldn't try to convince you to like Wolverine (or the X-Men) movies more... because... Well, I will probably be disappointed myself.

I just thought the trailer (which was trying to capture that depressing feel, I feel) - did a good job of doing that (with the song, and how Hugh Jackman sounds during the voice over).

Images

I've enjoyed most of the X-Men movies so far, so my mind isn't closed to this one, but I don't like bleak and depressing in movies. I guess I feel like, if I wanted to get bleak and depressed, I'd...

... I'd never want to feel bleak and depressed.

So, if the movie has that effect (deliberately) - well done; but I don't want to know.

~ Le Messor
    "I need not suffer in silence while I can still moan, whimper and complain. "
    ~ Daily Affirmation

The Erie Canal Warrior Alpha Flight

I can understand that Le Messor. It's partially why I'm frustrated with the Cap Steve Rogers storyline,im read cap stories to see him stand up for what's right, and so seeing him work for hydra ruins the escapism. But I don't mind that frame in my movies, I actually loved the trailer myself, the song put it over the top in a good way. Now as for my opinion on the xmen movies:
    xmen 1: decent
    x-men 2: good
    x3- awful
    xmen origins wolverine : mindnumbingly dumb
    xmen first class pretty good
    the wolverine good
    xmen days of future past: amazing
    apocalypse- haven't seen it yet
    "like Warren Moon before he defected, a perfect spiral!" - Eugene Judd

Images

For me it's:
    X1: very good
    X2: amazing
    X3: okay at best, disappointing following the other two
    Origins: let us never speak of it again
    The Wolverine: Good! What a twist!
    First Class: My favourite
    DofP: good, but let down by being depressing
    Apocalypse: good, could've been better.

With the last three, I really needed them to establish a status quo. Choose an X-team and stick to it. Without that, I can't get attached to their characters.

X1: Boring
    X2: Great
    X3: Terrible
    XMO:W: Amusingly bad, so good.
    The Wolverine: Awful
    FC: Mostly Great
    DOFP: Bad

Not seen Apocalypse. Possibly thankfully.

Images

By the time of Apocalypse, interest had started to dip.
    When I went to see it in the theatre, I didn't even try to get anybody else to go along; I just went.
    It was a movie I enjoyed, but I could probably find more things to complain about than to say 'this was great about it'. It, like all the others, is now part of my bluray collection (Wolverine: Origins was part of a box set I got as a gift, otherwise I wouldn't have it).

For those who haven't seen Apocalypse: if your interest is that low, don't waste your time watching it.

X1: good
    X2: Hated it, honestly
    X3: Really hayed it
    Origins: Terrible
    The Wolverine: Mediocre to me, at best
    First Class: Good, not great
    DofP: Bad
    Apocalypse: haven't seen it
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Images

Well, we have a consensus about Apocalypse: Most of the forum has that 'never seen it' feeling about it.

I've just come back from the comic store where, to bring back to the thread topic, a guy asked - they'd sold out of Old Man Logan trades.

~ Le Messor
    "I wish there was some way to turn down the stupidity on tv. There's a knob called 'brightness,' but that doesn't work."
    ~ Unknown

To be honest, I have not enjoyed the recent comic book renditions of the X-Men or Wolverine. As much as Old Man Logan was a very entertaining look into the future and a great story arc, I am not interested in seeing that character every month in the mainstream. The original Logan was much more interesting because there was so much from his history they could pull from.
    As for the movies:

X1: Very enjoyable
    X2: My favourite of all of them
    X3: Could have been better but it just didn't deliver
    Origins: This was a giant middle finger to the fanbase
    The Wolverine: Loved seeing the Japan Saga brought to screen, but they totally blew it on the Silver Samurai character
    First Class: Michael Fassbender was excellent in this... the rest pretty much sucked
    DOFP: Very good, the Quicksilver kitchen scene is timeless (no pun intended)
    Apocalypse: So much potential to revitalize the franchise, but fell flat
    The Flight Forever !

Well, since we're doing this...

X1: At the time, I was impressed. Disliked the "leather" look, but it was what it was.
    X2: It was good. Nothing to write home about.
    X3: Hated it.
    Origins: Best Sabretooth so far. Best Deadpool. Right up to the end. WTF were they thinking?
    The Wolverine: Mediocre at best. The potential to unleash the savage Wolverine fell flat - like when the ninjas all speared him and Wolverine fell flat in the snow.
    First Class: So. Much. Hatred.
    DoFP: Good, for what it was. Almost a really good movie. Best direction up to this point.
    Apocalypse: Really good, except for all the things I hated and nitpicked.

The problem is - FOX is now trying to tie these universes together, but they've changed the cast of main characters so many times by different actors, that it's nothing but a cluster fubar.