Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: From an old issue of Marvel Age about Bill coming on Alpha Flight.

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default Alpha Flight or Alpha Flight in name only?

The thing is, are the original characters really back?

Aurora/Jeanne-Marie: discounting the yellow/blue eyes of volume 4, the 2006 All-New Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe describes Aurora as a "terrorist", first and foremost. It also states her identity as "Secret", although the short, concise entry in the 2010 Heroic Age: Heroes says "identity public."

The two members of (original) Alpha Flight who really shouldn't have their identities public are Jeanne-Marie/Aurora (who is portrayed more as a victim than a superhero) and Heather McNeil Hudson (who comes from a large family).

They clearly are the original characters, yes.

They've just had character development.

Whether it's good development or bad development is a different debate.

With regards to Aurora going public between 2006 and 2010 I'd imagine this would be at the point when she started running her brother's company.

Not to mention, how no one made the connection that they're related is pretty insane, considering he was a famous skier... and she looks JUST like him... and they were on the same team as a PUBLIC heroes.

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default Heather/Mac

I've been going back through the various versions of Alpha Flight to see if any previous versions of Heather had freckles, since she clearly has freckles from the last page of volume 4 # 1 through the rest of the 8-issue limited series. AF# 0.1: Heather has no freckles. AF one-shot: no freckles. I'm looking over the Mantlo era, which volume 4 is most closely linked to, and...no freckles.

Moreover, volume 4 # 2 repeatedly states "Heather's" family name as "MACNEIL"---a spelling that was predominently used throughout the Mantlo era---whereas the 2006 All-New Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe states that Mac/Guardian is married to "Heather McNeil Hudson"....in addition to listing Guardian's identity as "Secret (known to certain Canadian government officials)."

This is minutia, I admit, but where it is clearly the original characters has yet to be seen.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

The minutia often gets overlooked, and there are far worse examples.
    Sigh.

~ Le Messor
    "If you are content with the best you have done, you will never do the best you can do."
    ~ Martin Vanbee

It would make sense for someone with hair as red as Heather to have freckles...

Heather, I imagine, should have freckles.

And the spelling error with the name... trust me, that's just bad editors (I don't even know what the editors do anymore... certainly not keep an eye on continuity)... same thing happened with the character Skin (from Generation X)... when he was killed, his name was spelled wrong... it's just lazy checking on the editor's behalf (and writer's, sure, but the editor is there to catch that stuff...)

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default Jeanne-Marie "Baptiste" - AF#50

According to Alpha Flight #50, in a part of the story that does not seem to be narrated/revealed by Loki, Jeanne-Marie "Baptiste" is the character who is supposedly also "Aurora". Moreover, in a part of the story that is narrated/revealed by the Norse God of mischief, discord, and lies, "Jean-Claude Baptiste" is said to be Jeanne-Marie and Jean-Paul's father...and their mother has a name (at least as told by Loki), but the 2006 ANOHotMU states that their mother is "unidentified."

If there is a comic book or interview that clears this all up, please let me know. I would like to read it.
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

Loki is a liar, Al. He enjoys messing with people.
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Loki is a liar, Garry. He enjoys messing with people.

Images

Loki is not a liar. He said so.

I apologize for the double post and for my screw up with your name, Garry. I'll blame it on my meds. My phone isn't letting me edit anything, so again, I apologize.

Dana

Images

It's not your phone, Dana.

Haha Mik!

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default "Jean-Baptiste-Beaubier"

No problem. My thought is Loki was the one who "revealed" the twins origin because he is a liar. Believing him isn't the wisest thing to do.

But that does clarify the contradiction with the ANOHotMU (2006) entry for "Aurora". It would be nice if the folks who actually greenlighted and produced the books would explain some of these things, for a change.