First of all I just wanted to say long time no see fellow Alpha Wavers. been almost a year I think if not more since the last time I was on this site. part of this was me entering crunch mode regarding studying for my composition exam (which is this Thursday), part of it was due to plain old forgetfulness, and Part of it was I was burnt out on alpha after that long alpha game thread. But anyhoo I'm back and it feels great to be back.

With that out of the way, I wanted to ask, has anyone hear read the 2015 six issue miniseries by Brian K. Vaughn and Steve Skroce for Image comics called We Stand on Guard? Barebones description is its essentially Red Dawn in Canada, with the wolverines replaced by Canadian resistance group the two four (it's a reference to alcohol) and the Russian and Cuban invaders replaced by the United States. I'm a huge fan of the original 1984 Red Dawn, and so when I saw the trade paperback cover as I walked into my local comic store, I was like I have to buy this. Especially since back in 2010-2011 I gave a half hearted attempted of writing a screenplay with the same basic concept as We Stand on Guard, so I was curious if they hit many of the themes I had planned on using. Overall it was good, but it had some glaring problems, one in particular which wound up souring the rest of the book for me.