Thread: Appearance in National Geographic

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Default Appearance in National Geographic

In the original series #4, in the proto-letters page, there's a sarcastic little comment that: "Some of our Canadian readers seem to have picked up Alpha Flight #1 in the mistaken impression that it was a copy of the National Geographic.

It has now come around! Alpha Flight have now appeared in the actual National Geographic!

Well, one of them has:
    My dad just showed me a copy of said magazine, which had a brief article about diversity in comics. One of the characters listed (and pictured) was Northstar (holding hands with Kyle, I believe at their wedding).

~ Le Messor
    "Moderation is a virtue only in those who are thought to have an alternative."
    ~ Henry Kissinger

That's awesome!!! Go Alpha and NG.

What issue of National Geographic? Would love to grab a copy
    It's chaos, be kind

Images

Sorry, it was so long ago I've long since forgotten. I doubt my dad remembers either (and he was here about five minutes ago! If I'd read this first, I could've asked him.)

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    Sorry, it was so long ago I've long since forgotten. I doubt my dad remembers either (and he was here about five minutes ago! If I'd read this first, I could've asked him.)
    Found it! May 18, 2017
    It's chaos, be kind

Images

Awesome!
    My work here is done.

Default National Geographic - oops

so, I finally got the May 2017 issue delivered. article was not in there. i bought a one month subscription to the digital site just to solve this riddle - JUNE 2017!!!! I'll confirm when it arrives. (i'm such a moron)

a
    It's chaos, be kind

I can now confirm for anyone looking - Jean-Paul and Kyle appear in a collage of diverse comic characters, the image is from the cover of Astonishing X-Men #51. The article appears in National Geographic June 2017.

I wanted to thank everyone for the shared knowledge and discussions one this site - you guys have really helped me fill out my collection! really feels like a community. much appreciated.

a
    It's chaos, be kind

Images

That's what we're here for!