Thread: Spider-Man Homecoming

Default Spider-Man Homecoming

So have any of you seen Spider-Man homecoming yet? It was teeny bop... but good. Micheal Keaton is a wonderful actor. In my opinion, Andrew will always be my favorite Spider-Man. But I have to say this is the funniest Spider-Man movie by far. And I will say this. *minor spoiler I guess* I'm glad there was practically no blood. (I hate blood and guts) I'm glad Marvel toned it way down. Even their Netflix shows are very bloody. But overall I would give Spiderman a solid B. another *minor spoiler* Oh and Canada was mentioned I always think of Alpha Flight when I hear Canada xD (I'm from the States, I gotta visit Canada sometime!).

Yup yup, caught it last week.

It's a 4 out of 5 from me. My second favourite Spider-film, and my fifth favourite MCU film.

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

There were times when some of the 'youth-dialog' was a bit too corny, and possibly just too many played for laughs moments, but the humour was definitely the most appropriate of any MCU films.

Holland is definitely the best Peter yet; his enthusiasm pours out of every scene.

Possibly a bit too much Tony/Happy, but better them as set-up than yet another origin.

Keaton was great. I just wish Osborn hadn't been played to death on screen, as he'd have been amazing as him.
    And the 'twist' involving him was a bit too convenient.

Loved the little nods and bit characters like Scorpion, Shocker and Tinkerer though.

S
    P
    O
    L
    I
    E
    R
    S

i heard that Danny Glover's character was the Prowler and his nephew is Miles Morales. I legit love Miles! I'd like to see him and peter team up! But I agree with what you said. My favorite part was when vulture opened the door when peter knocked on it to get Liz for homecoming :3 and hey p**** Parker make me laugh really hard xD

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

I saw it a couple of weeks ago, and am sorry I missed this thread 'til now.

I really enjoyed it.

I loved that the Vulture's whole plot was scavenging - like a real vulture does. I loved it even more that they never drew attention to it, or even mentioned it.

Quote Originally Posted by diamondlil
    In my opinion, Andrew will always be my favorite Spider-Man.
    That's a rare opinion. (I'm neither agreeing nor disagreeing with it, it's just I don't run into it a lot.)

I'm glad there was practically no blood. (I hate blood and guts) I'm glad Marvel toned it way down. Even their Netflix shows are very bloody.
    I'm so with you on that! That's why Jessica Jones is the fist bit of MCU I don't plan to buy for myself on Blu-Ray. I assume The Punisher will be the second. (I haven't seen Power Man and Iron Fist *yet*, so I can't judge them. Yes, I know it's named Luke Cage.)

Oh and Canada was mentioned I always think of Alpha Flight when I hear Canada
    Especially in something Marvel related!

Quote Originally Posted by diamonPhil
    It's a 4 out of 5 from me. My second favourite Spider-film
    So the obvious question is, what's your first?

S
    P
    O
    L
    I
    E
    R
    S
    I heard that Danny Glover's character was the Prowler and his nephew is Miles Morales.
    Yes, I've been hearing that a lot, too.

Speaking of corny youth-dialogue (Phil), one line that always annoyed me in Captain America: Civil War was when Spider-Man says 'that really old movie, The Empire Strikes Back'; it was played straight, not like he was teasing them. It just came across as artificial to me - I don't believe anybody would call it that: they wouldn't need to introduce it, they'd just say The Empire Strikes Back. Any more than I'd say 'that really old film, Cassablanca' or Citizen Kane... I might say 'The Marx Brothers movie A Night At The Opera', but that's only because people who know me might wonder if I meant a Queen album (or even a Blind Guardian album).

Homecoming made that line worse - he's somebody who plays with Star Wars Lego and has an AT-AT toy in his room, and he said that! Gah!

... sorry... mini-rant ends.

Oh, I loved that post-credits scene!

~ Le Messor
    "If A is a success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut."
    ~ Albert Einstein

My MCU ranking:

Iron Man 3
    Avengers
    GOTG
    CA: Civil War
    SM:Home-Coming
    CA: Winter Soldier
    GOTG2
    Ant-Man
    Dr Strange
    Iron Man
    Iron Man 2
    Avengers: Age Of Ultron
    Incredible Hulk
    Thor
    Thor 2
    Captain America

My 21st Century Spider-Films ranking:

Spider-Man 2
    Homecoming
    Amazing Spider-Man
    Spider-Man
    Amazing Spider-Man 2
    Spider-Man 3

Images

Interesting, Phil, and some controversial choices I suspect.
    I've enjoyed all the MCU and Spider-Man films so far, to varying degrees, but have never tried to rank them. I think if I ranked them ten different times I'd get twelve different orders.
    Although some of my rankings would be low for the same reasons others would rank that movie high.

~ Le Messor
    "Never buy a thing you don't want merely because it is dear."
    ~ Oscar Wilde

Images

P.S.
    I just had a go at ranking them, and realised I was well into the bottom half and still looking at movies I love! That's so cool. Even the lowest ones for me are just kinda 'meh'; I don't dislike any of them.

Here's what I came up with (and I'm re-ordering it in this comment window!):

GOTG
    Avengers
    Dr Strange
    Ant-Man
    SM: Home-Coming
    GOTG2
    CA: Civil War
    Captain America
    Iron Man
    Thor
    Iron Man 2
    Avengers: Age Of Ultron
    CA: Winter Soldier
    Thor 2
    Iron Man 3
    Incredible Hulk

If I go by my kids (we haven't seen Homecoming), who can watch any of those movies again and again (my kids range from 7 to 20) the list goes:
    Iron Man (by far)
    Avengers
    CA: First Avenger
    Thor/Ant-Man
    Dr. Strange

CA: WS, CA: CW and Avengers: AoU they watched twice and not since once, everything else once and don't want to see again. I agree with them (we save movies and if they want to watch them again and again, such is life).
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Well, if I can't edit, I'll just add that people like different things in movies; to some GOTG is by far the best, others say nope, some say Spider-Man 1 was awesome, others say cringing, and that's that. Yay opinions!
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.