Thread: Article: Champions #21 Preview

I LOVED this issue.

It's clearly a guest appearance, so the spotlight is on the Champions but there are so many little nice touches for AF, and the art is divine.

I liked it. Some nice nods. But team definitely jobbed which was annoying

Like #19 & #20 before it, #21 is going back for a second print: https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/MAY188947
    Due July 25th

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default Champions # 19, 20 & 21: A solid origin story

They don't make them (much) like the 3-part origin story of SNOWGUARD anymore: a solid story in which you miss key information if you don't have all three issues. I had to go to several different comic shops to get them, but I got all three. Keeping in mind that it is the CHAMPIONS' book, there are a couple of things that have raised the bar for Alpha Flight: (1) the beefiness of SASQUATCH - this is a SASQUATCH who looks like he could pick up an airplane and toss it and/or lift a destroyer naval vessel up; (2) the size difference between SASQUATCH and Amadaous-HULK (I'm assuming he has the same physical proportions [7 feet tall] of the original HULK, while SASQUATCH is 10 feet tall; (3) TALISMAN dressing a bit more appropriately for a cold environment, yet keeping elements of the original and OMEGA FLIGHT uniforms.

I found it amusing how quickly it goes from "We're taking The MASTER in" to "New superhero, come join our team."

It felt like MARVEL was satisfied if Mac and Heather's swan song remained the way they were portrayed in volume 4; hopefully, better days are in store for the entire team.
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

Yeah, I'd definitely be happy with a Zub/Izaakse 'Flight.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

One thing I noticed in issue 20 (I don't have #21 yet) was that when it showed Snowguard's animals, some were Indian. As in, the Indian sub-continent, not Canadian Indian. (A cobra, iirc, and a tiger.)

I still liked #20, though. I didn't get #19 due to lack of AF content.

~ Le Messor
    "I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."
    ~ Bill Cosby

I like the way he looks in this but some pics yah a lot of wendigo similarities.hmmm