Thread: Sasquatch depowered

Default Sasquatch depowered

Now, I haven't read these issues. I'm on a strict Marvel Unlimited comics diet these days, meaning it's going to be a few months until I get to read them.

Still, I've read up on what happened and... wow. Al Ewing has a rep for completely ignoring continuity when it doesn't suit him (which is fairly often, from what I head) but this...

I mean, he got parts of Walter's origins right, but letting Hulk depower him by absorbing gamma radiation? Really? The gamma has nothing to do with Walter's powers... it isn't even in his system. The gamma just opened the door. Not to mention that Walter's current body was *NEVER EXPOSED TO GAMMA RAYS*...

Sigh.

Oh well. At least Ewing seems to have a pretty nice take on Puck from what I've heard...

My thoughts:

I'll preface this by saying I'm a big fan of Ewing's writing and I consider what you call "Al Ewing has a rep for completely ignoring continuity when it doesn't suit him (which is fairly often, from what I heard)" as tying up conflicting loose ends and finding a singular voice. So far, anyway.

As you point out, this is Walter's current body. Not the one that was originally involved in the experiment.

However, Walter has subsequently experimented using Gamma (Volume 2, Deadpool #1, the end of Volume 3) in this body.
    Every writer bar Byrne has ignored the Great Beasts aspect; noticeably Pak & Van Lente in Volume 4, and Parker in Hulk:Mayan Rule, so the fact that Ewing has at least acknowledged them, via Shaman in #6, and found an angle that fits both storylines works for me.

It's not tidy, but maybe things have changed with the death of the Great Beasts in Chaos War, and World War Wendigo.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

I tend to think of Al Ewing as 'a name I have heard'.

Walter's current body was *NEVER EXPOSED TO GAMMA RAYS*...
    I hadn't even thought of that; + is 'absorbing gamma rays' one of Hulk's powers?
    But see Phil's comments above about the time Walter (Snowbird body) has been exposed to Gamma radiation.

~ Le Messor
    "Physical strength is measured by what we can carry; spiritual by what we can bear."
    ~ unknown