Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Article: Immortal Hulk #13 Preview

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Definite manga influence.

Hmm.
    Slightly underwhelmed by the ending, personally.

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Don't say anything more, yet! I'm going to pick it up in about 2 hours.

I was too. I was expecting...more

wrapped up far to quick and far to easily

https://twitter.com/al_ewing/status/...207329280?s=21

Al has confirmed we’ll see more of Gamma Flight, but “not for a short while” which makes sense given the recent few solicits.

Can’t see it for some reason. What does it say?

Heh, not much more really;

AlphaFlight.net‏
    Will we be seeing more of Gamma Flight, Al

Al Ewing Writes Comics‏
    Replying to @AlphaFlight_net
    Yes! But not for a short while.

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default A necessary, bittersweet reconciliation

IMMORTAL HULK # 13: a conclusion to a very good story line that is satisfying, yet leaves just enough unexplained/inshows to maintain interest in the fallout from this conflict.

A conflict in which even the Immortal Hulk might have lost without (the remains of) Rick Jones and Crusher Creel(!). But it is the deep, complex, not-totally-wanted-but-necessary reconciliation that allows everyone (alive) caught in Hulk-Hell to get out.

As good as this comic book is, there are a few concerns that are troubling. (1) maybe Judd (clearly) not having a cauliflower right ear in IH # 11 and 13 means something, maybe it doesn't. I don't know. I do know a sequel to The One Below All should NOT be in the works.

(2) Maybe Judd & Walter are on the verge of a major rift, maybe not. I hope not.

(3) Maybe Jackie and Walter have completely forgotten about the dude who stabbed Walter. I really hope not

(4) Maybe Judd touching the Absorbing Man as he helps him up in IH# 11 means something, maybe it doesn't. I don't know, but I'm glad Razer(or Razor or however the character's name is being spelled this month) didn't show up. And wasn't mentioned.

Al, Joe, Ruy and Paul---you guys rock!
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

Images

I'm not sure I've ever seen Creel take powers from people, only materials. Maybe people like Colossus who change into materials?

I take it you're wondering if he could absorb Riizaxdorrrr?

Possibly. I only have a smattering of his appearances, so I'm not exactly what you'd call an expert. It could be interesting, but I don't think Rozar has been in Puck for years (I remember him out on his own in an annual).

~ Le Messor
    "To do nothing is also a good remedy."
    ~ Hippocrates

Razar has long left Puck. He’s running around free currently and have my doubts he will appear anytime soon. Which is a good thing

Also absorbing man can absorb and mimic people’s powers but it’s more due their energy source such as when he did it to sentry. He can’t for example touch wolverine and gain claws and a healing factor

Images

That all makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Garry View Post
    (1) maybe Judd (clearly) not having a cauliflower right ear in IH # 11 and 13 means something, maybe it doesn't. I don't know.
    I'd guess artistic inconsistency, personally...

I do know a sequel to The One Below All should NOT be in the works.
    I don't think that storyline is done with. I get the feeling there's still more to come.

(2) Maybe Judd & Walter are on the verge of a major rift, maybe not. I hope not.
    I didn't read anything into it, more playful banter between the two. You do raise an interesting idea though. Especially if Walter is frustrated at being just human again.

(3) Maybe Jackie and Walter have completely forgotten about the dude who stabbed Walter. I really hope not
    I don't think that we'll see/hear anymore of him.

(4) Maybe Judd touching the Absorbing Man as he helps him up in IH# 11 means something, maybe it doesn't.
    Ooh, nicely spotted. I hadn't considered that.

I don't know, but I'm glad Razer(or Razor or however the character's name is being spelled this month) didn't show up. And wasn't mentioned.
    Agreed!

Al, Joe, Ruy and Paul---you guys rock!
    Seconded!