Hello one and all, yes the rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated.

First, let me apologize to all member for the site falling apart somewhat over that past little while. I also want to apologize to Phil and Rob who I left in the lurch to keep things alive here. This is entirely my fault for being neglectful! Server technology has changed, and I haven't kept the site up to date. I don't want to make excuses, my work has simply fully stolen my life recently. I don't anticipate this changing, but I do intend to dedicate some time to getting things as they should be for the site. I doing so I intend to give full access to both Phil and Rob, who have been doing a great job of keeping things together while I was neglectful.

I have partially resolved some loading issues with the site, we will for now see a few header error, this is due to a PHP server upgrade, which the current version of our website software doesn't get along great with. The resolution for this is to upgrade software (which is overdue anyway) Not the smallest task in the world, especially considering there is a very new version. In order to get this rolling, I will initiate a full backup. I have Tuesday and Wednesday off work and will then install the new software.

Here are our option, that I would like some feedback on.

1. Upgrade to latest release of v.4 software. This means it should get rid of errors, and I may be able to re-establish some of the third party plugin software that we use (gallery, wiki etc.) My concern there is that versions are so out of sync that it may be a lot of time and work to get them talking to each other properly again

2. Upgrade to latest version of software, v.5. Instead of using 3rd party plugin software for many of the current functions, built in options are in the new software version.

Pros: More powerful and flexible. Has mobile options, replaces many 3rd party functions, will last longer with tech upgrades
Cons: Possible loss of existing Gallery database, possible lost of old Wiki data. Both of these are somewhat broken now anyway.

Lets here some feedback, and on my days off I'll get to work.

Thank you all for hanging in there, and I'm so sorry for being neglectful for so long!

Ben

My thoughts, go with the newest possible software, get the basics operational, and go from there.