Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Roger Bochs ... had a son?

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

I, too, really liked the original Contest, and Avengers Academy, and Wolverine & The X-Men.

Oh, I loved the original Contest of Champions. (I keep waiting for someone to use that Talisman from that mini - I know he's popped up a few times since that appearance). The second Contest of Champions was not good. Avengers Academy got good. So for the Infinity: The Hunt, I only ever got the first issue - so I wasn't aware that it even went beyond that. I remember I got it for like 25 cents or something, because it had some damage on it.

Images

That Talisman is basically the same as Gateway, though. I don't know why they didn't just re-use him. (Because that Talisman spoke? Which Gateway did, like, once?)

~ Le Messor
    "The purpose of all war is ultimately peace. "Lest We Forget"."
    ~ Saint Augustine

Well, I believe Contest of Champions (and thus Talisman) pre-dates the X-Men Australia years? Because Contest of Champions was the first official Limited Series, I believe; and that pre-dates Secret Wars (the twelve issue LS) which I am pretty sure predates X-Men Australia years. I don't think Gateway was introduced before that?

Images

Yeah, CoC was, what, twenty years before the Australian years? (I also believe that was Gateway's first appearance.) I meant I didn't know why they didn't just re-use Talisman in the X-Men's Australian years, not why didn't they just reuse Gateway in CoC. Maybe because of our Talisman and the name?

Oh, I see - I read what you said backwards. Not literally backwards...
    Maybe they didn't use (COC) Talisman because it's unclear if he's a mutant.... is... Gateway a mutant for that matter? lol

Images

): .raelcnu osla s'tahT