Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roger Bochs ... had a son?

Default Roger Bochs ... had a son?

So I was reading Infinity: The Hunt - and it notes (and shows) Roger Bochs had a son (also a scientist, so... he's an adult) who suffered the same issue his father did that prevents him from being able to walk - notes his name is Roger Bochs, Jr. - and has him in a Box armor he designed that was apparently 10 times better than the one Roger built?

I am sure it might be mentioned on this site? But searching for "Infinity", "Roger Bochs" or "Box" is turning up way too many threads.

I promised - I searched but kept getting "The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search" and even if I tried more keywords - it was pulling up threads - but like 3 pages.

Oh don't worry; it was over six years ago, easy to not see.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

He had the same problem as his father? What, he was legless?

Yes, it mentions the same disease that took Boch's legs took his son's also.

Images

Ah, it was a disease, was it? I don't remember it ever being established.
    Do we know which disease? Diabetes? (I don't know many diseases that can do that, but diabetes is one. Leprosy kinda another. Kinda. But I'm not some kind of disease… studying… scientist… guy.)

Byrne called Bochs a 'paraplegic', which never made total sense to me since he was clearly a double amputee (but he could be both).

~ Le Messor
    "A virus is what we doctors call 'very, very small'. So small, it could not possibly have made off with the whole leg. What we're looking for here for is, I think — and this is no more than an educated guess, I'd like to make that clear — is some multicellular life form with stripes, huge razor-sharp teeth, about eleven feet long, and of the genus felis horribilis — what we doctors, in fact, call a tiger."
    ~ Monty Python

Images

Ah, it was a disease, was it? I don't remember it ever being established.
    Do we know which disease? Diabetes? (I don't know many diseases that can do that, but diabetes is one. Leprosy kinda another. Kinda. But I'm not some kind of disease… studying… scientist… guy.)

Byrne called Bochs a 'paraplegic', which never made total sense to me since he was clearly a double amputee (but he could be both).

~ Le Messor
    "A virus is what we doctors call 'very, very small'. So small, it could not possibly have made off with the whole leg. What we're looking for here for is, I think — and this is no more than an educated guess, I'd like to make that clear — is some multicellular life form with stripes, huge razor-sharp teeth, about eleven feet long, and of the genus felis horribilis — what we doctors, in fact, call a tiger."
    ~ Monty Python

Yeah, I don't think it was ever stated how he actually did lose them.

In The Infinity: The Hunt they describe it... Lemme go find it.

Infinity: The Hunt #1

"Box, Son of the famous Roger Bochs, scientist and engineer. Box operates in an exoskeleton-style construct based on his father's original design but modified to increase his speed and strength ten-fold. Roger Jr. suffers from the same congenital condition that robbed his father of his legs."

So yeah - doesn't specify WHAT it was - but seems to be something that was clearly hereditary (?).

Images

That all makes sense; thanks Tawmis!
    I haven't got Infinity: The Hunt, so no wonder I never ran across it.

It's not worth getting. Trust me. Other than that Roger Bochs, Jr cameo. And it' literally just that. Never says or does anything. Just shows him in the very clunky armor (that I find difficult to believe is somehow 10x faster)

Images

Thanks, I'll consider myself forewarned and slow and clunky. (Maybe it's, like, Jason armour? He constantly walks slowly, but somehow never falls behind?)

Hmm, I disagree.

I really enjoyed the mini, but then again I'm a big fan of the original Contest of Champions, and teen-school books like Avengers Academy and Wolverine & The X-Men.

I wouldn't say buy it just for Box Jnr, although it's definitely more than a cameo; he gets lines and a part to play over the four issues. He's shown as competent too.