Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Revamp One Alpha Flight Hero & One Villain.

Default Revamp One Alpha Flight Hero & One Villain.

Ideally focus on Alpha Flight centric characters (I get, for example, the Wrecking Crew fought Alpha Flight; but I wouldn't consider them "Alpha Flight Villains" for example).

If you could change/fix one thing - anything - the way they look, their origin, a specific story - what is one Alpha Flight hero and one Alpha Flight villain you'd change - and what would you change?

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

I'd make "Yukon Jack" an adversary of Alpha Flight, enthralled by the DreamQueen.

I'd make "Yukon Jack" an adversary of Alpha Flight, enthralled by the DreamQueen.
    Two things cool about that idea - seeing Yukon Jack again (didn't he have some weird connection to Snowbird or am I misremembering?) and seeing DreamQueen again. I thought she was one of the coolest designed villains (visually) - reminded me very much of Lady Sphinix from New Warriors - just a great looking concept for a character. And adding the aspect that DreamQueen was tied to Nightmare was a nice little touch.

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default The old and the new

You are misremembering correctly what happened in volume 3: apparently, Yukon Jack had a weird connection with Snowbird. But I never really got the attraction between them. If---early-on (in volume 1)---Narya was a bit confused/conflicted about her human-side, I kinda get her relationship with Doug Thompson. When most of her friends were (presumed) dead following the infamous NEW AVENGERS # 16, I really kinda get Nadya's relationship with Hercules in The Incredible Hercules.

I just don't get what Narya sees in Yukon Jack.

BTW, over on Byrne Robotics in Fan-fic, a writer named Brendan T. Deneen has posted a revamped ALPHA FLIGHT # 29. I think he is much closer to the finish line than I am.

Gilded Lily in a Delphine Courtney robot body, still looking to possess Aurora. Alchemy + robots = awesome.

That or Smart Alec returning as an AI. Perhaps his mind was copied electronically to his encephalo-helmet before he lost it peering into Shaman's bag.

For heroes, I would love to see Pathway at Alpha HQ teleporting Alphans all over. Canada is so huge and the team so spread out - it would solve a lot of problems if they had a quick, reliable way for everyone to be in one place. Really, I'd love a dedicated HQ team who just deal with logistics. Manikin is the doctor. A reformed Flashback using his duplicates as general staff and grunt work. Hell, bring back Sean Bernard (Groundhog) as Head of Security. Lots of possibilities!
    "Fools! Fools! Your puny weapons are useless against me!"

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Those are some great ideas there, Caliber!

Had it not been for the line in Incredible Hercules about her marriage being over I'd have chalked YK's wedding to Snowbird up to the temporal copy, but alas it was the true Narya now...

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Did Incredible Hercules specifically say it was her marriage to Yukon Jack or Doug Thompson?

No name was given she just said “my marriage is over”. Likely her marriage was the reason she wasn’t present during the battle with the collective and when it failed she also felt worse then her existing survivor guilt

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Okay.

From the OHOTMU#10 HC:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200212_225026.jpg 
Views:	303 
Size:	4.59 MB 
ID:	6366  

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Well, that says what went wrong between her and Doug.

Did we actually see that? Was it about the time of Pestilence?

Also, this just makes me laugh:
    "Tamer of Kolomaq, Slayer of Tanaraq, Scourge of the Realm of Beasts; formerly Anne McKenzie-Thompson."

I guess it reminds me of this bit from Good Omens:
    "We'll call the first baby Baby A; we'll call the second Baby B, and we'll call the third baby the Adversary, Destroyer of Kings, Angel of the Bottomless Pit, Great Beast that is called Dragon, Prince of This World, Father of Lies, Spawn of Satan, and Lord of Darkness"

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Hasn't Kolomaq escaped Snowbird's confinent? Hasn't Tanaraq returned...again and again and again? Doesn't Snowbird run the risk of being subsumed by the very beast(s) she sometimes transforms into? Didn't Incredible Hercules (mis)identify Hodiak as Snowbird's uncle?

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Hasn't Kolomaq escaped Snowbird's confinement? Hasn't Tanaraq returned...again and again and again? Doesn't Snowbird run the risk of being subsumed by the very beast(s) she sometimes transforms into? Didn't Incredible Hercules (mis)identify Hodiak as Snowbird's uncle?

Doug was killed trying to track down Pestilence to save his son. A fairly noble end for a fairly sketchy character.

Snowbird has terrible taste in dudes.
    "Fools! Fools! Your puny weapons are useless against me!"