Thread: Article: [SPECULATION] A Complete Alpha Flight Trade Series Coming In 2021?

Hybrid View

Default Article: A Complete Alpha Flight Trade Series Coming In 2021?

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Oui, mais est-ce complet? Ou seulement le John Byrne?

http://www.comicsblog.fr/39486-Lalph...Comics_en_2021

Panini Comics has in fact let it be known that a first volume of the complete Alpha Division (or Alpha Flight for purists) will be released during the first half of 2021. The goal of this first volume will therefore be to retrace the first appearances of the team, first in the Uncanny X-Men title of Chris Claremont , who then officiated with John Byrne in what is considered one of the best periods of an already historic run in itself, before , a few years later (in 1983) the Alpha Flight had its own regular series, piloted by Byrne .Good news for readers who were able to discover the Alpha Division in their time in the pages of Special Strange , published by LUG. The Canadian team of superheroes created the base to give the background to Wolverine had gained such popularity with readers that Marvel had made a full publication, which still worship today (and, despite future iterations not always the most successful ). The first volume of the Panini Comics complete will therefore include the following numbers:

• Uncanny X-Men # 109 (with the first appearance of James Hudson of the Department H )
    • Uncanny X-Men # 120-121 (the first appearance of the Alpha Flight ) then Uncanny X-Men # 139-140 (where the team is once again present)
    • Alpha Flight # 1-8

A volume of 312 pages which should follow the usual pricing of 35 € for Panini Comics integrals with a release therefore scheduled for the first half of 2021, without further indications for the moment, depending on possible schedules to be reviewed with the coronavirus crisis.

So, these Panini editions could just be versions like the Alpha Flight Classics that Marvel have already published, and could stop with Vol.3 where the Byrne era ends, like the US market, or could continue on like an Essential/Epic collection...

Images

I suspect it'll be just like the Alpha Flight Classics version.

Although, I'm considering getting it. It'd be cool for me to have some Alpha Flight in French.

So, Excalibur Comics have listed the above on their website, and it's listed as 1978-1984 for the first volume.
    https://www.excalibur-comics.fr/marv...809495829.html

Others in the series have gone up to 1995, so it's a good sign for the French market.
    Though probably a bad sign for the English one.

Images

Hmm… 1978? Must be the X-Men issues. The page has a list of contents, but there's nothing in it. :/

These are reprinted from the Strange series - do we know how far that went with Alpha?

35 Euro is pretty expensive for me, but I'm considering it. But I notice the (temporary) cover is still in English.

Images

Hmm… 1978? Must be the X-Men issues. The page has a list of contents, but there's nothing in it. :/

These are reprinted from the Strange series - do we know how far that went with Alpha?

35 Euro is pretty expensive for me, but I'm considering it. But I notice the (temporary) cover is still in English.