Thread: New Alpha Flight Team

Default New Alpha Flight Team

It's time for a new Alpha Flight Team. And a comic book. Lets get back to basics. Team members....

Vindicator
    Guardian
    Sasquatch
    Snowbird
    Talisman
    Shaman
    Marrina
    Puck

Keep it tech and mystical. no mutants. And a revolving team.... up-and-coming BETA. In-Home team DELTA. And the expendable team OMEGA.

Canada's first line of defense and action team. Back to Department H.

So many stories.... a new 12 issue Alpha Flight Marvel Comics series is needed in 2021

'nuff said!

See, my personal taste is that having Mac & Heather on the same team is redundant.
    Same with Michael and Elizabeth now she's fully trained.
    And to an extent Walter and Narya, powerset wise.

I didn't mind the Twins because of the result of them combining their powers.
    When they lost that it just became a bit soap opera-y, which isn't necessarily always a bad thing, if done well.
    Last edited by Phil; 01-03-2021 at 07:53 PM.

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default This sounds good!

Quote Originally Posted by AuthenticVIP View Post
    It's time for a new Alpha Flight Team. And a comic book. Lets get back to basics. Team members....VindicatorGuardianSasquatchSnowbirdTali smanShamanMarrinaPuckKeep it tech and mystical. no mutants. And a revolving team.... up-and-coming BETA. In-Home team DELTA. And the expendable team OMEGA. Canada's first line of defense and action team. Back to Department H. So many stories.... a new 12 issue Alpha Flight Marvel Comics series is needed in 2021'nuff said!
    I think MARVEL should consider this. Interesting, respects the past, cohesive.
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

The above is basically Byrne's team.
    As it should be!

(Though, like Phil, I noticed the absence of the twins. Interesting twist - is that because they're with the X-Men now?)

This would be awesome to see. I could envision this breakdown:

Department H - Led by Guardian and Vindicator, the government branch that oversees all Flight teams.
    Alpha Flight - Canada's premier superhero team.
    Beta Flight - The "Next Generation" group of younger Alphans in training.
    Omega Flight - The tactical / covert team to handle the somewhat dirty but necessary missions.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	All Flight Teams.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	152.3 KB 
ID:	6474  
    The Flight Forever !

Quote Originally Posted by Alphan East
    This would be awesome to see. I could envision this breakdown: ...
    I like this model a lot, and it's very similar to what I'd have, I think.

Using only existing characters, and tweaking AuthenticVIP's model of no mutants to just mean no Northstar, as I think by now he's more X than AF.

Department H = Mac, Shaman
    Alpha = Puck, Marrina, Talisman, Snowbird, Aurora, Windshear
    Beta = Vindicator, Transonic, BoxJr, Ghost Girl, Snowguard, Earthmover
    Gamma (Space Team) = Dr Langkowski, Validator, Jeffries, Flex, Smart Alec, Pathway+Goblyn
    Epsilon (Black Ops) = Nemesis, Wild Child, Wyre, Radius, Persuasion, Weapon Omega
    Last edited by Phil; 01-03-2021 at 07:52 PM.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    AuthenticVIP's model of no mutants
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthenticVIP
    Keep it tech and mystical. no mutants.
    Let's just ignore my question about why the twins aren't there, okay?

I'd dig this! Build a full world, but don't just focus on the "heroes". Build equivalent awesome baddies! I'd keep Heather as a villain to make some drama and history, but build villains like Spiderman or Batman has. So many of them unique and awesome!

I think one of things hampering AF has always been that they've been tied to Canada, but the new X-Men status quo of being tied to Krakoa has proven that stories can still be told.
    Just need to find that hook that gets fans.

Definitely some new villains but also majorly build up the old ones like DreamQueen, crossover with X-Factor and Hellions when Sinister resurrects Scramble, have the Plodex be a full on threat and crossover with SWORD/GOTG.