Thread: Alpha Flight Self-Gifts

Default Alpha Flight Self-Gifts

Given how challenging 2020 was, I decided to splurge a little at the end of the year and get myself some Alpha Flight-related items to help give my spirits a boost. I thought I would share pics of them with you, even if others may have obtained and shared pics of these before. (I didn't see any old posts about this but I could have likely missed them.)

I couldn't be more happy to have a T-shirt with this iconic image. This was the first image that I ever saw of AF, which I saw on the back of an issue of Fantastic Four that I had bought and was the beginning of my infatuation with this team. Everything about it is nostalgic for me.

The figurines are awesome and I couldn't be more excited to have had the opportunity to get them. The photo that I have attached is actually a 3D render of each figurine, not the figurines themselves, as I still have to assemble Sasquatch and Wolverine, who (intentionally) came in parts. The figurines look exactly like these, however, and are made of metal. (See pic of Puck for an example.) If I were a better painter, I would consider painting them, but since I am not, I will be content leaving them in the original metal color. That way, none of the details will be lost.

Now if we could just hear some good news about anything new that is Alpha Flight-related that is in the works...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Alpha Flight Tshirt.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	3.08 MB 
ID:	6488   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Alpha Flight Figurines.JPG 
Views:	55 
Size:	76.7 KB 
ID:	6487   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Puck.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	1.12 MB 
ID:	6486  
    Stop the Goblyn hate!

Oh wow, love those miniatures!
    Can I ask where they come from?

Yeah I’m interested in them too. They look great

This was the result of a personal project of a fellow Alpha Flight fan that I have gotten to know. He makes miniatures for role-playing games as a living. He had made a couple of extra sets and I was lucky enough to be able to get a set from him. Unfortunately I don't think any more are available, but I can see if he intends on making any more in the future.
    Stop the Goblyn hate!

Quote Originally Posted by Ahab View Post
    This was the result of a personal project of a fellow Alpha Flight fan that I have gotten to know. He makes miniatures for role-playing games as a living. He had made a couple of extra sets and I was lucky enough to be able to get a set from him. Unfortunately I don't think any more are available, but I can see if he intends on making any more in the future.
    Count me in as well. Would love to get a set of alpha flight figures. I’m sure there are enough of us here willing to commit to make it worth your friend’s time. Please consider it. Certainly happy to support another Alpha Flight Fan!
    It's chaos, be kind

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

I haven't seen them before, and they all look great!

(Also, welcome, Burke!)