Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Alpha Flight Beat em Up Game

Default Eshu Demo

Here is a demo of the Master. Let me know what you think. https://youtu.be/nioZeIn4rqs

Hey! That’s really well done. Congrats that looks great!

This game is a hoot! I finally have played an 80's style video game as my favourite hero Guardian, when i called for help I was able to add Sasquatch. Thank you sir, the 13 year old kid buying Alpha Flight #1 at the Silver Snail comic shop in Hamilton is so happy tonight!
    It's chaos, be kind

I am glad you like it. I felt the same way the first time I played it. Please make sure to share your experience with the developer. He inspired me to make a game devoted to
    My favorite super hero team.

Default Game Testing

Would you be interested in testing my game?

Default testing your game

yes please.
    It's chaos, be kind

Hi Everyone,
    I just wanted to share an update to my Alpha Flight video game. I unfortunately have not had a chance to update the game since I last posted my Youtube videos. I had a long list of things to tackle and did not get around to doing any of them. Unfortunately life happens.
    A couple of weeks ago I came across a project which allowed people to upload and play their games on a web browser. I had to explore if that was even an option for my game. I was very fortunate to figure it out and port my game to a web server. I decided to create a demo version of my game which includes all the playable characters. I will be including a link to this post in case anyone wants to try out the game. Some of the characters are not completely finished. I thought it would be fun to share with other Alpha Flight fans. Please let me know what you think when you have a chance to check it out.
    Here are some controls for each character:
    Attack 1 - is your basic attack button.
    Attack 2 - is your melee attack.
    Attack 3 - is a range attack for each character.
    Jump is pretty obvious.
    Special - allows your character to block an attack.
    Up, Up Attack 1 - allows for a special attack that does not consume energy.
    Down, Down Attack 1 - allows for a special attack which does consume energy.
    Forward, Forward - allows a character to run.
    Forward, Forward - allows a character to run attack.
    Down, Up Attack 1 - Allows character that transform to transform.
    (Sasquatch, Snowbird, BoxII, BoxIV)
    I also included a special feature in the game. You can call an NPC character to play along with you. Press Attack 4 and make any change you like. Here is a link to the game below:
    https://msduvert08.github.io/emulatorjs/
    Please let me know what you think. Enjoy!

Hi Everyone,
    I just completed creating and adding Windshear to my Alpha Flight game. I am a big Windshear fan and could not wait to add him to my game. I tried to make sure he stayed true to the comic. Please check out my video and let me know what you think.

https://youtu.be/hP84yErAhq4?si=INCpGyn48lr7gaHN

First, I wanna say I dig this game.
    I just checked and no Windshear yet (on the web version)?

Do you plan to do even more characters? It's already a heavy roster (and I would love to see more!)

Default Definitely!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tawmis View Post
    First, I wanna say I dig this game.
    I just checked and no Windshear yet (on the web version)?

Do you plan to do even more characters? It's already a heavy roster (and I would love to see more!)
    Thank you for checking out my game. I really appreciate it. I do plan on creating one additional character. I am putting the finishing touches on Feedback. Seeing him in the new series inspired me to create him. I have been making updates to both the Demo version and and main game. The main game is 15 levels long and still requires a lot of clean up. I am constantly making updates. I am hoping to include both Windshear and Feedback to the Demo version. Definitely let me know if you see anything that is off with any of the characters. I am always trying to improve the game play and experience for each user. Did you know that the if you plug in a USB contoller it would enhance the gameplay. I forgot to mention that in my initial post.

Quote Originally Posted by msduvert08 View Post
    Thank you for checking out my game. I really appreciate it. I do plan on creating one additional character. I am putting the finishing touches on Feedback. Seeing him in the new series inspired me to create him. I have been making updates to both the Demo version and and main game. The main game is 15 levels long and still requires a lot of clean up. I am constantly making updates. I am hoping to include both Windshear and Feedback to the Demo version. Definitely let me know if you see anything that is off with any of the characters. I am always trying to improve the game play and experience for each user. Did you know that the if you plug in a USB contoller it would enhance the gameplay. I forgot to mention that in my initial post.
    Uh, you did not mention the USB controller. So my USB XBOX Controller I use on my PC would work with this?
    If so, that would be incredible.

It will be cool to see Feedback in the game eventually!

I was wondering if Goblyn was going to make her way into the game. She seems fitting for a fighting game with all her claw attacks.

But really, you could argue anyone could be added - with just a little bit of thought, it'd be easy to come up with different moves they could do.
    Probably not so easy to draw, animate, and make it a thing for the game.

The game is very, very fun. But on my keyboard, admittedly not easy! I am eager to get the XBOX USB Controller out and check this out!

OK. Controller makes it INFINITELY better. Actually beat Magneto this time and got to the next area (but was beat by Klaw and crew).

One thing I wish the game had, however, because it is tough - is the "Continue?" with a 10 second countdown.

Because if this is 15 levels, I imagine it gets progressively tougher - getting that far is going to be very, very, very difficult.

So a "Continue?" after you've lost all your lives and pick up right where you are would be nice. Or even if the continue puts you at the start of that level. But ideally, similar to other arcades, you pick up where you are if you drop another "quarter."

Quote Originally Posted by Tawmis View Post
    OK. Controller makes it INFINITELY better. Actually beat Magneto this time and got to the next area (but was beat by Klaw and crew).

One thing I wish the game had, however, because it is tough - is the "Continue?" with a 10 second countdown.

Because if this is 15 levels, I imagine it gets progressively tougher - getting that far is going to be very, very, very difficult.

So a "Continue?" after you've lost all your lives and pick up right where you are would be nice. Or even if the continue puts you at the start of that level. But ideally, similar to other arcades, you pick up where you are if you drop another "quarter."
    The main game does have continuations and powerups to help. The one thing I use a lot is the Partner Menu. That helps so I am not fighting all the bad guys by themselves. I rushed to put the demo version together and might have missed a couple of things. Thank you again for the feedback. I appreciate it.

Hi Everyone,
    I just created a new video featuring Feedback. I love his overall powerset and how he is featured in the most current limited series. I am not the greatest artist but I did give it a go at trying to be faithful to the character. I am still working on finishing the character and uploading to demo. Please check out my video and let me know what you think. Enjoy.

https://youtu.be/8RKu4ozPMxY

Hi Everyone,
    I just wanted to let the group know that I just finished updating the Alpha Flight Demo game. The Demo version now includes both Windshear and Feedback. I also included some additional updates. Definitely check it out and let me know what you think of the updates. Here is a copy of the link.

https://msduvert08.github.io/emulatorjs/