Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Alpha Flight Beat em Up Game

I am enjoying it! I noticed the continue option now! VERY nice.
    Also noticed after I quit and came back - I seemed to have had the option to start very close to where I left off last time (Masters of Evil).

This is great!

I've played Windshear - he's very, very nice.

Not tried Feedback yet.

Thank you again for checking the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawmis View Post
    I am enjoying it! I noticed the continue option now! VERY nice.
    Also noticed after I quit and came back - I seemed to have had the option to start very close to where I left off last time (Masters of Evil).

This is great!

I've played Windshear - he's very, very nice.

Not tried Feedback yet.

Default Happy New Year Alphans!

Hi Everyone! Happy New Year! I just wanted to share an update to my Alpha Flight Demo. I added a level showcasing Alpha Flights very first mission. Alpha Flight will take on the X-men in an effort to bring Wolverine back to Canada. The game can be played on your pc through a browser or through your cell phone. My eight year old son tested it today on my android phone and said he had a blast playing the new level. Please let me know what you think. If you spot any glitchest please don't hesitate to let me know. Thank you again and I hope everyone has a good start to 2024. Have fun! Here is a link to the game. https://msduvert08.github.io/emulatorjs/

Quote Originally Posted by msduvert08 View Post
    Hi Everyone! Happy New Year! I just wanted to share an update to my Alpha Flight Demo. I added a level showcasing Alpha Flights very first mission. Alpha Flight will take on the X-men in an effort to bring Wolverine back to Canada. The game can be played on your pc through a browser or through your cell phone. My eight year old son tested it today on my android phone and said he had a blast playing the new level. Please let me know what you think. If you spot any glitchest please don't hesitate to let me know. Thank you again and I hope everyone has a good start to 2024. Have fun! Here is a link to the game. https://msduvert08.github.io/emulatorjs/
    Honestly, you've done so much awesome here. I just ran through the Wolverine story - and I like how once you do it - that's the end of that story!

One small glitch - when I got to where Cyclops and Wolverine were - the name for Cyclops (I assume) had several letters over it.

Also, I noticed (for example if you're in the upper left) - the info bar is IN FRONT of the character, so you can't see what's going on, rather than the character being in front of that (should be background, I feel like).

But really. I freaking love it.

Honestly, you've done so much awesome here. I just ran through the Wolverine story - and I like how once you do it - that's the end of that story!

One small glitch - when I got to where Cyclops and Wolverine were - the name for Cyclops (I assume) had several letters over it.

Also, I noticed (for example if you're in the upper left) - the info bar is IN FRONT of the character, so you can't see what's going on, rather than the character being in front of that (should be background, I feel like).

But really. I freaking love it.
    Thank you very much for the feedback. I really appreciate it. I have been meaning to fix the things you pointed out. I have been a little distracted. I have been working on creating three new levels. I forgot how much work it is to develop levels and characters. I will hopefully have time to release another new level on the demo. The full game is unfortunately too large and I have to do more research before I am able to release the full game. Thank you very much for checking out the game. I am hoping once it has been completed more people will have a chance to discover how great Alpha Flight is as a team. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by msduvert08 View Post
    Thank you very much for the feedback. I really appreciate it. I have been meaning to fix the things you pointed out. I have been a little distracted. I have been working on creating three new levels. I forgot how much work it is to develop levels and characters. I will hopefully have time to release another new level on the demo. The full game is unfortunately too large and I have to do more research before I am able to release the full game. Thank you very much for checking out the game. I am hoping once it has been completed more people will have a chance to discover how great Alpha Flight is as a team. Enjoy!
    I wanna be clear, the things I pointed out are trivial. Because the game is absolutely a blast. And very, very, thankful for what you've made here.
    I think the others on here should be checking this out, for sure!

One thing that would be really cool (when you're all done) is if there was a way to make this an executable so it can just be played without the browser (but that may not be possible and just a pipe dream hahaha).

Again, thank you so much for making this! Clearly a work of passion!

I wanna be clear, the things I pointed out are trivial. Because the game is absolutely a blast. And very, very, thankful for what you've made here.
    I think the others on here should be checking this out, for sure!

One thing that would be really cool (when you're all done) is if there was a way to make this an executable so it can just be played without the browser (but that may not be possible and just a pipe dream hahaha).

Again, thank you so much for making this! Clearly a work of passion!
    The game is currently an executable file that can be played on a local pc. I currently have 16 levels. I have a lot of clean up work to do but will definitely share a link to the downloadable game. There are other Marvel Beat m' Up games that are available for download as well. Here is a link to one if you are every intereted in trying it out. https://gamejolt.com/games/marvel-infinity-war/201435

For testing purposes have you considered a cheat code while in "beta" - so that people can skip to specific levels (if they're not able to get to them on their own?) - and test those levels?
    Just an idea I thought of when you said you have 16 levels so far. I think I got to level... 3? So far.

Talking

The game will have a story mode where a player will have to go through mission in chronological order based off Alpha Flight original run. The after completing the game there will be an option to play any level you like. I am also considering adding some bonus levels. All the levels are based of a series of story archs from Vol 1. The first two levels in the game were test levels so that players could become familiar with the playable characters. The airport level is actually the first level where a player can relive Alpha Flights first mission. I am hoping the game will give younger players a chance to learn about Alpha Flight and be a little curious about the comic. My kids think that Alpha Flight is a popular as the Avengers because of the game. They want me to finish the game so they could share with their friends. The pressure is on! http://alphaflight.net/images/smilies/icon_biggrin.gif