Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Article: ALPHA FLIGHT (2023) #1 Preview

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

That answers our questions about who the obscure deep-cut villain is!

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...

Any thoughts folks?
    (Please use SPOILER SPACE and the Spoiler Tags!)

Still at work can’t pick it up until later. Womp womp

Question Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...

Any thoughts folks?
    (Please use SPOILER SPACE and the Spoiler Tags!)
    Spoiler——————

I really liked the story so far, my only issue is a timing comment. “Haven’t seen you since the funeral?? Mac wasn’t around then. So it doesn’t track?

Nice my one prediction came true overall I enjoyed the issue. Surprised the “twist” was revealed that soon

Surprised to see Janus (from Derangers) but

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

it was just the one panel and no interaction. It seemed as if they were on a mutant-hunting expedition but I don't recall Janus ever being a mutant. It doesn't explicitly say in the text that he's a mutant but I would consider this a reveal of new information.

Also, it is possible that the Roger Bochs Jr in this issue is not the same as in the Infinity Hunt series - he could be another son, since that Box Jr was unnamed.

Would have loved to see Shaman's pouch used in the little battle. He seems to have taken on quite a leadership role, more so even than in the other Alpha Flight serieses. In the scene where Aurora smacked into Owl Snowbird, Narya seemed proportionally huge. I was under the impression that she transforms into Arctic creatures of the size typical of the animal.

Anyway I'm dying to know who Nemesis is. Onward to issue #2

Quote Originally Posted by rplass View Post
    Surprised to see Janus (from Derangers) but

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

it was just the one panel and no interaction. It seemed as if they were on a mutant-hunting expedition but I don't recall Janus ever being a mutant. It doesn't explicitly say in the text that he's a mutant but I would consider this a reveal of new information.

Also, it is possible that the Roger Bochs Jr in this issue is not the same as in the Infinity Hunt series - he could be another son, since that Box Jr was unnamed.

Would have loved to see Shaman's pouch used in the little battle. He seems to have taken on quite a leadership role, more so even than in the other Alpha Flight serieses. In the scene where Aurora smacked into Owl Snowbird, Narya seemed proportionally huge. I was under the impression that she transforms into Arctic creatures of the size typical of the animal.

Anyway I'm dying to know who Nemesis is. Onward to issue #2

What is the infinity hunt series?? I was blown away to think Bochs had a kid.

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

It's possible the Janus scene is still to play out, as the issue does flip between timelines, but could just be a throwaway scene.
    A nice nod if so.
    Given Scrambles collection of other victims, it makes sense for the Derangers to have been mutants.

Roger Jr was definitely named in Infinity Hunt, and the dialogue from IH is very similarly worded to the the text used in the data page here.

Could no-prize the funeral away in that Bochs Snr's death was classified and a funeral only held after details were released, when Gentry took over H in Volume 2.

I liked the Feedback usage. To me it cements that the appearance in Marauders was meant to be St Elmo.

I'm still worried Mac will be a triple agent!

Last edited by Phil; 08-18-2023 at 12:03 PM.

I wonder why Marrina is missing the action?

Dana

I'd imagine it's a cast size, thing.
    With the two teams, there's 8 people, plus the support characters.

I'd imagine it's a cast size, thing.
    With the two teams, there's 8 people, plus the support characters.
    That could be, Phil. They left out Sasquatch too, which is a bummer.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Yeah, likely because Doc Samson is still being used sporadically in other books.
    I'd imagine there isn't the page space to "fix" him in a tight five issue mini series.

And nice to see you Dana!

Yeah, but at least he's sporadically elsewhere.
    I'd imagine there isn't the page space to "fix" him...

And nice to see you Dana!
    Good to see you Phil.

He got “fixed” near the end of the Immortal Hulk series (or was that near the end of the Gamma Flight series?), didn’t he? I can’t recall which, but I know Walt and Leonard Samson got switched back to their own bodies, nearing the end of one of those series.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Unfortunately not!
    There was a throwaway line in IH #50 that implied Reed Richards would fix them, but Doc Squatch has since shown up in Daredevil, Hulk, and last week's Miles Morales:Spider-Man