I think Murmur could have been interesting, mostly after she was injured, she was less a **** and stereopycal, but it came too late in the serie. She should have had more development. Their was also the her fear of 'bibitte' (what is the word in english? like insects, worms???) Anyway, that could have been interesting if we had seen more. I don't think her loyalty was a mystery, she was loyal to herself and her motives where selffish, imo. I also think she could have been more than a ****, but not much had been shown to support that. She started to be more interesting, imo, when she got injured and she really feared to be put out of AF.

Her powers where not really original, but that's not the most important thing for me in a characters, it's the personality. For me, she was insulting. I know, I'm asking too much in the detail, but that accent was so fake, I could not stand it. Everything in her said French and not French Canadian or Quebecer. We have only 2 french canadian characters in Marvel, and both are ****s, come on!!! Aurora at least is the first and she had 2 personalities. Plus, I liked the 1st Aurora, the one before the power changed, she was sexy but not dumb or vulgar and Byrne had kept the fragile balance and avoid the stereotype of the easy french girl. Murmur's accent was one from a french girl and not one coming from Quebec and very far form a girl that grew up in Ontario.

I always thought she was mixed up in the head and that she acted the way she thought people expected of her (see the stereotype) but see absolutely wonted to be loved and accepted by everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Dani_Moonstar
What do I like about Murmur? I like how Murmur was a wild card in the team... you really didn't know to whom she was loyal. Her motives were mysterious... while she did carry herself as a bit of a ****, I think it was more than that. I think she has deeper layers that we just never got to see. Also, I enjoyed her power... I know Murmur seemed like a mixture of Aurora and Persuasion, but I did like her.

See, I think AFv2 had it right when they introduced new characters. New characters are never a bad thing... I wasn't a long-time fan of the series, so I read it with no expectations or preconceived notions of what it SHOULD be. And I really, really loved it. Especially Murmur.