Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Alpha Flight Questionnaire

1. How long have you been collecting Alpha Flight?
    Six years.

2. What was your first memory of Alpha Flight? If recent, what was your first reaction?
    Seeing them on the Xmen 1992 animated series.

3. Who is you favorite Alpha Flight character?
    Hmmm....Sasquatch or Wildchild.

4. Who is you least favorite Alpha Flight character?
    Mac.

5. Who is you favorite Alpha Flight villain?
    Hmm....they don't really have any I like.

6. Who is your least favorite Alpha Flight villain?
    Hmm....same.

7. What do you think is the best issue / story-arch from Alpha Flight?
    Am trying to complete volumes before i read it all.

8. What do you consider the Alpha Flight "Dream Team"?
    Hmmm...Sasq, Puck, Heather, Shaman, Snowbird, Aurora, Northstar.

9. If you were to be stuck on a desert island with one member of Alpha Flight, Who would it be (powers can not get you off the island)
    Purple Girl.

10. Who was/is/could be the best leader of Alpha Flight?
    Could be Northstar if he weren't a zombie.

11. Who is your favorite Alpha Flight writer?
    I read most of vol 2, Seagal is ok.

12. Who is your least favorite Alpha Flight writer?
    Lobdell, the vol 3 issues ive read are too slow and comedy based.

13. Who is your favorite Alpha Flight artist?
    Clayton and Duncan were cool. Haven't read the others yet so can't comment.

14. Who is your least favorite Alpha Flight artist?
    N/A

15. If you could undo one thing in Alpha Flight history, what would it be?
    Not kill Sasquatch 2

figured I would answer my own questionare. For those reading this, I am not the original Mos Def

when I got into reading comics- I really cant rememeber how long
    2. What was your first memory of Alpha Flight? If recent, what was your first reaction?
    I read issue 75 and started back reading from there. That cover was awesome.The XMen were too much for me and I liked to be original. The dwarf (Puck) was humorous too me in thought
    Puck
    Earthmover
    Master though DreamQueen is good
    the last Omega Flight with Technoir and company
    issue 1. and issue 44-46
    Mac-liason/ part time hero
    Puck- leader
    Sasquatch, Vindicator, Shaman, Jeffries, Talisman
    9. If you were to be stuck on a desert island with one member of Alpha Flight, Who would it be (powers can not get you off the island)
    Aurora or Murmur- that was an easy one, no pun intended
    Puck
    Byrne, Seagle
    Hmm, dont know. Not a negative person
    Jim Lee, Byrne, and Ruleou (spelling?)
    who ever was the artist around issue 93. HE was really bad. I draw better then that guy---seriously
    I would have made Mac have recruited even the Betans and Gammans into the original Alpha so he can watch out for them

change answer 15

Mac dying in 12 I would have changed. Though it did bring Heather into the team she didnt don the suit for awhile and I felt the team really didnt have a leader like Cyclops or Captain America. Or even Reed Richards or Captain Britain- two heroes Mac sort of resembles. There could have been an easier way to bring Heather onto the team.

Quote Originally Posted by mos_def
    There could have been an easier way to bring Heather onto the team.
    The fact that it was so hard and took so long for her to don the suit is what, IMO, made that transition so great. If she had donned the suit in ish #14, say, that'd kill her character. SHe only donned the suit because, in her mind, she was more damsel-in-distress than a leader, and needed the power to back it up.
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

1. 4 or 5 years (maybe more)

2. I had issues 128 and 129 lying around the house, so I read them, and they weren't so good.

3. Centeniel, he was an interesting concept, Superman as a old man.

4. beats me.

5. Gilded Lily, she and her house just crumbled away .

6. Loki, he wasn't really a good villian for AF.

7. I don't know which is the best arc because I haven't read a lot of them.

8. Every single alphan ever in one group and in the Hulkbuster armor!!!!!

9. Wildchild, he would be quiet and let me think of a way to get off the island (as long as he doesn't eat me).

11+12. don't know, haven't read alot.

13. don't have a clue.

14. Duncan Rouleau. (I don't like his noses)

15. Marrina shouldn't have quit.

Default I like Wyre, why all the hate?

Everybody seems to hate Wyre, I thought he was pretty awesome, even if he did try to kill Kyle at first. I see him as a tragic character, someone who's done truly terrible things in his past and is trying to atone for them. I felt a lot of sympathy for him, his realization of what he'd done, the tormenting memories of blood and death and screams...

Okay, let's see how many q's I can remember:

Favorite Alphan: Wild Child/Weapon Omega/Wildheart/Kyle Gibney...

Least favorite Alphan: Does Gen. Jeremy Clarke count?

Favorite Villain: 1. Wyre, even though he didn't stay a villain. I think his powers are not only great, they're also unique, something fairly rare in a world full of super-humans. Sure, 98% of mutants can fly and shoot energy beams, but how many can kill you with their razor-sharp hair?

2. Lady Deatshtrike also got her start in Alpha Flight. (As a villain,she first appeared as a character in Daredevil) She later fought Puck and Wolverine in 1937 Spain due to a stupid request she made of Gateway to take her to the place he was "gazing on", a pic of him and Puck in 1937 Guernica, right before the Nazi attack.

Least favorite Villain: 1. Any demons, sorcerors, I'm a Magiphobe! (Llan, Dreamqueen, etc)..

2. Rok was pretty worthless, but they didn't exactly give him much to work with, one issue and an army of children....

3. The Secret Empire, how I hate the Secret Empire...

Favorite Storyline: Bloodlines in Alpha Flight 115-117

was that the Wolverine issue where the Nazis hung Lady Deathstrike and she gets out of it by enlarging her neck-I thought that ish was awesome.

Default Puck, Lady Deathstrike In Wolverine 2#35-38

That was Wolverine vol 2#35-38. She also lost her arm to a tank thanks ter her clumsy "allies"...Yuriko-Sama didn't seem quite so honorable in that storyline...I kinda lost respect for her when she "questioned" that kid...

Default Marooned with Wildchild..Good idea

I agree with zekethegreat, Wildchild would be great {if he didn't decide to eat me}, but he does have one more advantage: survival skills, be it in arctic tundra, deep forest, or urban jungle, that boy knows how to stay alive...He might even make friends with some of the local animals, he even led a wolf pack for a while in the Yukon, he was doing quite well 'till, Wolvie came and killed the pack to get at him... (Marvel Comics Presents #51-53)

Default Questions I forgot...some of them

How did I first learn of Alpha Flight? When I first saw Wildchild.

If I could undo one thing in Alpha Flight history?...Wildheart's regression back to Wildchild, though that would still leave him with an undeserving Aurora...Thankless Wench! I still think Shard was best, but that was doomed from the beginning, she wasn't born yet and was already dead!. Still, it's funny to think of little holo-mutant hybrids running around...

I'd also get rid of all those nude and thong shots of Kyle ...I like the guy, but not like that...

Favorite artist/writer? John Byrne, he created Wildchild after all, too bad he didn't give him good character development.

Least favorite artist: Broderick
    Why? Kyle in a thong, Kyle naked, Wyre naked, Mannikin naked (All three of him), Aurora naked, Witchfire naked... He also made Kyle look..strange, his chin was to big, his nose was to big... He looked like Dick Tracey (Comic strip version, not Warren Beatty)with long hair...

1. How long have you been collecting Alpha Flight? Uh... October 7th, 2005. Please note, I currently have the Bryne run and scattered issues of other writers after Bryne.

2. What was your first memory of Alpha Flight? If recent, what was your first reaction? I actually got introduced to Alpha Flight when someone applied on an online RPG with Snowbird and later found another one with Sasquatch. Both were A/U and mutants, however. I got curious and went to find out about them and upon finding places like AF.net, scope out Ebay.

3. Who is you favorite Alpha Flight character? Currently? Despite my raving and defending of Sassy, my favorite's Bryne!Judd. But since we know that Judd survives, we have to root for Mr. Fuzzy.

4. Who is you least favorite Alpha Flight character? Well, I'm not as familiar as I should be with the post Bryne run... from what I've gleamed, I'm not too keen on Bill Mantlo (and because I cannot remember how to spell his name, and I hate C+P, and because it's funnier, I shall refer to him as Pig Faced Satan or PFS), Diamond Lil. Was it Manlto that made her all catty so she could get Jeffries back?

5. Who is you favorite Alpha Flight villain? The Master, though it's a shame he never developed as something on the par of Dr. Doom. I think it was the costume that just ruined his chances.

6. Who is your least favorite Alpha Flight villain? Uhm... maybe Pink Pearl, she kinda bored me. The Great Beasts disappointed me... I really wanted them to be major cosmic baddies... Tanaraq in Exiles made me oddly gleeful because we got to see a hint of what the Beasts could have been like.

7. What do you think is the best issue / story-arch from Alpha Flight? I'm caught between Omega Flight and Tanaraq/Great Beasts arch.

8. What do you consider the Alpha Flight "Dream Team"? The original team.

9. If you were to be stuck on a desert island with one member of Alpha Flight, Who would it be (powers can not get you off the island)? ... Uhm... uh.... Shaman. He has wilderness surrivial skillz.

10. Who was/is/could be the best leader of Alpha Flight? I think Heather non-suit, she seemed to be more like the leader than Mac was at times. She has to wear the pants, everywhere!

11. Who is your favorite Alpha Flight writer? Bryne.

12. Who is your least favorite Alpha Flight writer? Pig Faced Satan. Now, I did almost like the idea of Walt ending up into a girl, because yay! complexity. But uhm... that got FUBAR.

13. Who is your favorite Alpha Flight artist? Clayton Henry. ZOMG, Mar is so cute!

14. Who is your least favorite Alpha Flight artist? I have no idea who it was, but it was uhm.... uh... I can't remember his name, it was awful ugly art. I think it was around issues 80s and 90s?

15. If you could undo one thing in Alpha Flight history, what would it be? Everyone's pretty much said what should be changed, notably the last issues of AF. V3 and uhm... Pig Headed Satan's Run. I agree with the most part though there's one itty bitty quirk that's annoyed me for a while; Walt's divorce/separation. Despite it would have made Walt not quite so loveable, it would have been interesting to see to Walt as more of a emotionally neglectful husband and father. Instead, we get this hateful gold digger that squarely puts the blame of the divorce on Vernocia in an ugly display of misysgonay on PFS's behalf.

And Puck acting all mopey during PFS's run makes me cry.

I started when vol.1, iss.1 came out back in ...'84 or soemthing like that, was revolted with the initial developements, and so never got beyond something like issue 30. I have however recently started up again.

I think I first caught a glimpse of them in some poster advertised by Marvel, where all the Marvel superheroes were standing around an artist and his desk. My first reaction is easy to remember, "cool, cool costumes".

Mac or Sasq.

There are a few ... like all of those vol.3 people, minus Sasq.

Wolverine and the X-Men.

All of the others.

So I can't chose Weapon Alpha's attempted apprehension of Wolvie or Alpha's run in with the X-Men from the pages of UXM? Well, I liked the issue in which Sasq. battled the Super-Skrull, and while I was not at all impressed with Mac's apprent death early on, I did like the first and second Omega Flight arcs.

The original pre-vol.1 team.

9. If you were to be stuck on a desert island with one member of Alpha Flight, Who would it be (powers can not get you off the island)?

Would it be cheating if I chose Aurora ... her having multiple personalities and all?!

If there was just one Alpha Flight, membership wise, the answer would be easier coming, but Mac knows the originals better than anyone and (presuambly) had their respect, and Heather is the only other I see coming close. Of course, thats Heather after the wealth of exp. she has since accumulated. I cant understand how anyoe would have followed someone fresh off of a career of secretary, housewife, and teenage geek into a *combat situation*.

Hold on, let me check my X-Men issues ...

no comment

Whoever opened vol.1 seemed to do a good job. At least they could draw Sasq. What the heck is so hard about drawing Sasq?!? The freakin' artists can draw everything else!?

Any that can't draw Sasq.

?!?! Bad drawings of Sasq.?

Default Re: I like Wyre, why all the hate?

Quote Originally Posted by darc_light
    Everybody seems to hate Wyre, I thought he was pretty awesome, even if he did try to kill Kyle at first. I see him as a tragic character, someone who's done truly terrible things in his past and is trying to atone for them. I felt a lot of sympathy for him, his realization of what he'd done, the tormenting memories of blood and death and screams...
    Thank you darc_light, for so long I have been the lone voice in the wild speaking out on behalf of Wyre. I too saw him as a tragic figure trying to fix his past mistakes and not simply another over-muscled goon with a big gun. I saw him as a guy trying to right his wrongs, but lacking the understanding as to how to do it by any means other than violence. After all, not everyone can be as cerebral as Professor X.

Default Wyre

Yeah, Wyre always gets shafted, I really don't see why people dislike him, he doesn't seem a bit like Cable to me, certainly not in personality and the only times I actually saw him use a gun, (He does carry big guns), were:

1. In a flashback, about to kill one of his unfortunate "children" of the Breed
    2. Shooting Kyle with a tranquilizer dart in Nemesis' lair
    and
    3. Shooting the ceiling above Kane and Rok to get them out of his way...

I don't even know why he carries them, his powers are enough to deal with his enemies, as the Hardliners found out when they attacked Alpha HQ, thinking they were dealing with just two women and a comatose Manniken. After witnessing Mannikens "Re-birth", Wyre seemed to have had some kind of epiphany, talking about changing his ways and his outlook on life, but, Alpha got shut down soon after.

Yeah, I get tired of seeing Proff. X treated like the Messiah, how Apocalypse or Sentinals or Badoon or Brood any number of evils befall the world because Xavier isn't there...Like the AOA, Days of Futures Past, Guardians of the Galaxy (I think, that's why the mutant left Earth and went to the planet Haven, right?), and any number of places the Exiles have visited... The whole Marvel Universe is set to revolve around him...
    "I can't believe this. I actually have a crush on a hologram! I don't know whether I should talk to a psychologist or an electrician!" Kyle, referring to Shard

darc light, I seem to remember Wyre shooting alot in the battle with all those holograms and Hardliners in the very last iss. of vol. 2 (try every panel he appeared in).

Zeke-a-meter