Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Alpha Flight Questionnaire

Hybrid View

I distinctly remember #91 as it had the great Doom cover.
    I think #94 has Thing v Sas, off the top of my head.

1. Since Vol. 1
    2. Guardian liquefying a car in a back issue of X-Men. Snowbird turning into a white wolverine to take on a Wendigo
    3. Puck
    4. Toss up between Manikin or Goblin
    5. Love the Masters origin story
    6. Caliber…always just seemed like a punching bag.
    7. Loved it when they when they introduced Talisman and went back in time to defeat Ranaq

8. Core Team: Puck, The Original Box, Guardian, Sasquatch, Snowbird, Talisman, Aurora,
    Back up / in training: Ghost Girl, Diamond Lil, WildChild, Zuzha Yu and Centennial just to make it interesting
    9. Talisman
    10. Wolverine or Puck
    11. Bryne
    12. Not sure... who turned the twins into elves?
    13. Bryne
    14. John Calimee...but who knows maybe with a different inker?
    15. Keep Puck a regular dude who’s just a super bad ass....that and the whole twins into elves thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Human Fly View Post
    7. Loved it when they when they introduced Talisman and went back in time to defeat Ranaq
    Me too! That is probably my favorite favorite issue. So glad we agree. Welcome to the boards!
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Thanks, Ranaq is a kick ass character they should have used him more. Who knew scrambled eggs could be so scary!

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Hello Human Fly, and welcome!

I'm liking your tastes right now.

For the record, Bill Mantlo turned the twins into elves.

Oh, and John Calimee has improved a lot since his AF days.

~ Le Messor
    "Delicate humour is the crowning virtue of the saints."
    ~ Evelyn Underhill

Im being unfair to Calimee. I was such a Bryne fan that basically everyone after him I hated. My taste in artist has difficulty matured since back in the day.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Human Fly View Post
    Im being unfair to Calimee.
    Oh, I wouldn't say that. While I agree that post-Byrne AF never reached the heights it had under its creator, Calimee was probably my least-favourite artist on the book.

As I said, he's gotten better - but that doesn't affect his AF run.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    Calimee was probably my least-favourite artist on the book.
    He was without a doubt my least favourite in the entire run.
    His artwork was... just awful.
    The Flight Forever !

The Erie Canal Warrior Alpha Flight

I do want to clarify I do not hate Heather McNeil. far from it. I loved her before Macs first death, I loved her as the leader before she became vindicator, I even loved her when she became vindicator. II loved her ithroughout the rest of volume 1 following her and Madison's split. What I hated were the two periods of a.) her entire romance with Madison Jefferies ( I didn't hate the romance, but I hated how on many occasions she put the safety of her lover ahead of the safety of the entire team, and would chew out others at the slightest error ( with Puck topping the frequency) and b.) the ending to the unity storyline. The problem is those two periods i hated soured me so much that i can't honestly say I hate any other character more
    "like Warren Moon before he defected, a perfect spiral!" - Eugene Judd

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    You know the whole - he didn't have the dark side to him - certainly would explain a lot. (But still - who was to blame for Sorcerer's original design? Because... seriously...)

I echo Northcotts memory of riding my bike around to all the little towns trying to find the latest issue of Alpha Flight and X-Men. I finally got smart and begged my parents to get me a monthly subscription. looking back its one of my fondest memories....everywhere I went or got dragged to I would always check out those spinning racks.

I also hated the name Major Maple Leaf but looking back I liked the concept of a retired Canadian Superhero who could still go up against Northstar. Didn't like that that they turned him into a child abuser. I think it was the fact that they hinted at a past with Puck that I found intriguing. It would be cool to read a back story with those 2 set before all the rest of the AlphaFlight characters.

Images

Well, Zephyr, I agree with pretty much everything you said. Including about Calimee's layouts.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    Well, Zephyr, I agree with pretty much everything you said. Including about Calimee's layouts.
    Thanks, Le Messor.