Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Death of Radius

Default The Death of Radius

I just picked up and read the issue of Uncanny X-Men in which Radius supposively died. Though the character never did all that much for me, it seemes like his "death" would have been pretty easy for him to have survived. He could be reborn all nutsy-coocoo as a vilain, having been driven mad by a prolonged entrapment underground....

Ben

Default Re: The Death of Radius

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    I just picked up and read the issue of Uncanny X-Men in which Radius supposively died. Though the character never did all that much for me, it seemes like his "death" would have been pretty easy for him to have survived. He could be reborn all nutsy-coocoo as a vilain, having been driven mad by a prolonged entrapment underground....

Ben
    ..... then drafted into a nutsy-cuckoo version of the new Brotherhood... I mean, didn't they all go AWOL after Mystique freed Mastermind 2.1? (2.2 would be her sister that appeared in XXM)
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

dunno about him joining them, since it was them the tossed him in the ground.

dunno about him joining them, since it was them the tossed him in the ground.
    so?? he's nutsy-cuckoo, remember? Maybe it caused a really wierd form of Stolkholm Syndrome... (okay, I'm graspin at straws here...)

Is it just me, or do all former members of AF eventually lose track of their sanity (especially if we have our way)??

oh my gawd! we're thinking like Bill Mantlo!

Radius burrows his way underground using his forcefield, finds the moleman and his kin, where Loki finds him and tells him the Moleman was his father, and his mother was a pixie!

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    Radius burrows his way underground using his forcefield, finds the moleman and his kin, where Loki finds him and tells him the Moleman was his father, and his mother was a pixie!
    Congrats, Phil, you just surpassed Mantlo....

I am the genetically enginered bastard psi-child of Mantlo.

yes, and since Lobell has shown us that the moloids are in #4, then it will spell the return of Radiod, prince of the moloids!

The multiple deaths in recent X-Men stories were for the most part an okay idea, because Marvel does need to cull some herds. Sorry to say that I think Radius was a good choice. The only recent death that I truly felt was a total waste of a character and should be undone (and could be given the nature of her powers) was Darkstar.

oh, I don't mind the fact that he was killed off, it just didn't seem to be a terribly fatal end for him considering his powers. He'd be more likely to starve to death than anything else.

Ben

oh, I don't mind the fact that he was killed off, it just didn't seem to be a terribly fatal end for him considering his powers. He'd be more likely to starve to death than anything else.

Ben
    The concept of Radius, lying underground, *****ing to himself and slowly wasting away appeals to me for some reason.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

The concept of Radius, lying underground, *****ing to himself and slowly wasting away appeals to me for some reason.
    LMAO!

But you gotta admit he has cool powers, so I feel its kind of a waste to kill him off. Can't we just have him brainwashed into niceness?

For him to be brainwashed, would require him to have a brain. I never saw evidence of this. I think all Seagle was going for was the Northstar factor and NS does the angst ridden miserable f****r, (Ben, this is a word you haven't added to the censor list), way better.

I think it's best off to leave Radius underground chewing soil.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

yah, I wasn't saying that I WANTED to see him back, just that they wey they killed him off left a lot of room for him to come back.

and that word is now in the censor