Quote Originally Posted by syvalois
In 2003, the country's official refusal to get involved in the US invasion of Iraq, the proposed decriminalization of the possession of small amounts of marijuana and the legalization of same sex marriages were noted internationally. As the UK magazine, The Economist, noted Canada has taken the image of a North American culture that is "cool" in that it is taking a socially progressive tone in contrast to the USA.
Ok, so we're the quiet kid on the playground that keeps to himself/herself hitting a peice of rubber with a stick... who smokes pot and marries the same sex and is being recognized for not picking fights with the jocks ... Metaphores give me headaches...

You're SO right about the french accent thing. I couldn't stand Arlette in Vol 2, using two "Z"s in every second word. "He eez your brozaire". Now, I'm 1/2 french Canadian. And if I ever talked like that, I'd ask people to slap me. I'm surprised they didn't give her a long pointy moustache and a cape.

If you're interested in hearing other bad french accents, feel free to go to your local video store and rent such movies as "The Whole Nine Yards" and John Malcovich's deserving Emmy Award performance in "Johnny English".

do do do do! The more you know! *Falling star
(anyone born after 1986 just smile and nod)

Dave

PS
Even John Byrnes' "Sacré blue!" etc were bad streotypes. Throw in a couple "Calisse de Tabernac!"s. NOW you're talkin!