Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Ramifications Of Wolvies Actions ?

Default The Ramifications Of Wolvies Actions ?

Many years back, Erik Larsen had Nova put one of his ex-girlfriends husbands into a vegetive state. My arguement at the time was that there seemed to be no fall out from these actions. No police investigations etc. This got me to thinking about Wolvies gutting of Northstar. Now regardless of whether NS returns as an assassin, or comes back eventually as the person we know, or whether Wolvie was controlled when he did what he did, I believe there should be some fall out. However, I don't expect to see any. Wolvie has killed a team mate, but 8/9 months down the line, he'll be back in the arms of the X-Men and all will be hunky dory. Can we expect to see him ostracised by certain members ?(I doubt it). Can we expect NS's pupils to be afraid of Wolvie and they in turn to ostracise him.

What ramifications should there be, but what do we expect to see from this latest show of Wolvies more vicious side?

As an aside 6 page Wolvie #26 Preview
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

I'm guessing we'll see ramifications to his actions, but only in Wolverine.

What ramifications should there be? Let's see, in the US when you kill someone, or many someones as the case may be, we usually try to kill you back. At a minimum there should be a very lengthy trial during which time Wolverine is incarcerated in the Vault for the protection of the populace at large. This would put him in the pen with many villains he's put down over the years. In the end of course he should be set free, much like OJ Simpson, and ostracized by everyone and anyone. Perhaps even deported to Canada. It'll never happen. Marvel will probably have Wolvie swilling beers with the X-men in a couple weeks. They'll pat him on the back and thank him for getting rid of the arrogant Northstar and all will be right again in the Marvel universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael May
    I'm guessing we'll see ramifications to his actions, but only in Wolverine.
    I know that around #28 we get to see Wolvie crying into his beer, but the next arc would suggest that S.H.I.E.L.D at least are willing to forgive the fella.
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnacle13
    What ramifications should there be? Let's see, in the US when you kill someone, or many someones as the case may be, we usually try to kill you back. At a minimum there should be a very lengthy trial during which time Wolverine is incarcerated in the Vault for the protection of the populace at large. This would put him in the pen with many villains he's put down over the years. In the end of course he should be set free, much like OJ Simpson, and ostracized by everyone and anyone. Perhaps even deported to Canada. It'll never happen. Marvel will probably have Wolvie swilling beers with the X-men in a couple weeks. They'll pat him on the back and thank him for getting rid of the arrogant Northstar and all will be right again in the Marvel universe.
    I'm gonna agree with you on this one, with Wolvie being Marvels best seller, I'm not expecting any kind of trial or investigation into what Wolvie did. As regards the X-Teams, he'll be back in every single title doing his thing within a few months.

Now don't get me wrong, Wolvie is an okay (overused) character, but having to suspend belief (as in the Nova case) does get a little tiresome after a while. Now if we get to see a psychotic Aurora come gunning for the man in question, then I'll eat my words. Until then, however...
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

I think the whole 'Agent of SHIELD' bit is supposed to be his concequences. Everyone knew he was being whammied. Not to meantion the XSE (Storm's branch over in UXM) has the function of policing other mutants, so really, Logan's her jurisdiction. And from the look of it, SHIELD and the Avengers have taken custody of him (as seen in the last few pages of Wolv 25).

As per ramications, I agree there should be some, esp from Kitty and Rachael, both of whom he seemed to hurt the most in Wolv 25 (hell, Logan jumped through Kitty to kill JP. that's gonna do SOMETHING to her poor little psyche). And more than likely, JP's students will be dropping Logan's classes....

PS: welcome to the asylum, Michael. New blood always tastes best when fresh :P
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

I want to see a certain member of AF go berserk following the news and hunt Logan down. And I'm not talking Wild Child or Sassy, no I'm talking about Eugene Judd. And he's not "pucking" around. A knock down, drag out, old fashioned skin and bone brawl where 2 of the best beat the living snot out of each other for 20 pages.

I can see it now and it's wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by PWalk
    A knock down, drag out, old fashioned skin and bone brawl where 2 of the best beat the living snot out of each other for 20 pages.
    I'd love that.

Quote Originally Posted by PWalk
    I want to see a certain member of AF go berserk following the news and hunt Logan down. And I'm not talking Wild Child or Sassy, no I'm talking about Eugene Judd. And he's not "pucking" around. A knock down, drag out, old fashioned skin and bone brawl where 2 of the best beat the living snot out of each other for 20 pages.

I can see it now and it's wonderful.
    I'd buy this book any day! It'd be great to see Puck's skills on display against Marvel's most lethal character (maybe second next to Sabes). They might even be able to get into Wolverine's head on this one. Restraining himself so he doesn't lose control while Puck just unloads on his sorry butt. Alpha Flight should definitely go whoop some canuckle butt. And a psychotic Aurora would be awesome as well. Weapon X has a soft spot for Wolvie anyway, it'd be great if she pulled them together and took it to Wolvie.

Sure all of the super powered folks know he was being whammied, but what about the families of those SHIELD agents who won't be seeing mom or dad again? Shouldn't they get more than , "Sorry he was mind controlled by a secret evil organization. No....no.. we're sure he won't snap again. Plus we have Storm and here XSE keeping an eye on him. The public is completely safe! I promise! No really! No, not a joke! We're really serious this time."

I for one would love to see this handled at least as well as Mach IV in Thunderbolts. Do your time! Rehabilitate. Turn yourself over to the authorities because it's the right thing to do. Unfortunately the right thing wouldn't allow Wolverine to traipse through every Marvel title on a monthly basis. So, it WON'T happen!

I don't see how any super being could in good conscience work with him again, especially the X-Men or Alpha Flight. I'm sure even he'd admit that HYDRA only released the beast that already resides within him. Is his ability to control his rage compromised as a result? One would think so. While he was a loose cannon before he should be even looser now.

The best character-driven story would be Logan himself telling Heather and Jeanne-Marie what happened.
    Unfortunately, by the time either of them could be found, Northstar will be alive again so the issue will be moot.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Yah, with retconnitis being the favorite thing in comicdom now its hard to like any story where a character dies, as s/he'll be back in 6 months or less.

As many know, leaving Hudson dead was a good idea, same with Snowbird and Marrina. 2 retconns later, it looks even better to have left the first two dead.

Volume 4 maybe should include that Logan apology/fight, as Wolverine won't. Instead of AF being lead by Wolverine, have AF beat him up as in hockey when the referee lets too much go.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole
    Yah, with retconnitis being the favorite thing in comicdom now its hard to like any story where a character dies, as s/he'll be back in 6 months or less.

As many know, leaving Hudson dead was a good idea, same with Snowbird and Marrina. 2 retconns later, it looks even better to have left the first two dead.

Volume 4 maybe should include that Logan apology/fight, as Wolverine won't. Instead of AF being lead by Wolverine, have AF beat him up as in hockey when the referee lets too much go.
    I think Mac and Marrina staying dead is/was a good idea, but they weren't left dead. I like the idea of Snowbird being a resurrectee, though...It really fits in with the whole demi-goddess/gods of the north thing quite well. If Hercules can be resurrected by his father, why couldn't Snowbird be revived by her family? It makes perfect sense to me...more sense than being blasted through time and space, ending up on one of Saturn's moons, among aliens who transform you into a cyborg and send you into cryosleep for thousands of years, returning to Earth and being shoved inside a Roxxon computer, freed by your comrades and then kidnapping all of them to save the alien race that saved you from Galactus, who wants to eat their planet...sheesh.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    I think Mac and Marrina staying dead is/was a good idea, but they weren't left dead. I like the idea of Snowbird being a resurrectee, though...It really fits in with the whole demi-goddess/gods of the north thing quite well. If Hercules can be resurrected by his father, why couldn't Snowbird be revived by her family? It makes perfect sense to me...more sense than being blasted through time and space, ending up on one of Saturn's moons, among aliens who transform you into a cyborg and send you into cryosleep for thousands of years, returning to Earth and being shoved inside a Roxxon computer, freed by your comrades and then kidnapping all of them to save the alien race that saved you from Galactus, who wants to eat their planet...sheesh.

Dana
    I agree. In the arguement for ressurection: Snowbird - good (whether she was brought back by the Gods, or if she is simply a clone, both ideas work); Mac - BAAAAAD!! However, with Marrina, several times she's been PRESUMED dead, but then another writer will come along and SUGGEST otherwise without giving us an ACTUAL answer! Is she dead? Is she alive? Is she still human(oid)? Is she an amphibeous rhutabega? NO ONE KNOWS
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

This should definitely put to bed any chance (not that there ever was one) of Logan leading or becoming a member of Alpha Flight. In fact it would be great if he became a member of their rogues gallery. Every time he steps foot into Canada they kick him back across the border.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnacle13
    This should definitely put to bed any chance (not that there ever was one) of Logan leading or becoming a member of Alpha Flight. In fact it would be great if he became a member of their rogues gallery. Every time he steps foot into Canada they kick him back across the border.
    That would be a great sub-plot in future Wovie stories. Have the Canadian government issue an order forbidding Logan from entering Canadian territory, any incursions will result in the full execution of the order by any means necessary, including Alpha.

I mean, I'd pay good money to see a full blown stand up fight between Logan and Puck. Non of that half assed melee' stuff we've seen in previous confrontations, but somthing akin to UXM #120-121.
    Del