Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wolverine #27 preview up on Mile High Comics

Default Wolverine #27 preview up on Mile High Comics

This page may be of interest...

Thanks for the heads-up Adam. I put the whole thing up on AF.net Latest News too. Looks like NS is going to be in every issue of this arc.

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    Thanks for the heads-up Adam. I put the whole thing up on AF.net Latest News too. Looks like NS is going to be in every issue of this arc.

Ben
    Just when we were complaining about how AF characters were getting no exposure... sure, they killed him first, but at least we get JP everymonth for a bit...
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

what Allan said! I was going to pop up a preview for Wolverine #27 I found but Mile High has it out too, so no worries then. ^^
    Hell was full, so I came back.

Spoilers

I read Wolverine#27 and I hope to heck that the writer doesn't have Wolverine kill Northstar again! I hope he can be resurrected/saved...or whatever....and returned to Canada! Enough of this "He's an X-man, then he's not, then he is and then he's not again crap".

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

In #28, who knows? Maybe he'll make it out alive, maybe not. I think in #28 he'll be killed again or unzombified, whatever that means.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

I haven't been following Wolverine, but I heard on a Mark Millar interview that after Logan was brainwashed by the Hand and goes on his killing spree, the Hand takes the corpses of the fallen heroes and turns them into "zombie Henchman". Millar states in the interview that he wanted to make Northstar a complete bada$$!!! I guess this page shows just that!!! It's about time in my opinion!!

Did Millar have to kill Jean Paul to make him a badass, though? Maybe it's just me, but I always thought Northstar was a badass, when it was needed(especially if his sister was in danger)...He certainly beat the stuffing out of Sabretooth recently, at the mention of Jeanne Marie.

If the new Northstar is such a badass, why didn't he kill Fury quickly with a thousand hyperspeed blows to the head, instead of trying to menace-talk him to death? It simply appears that Jean Paul has been turned into a villain....and not a very good one at that.

Dana

cmdrK:

I agree. Northstar, to me, had bada$$ potential since his first appearance in Uncanny wayyy back in issue #121!

I'm kinda curious though, what did Sabretooth say to Jean-Paul about Aurora to make him flip out?

Quote Originally Posted by Weapon Omega
    I'm kinda curious though, what did Sabretooth say to Jean-Paul about Aurora to make him flip out?
    Nice legs, shame about the face?

cmdrK:

Refer to the events of X-Men vol.2 #163 (Dec 2004): Well, Northstar was going to attack Sabretooth anyway, because Sabretooth was part of a squad of baddies attacking Xavier's Institute. Northstar runs up to Sabes in the forest outside of the academy and grabs him to start the attack. It was during the battle that this exchange occurred:

JP: Hello, Sabretooth-- Remember me? I'm the one with superspeed, and you're the one with the mutant healing power. Let's put both to the test, shall we?
    Sabes: Yer more of a girl than your sister was, freak.
    JP: AAAH! (uh, this is where Sabes rips open his arm)
    JP: My... sister...? (small text)
    JP: You know where Jeanne-Marie is?! (encircled in red) Tell me where she is now!

Then Northstar flies Sabes into a few dozen tree trunks, knocking him out.

JP: Or... ...we can wait till you wake up.

Heh. Anyway, I believe that the reference Sabes is making is to the unfortunate events of Weapon X vol.2 issue 2 where he beat the living crap out of Aurora, which is presumably the last time they had met.

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

cmdrK:

I agree. Northstar, to me, had bada$$ potential since his first appearance in Uncanny wayyy back in issue #121!

Exactly....Northstar was such a bada$$ that he ko-ed Storm after she saved all of their lives by stopping the Gigantic snowstorm that Shaman started. That IS bada$$...or at least he's just a big jerk.

Dana

rplass:

Thanks a million! Northstar vs. Sabretooth, I have to pick up that issue. It's nice that were finally seeing Jean-Paul getting some "Face Time" in a monthly title.

cmdrK:

I totally forgot about that, I stand corrected. Thanks.

rplass:
    Thanks a million! Northstar vs. Sabretooth, I have to pick up that issue. It's nice that were finally seeing Jean-Paul getting some "Face Time" in a monthly title.
    No problemo. I live for this sort of stuff. Collecting Alpha Flight guest appearances has been an ongoing hobby/obsession of mine for over 20 years. After Sabretooth's slashing of Wild Child's vocal cords in Weapon X - The Draft: Wild Child and Sabretooth's attack on Sasquatch in the Sabretooth LS, and Sabretooth's beating of Aurora in Weapon X vol. 2 issue #2 of Aurora, which deeply disturbed me, it was nice to see JP finally exact revenge on Mr. Creed. Anyway, pick up X-Men vol. 2 #164 for another Northstar appearance, but don't hold your breath after that... the creative team dropped out after #165 (the X-mas issue, which oddly excluded Northstar) and the "Golgotha" storyline picked up in #166, sans JP. If you'd like to find a monthly, the closest thing would be Wolverine vol. 3, where Northstar shows up so far in issues #25 (killed), #26 (resurrected) and #27 (kicking butt). He's also shown on the cover for #28, not yet published at the time of this post. Also check out X-Men: Age of Apocalypse #2, featuring the gruesome deaths of AoA Aurora and a transformed bald tattooed fiery version of Northstar.

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Just glad to see that NS is finally acknowledging that his beloved sister has been missing for years (our time).

- Le Messor
    "Decaffeinated coffee? Kinda like kissing your sister."
    - Bob Irwin