Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: in their final battle!

Quote Originally Posted by maniac mike
    I just got the new Wizard mag today and they have a full colored poster of Marvels "Civil War" and yep, Guardian and Puck are seen in the upper left hand corner. But as I was looking at everybody else in the poster I happened to notice that at the bottom right corner, a curtain (hairy) character was hiding there of course it could also be Chewbacca too.

MM
    Hmmm...It looks kind of like Werewolf By Night.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

.... whoa, deja vu.....
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

LOL! Why...whatever do you mean?!

Dana

Here's a link to the whole poster and a discussion who that Beast is
    http://forums.comicbookresources.com...2&page=1&pp=15

I know now...that it isn't Sasquatch. It could very well be a miscolored Beast though, as some folks on that message board have surmised(although, he doesn't have the Beast's cat ears). I thought it was Jack Russell/Werewolf By Night because he seemed to be grouped with the Marvel Knights bunch...I'm thinking it still might be him(WWBN).

Dana

Edited to add more evidence that this creature isn't Sassy...We've seen what McNiven's Sasq looks like....and this ain't him.

http://forum.alphaflight.net/album_pic.php?pic_id=511

http://forum.alphaflight.net/album_pic.php?pic_id=489

They look very different. I believe it's McNiven's version of Werewolf By Night.

I'm opting for Sas. The artist could have taken liberties if this is just a promo piece. I'm not sure of Werewolfs by Night recent appearences, but if he was going to be used, he would have been highlighted more. Just an uninformed opinion.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Well if it is Sasquatch they sure did make him a midget.

I don't think Sas has been drawn in proportion for years anyhows I am more inclined to go with him than WBN, but then again
    I'm prolly wrong
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

full size page for civil war. that has to be sas bottom right hand corner.

Based off colouring and lighting alone, I'd love to say that's Walt, but it could easily be Jack Russell, one of the beasties from Howling Commandoes, or hell, even Chewbacca far as I can tell...

What I wanna know is, is that Mary-Jane there between Black Bolt and the Falcon? (The costume's not right if that's supposed to be Medusa) And if so, why is she there?! She's not exactly a 'hero'...

could be. not all the costumes seem accurate. captain britain seems a little off as well.

looks like he has been "x"ified

i also love the fact that it's not only marvels big guns. nova, wonderman, moon knight, alpha, hell even speedball is in there.

btw, new warriors is another team that deserves proper treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by varo
    could be. not all the costumes seem accurate. captain britain seems a little off as well.

looks like he has been "x"ified

That's his new cossie from New Excalubur

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCanuck
    What I wanna know is, is that Mary-Jane there between Black Bolt and the Falcon? (The costume's not right if that's supposed to be Medusa) And if so, why is she there?! She's not exactly a 'hero'...
    That isn't Mary Jane, it's the Black Widow(I think).

Zeke

Who the heck is the green guy with blonde hair on the left side of the pic? In the middle. I'll be honest I don't really read alot of comics other than AF and 25% of the characters on that poster I don't even recognize.