Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Director question

Default Director question

was it ever revealed in WX if Alpha's director is the same person as the Director in WX

I'm not sure...it'd be interesting if they were, though, connected to this whole big conspiracy...could definitely make a story arc for a new Alpha series.

Default Re: Director question

Quote Originally Posted by mos_def
    was it ever revealed in WX if Alpha's director is the same person as the Director in WX
    I thought they were the same person for the longest time, but apparently Frank Tieri(the creator of the Weapon X Director) denies that they are...or so I've heard.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

FT denied anythng associated with the Flight-seriously

Quote Originally Posted by mos_def
    FT denied anythng associated with the Flight-seriously
    That's taking it a bit too strongly I think.
    Frank was merely creating his own characters for ease of continuity and to be in control of his own storyline rather than rely on other failed plotlines.

The director in Volume 2 was always intended to be the real Mac, and although it was never revealed in print, enough people knew through the magic of la internet.

I think they were trying to hint something when they said that the Director wore a Serpent ring, not sure what though.

Zekke

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    ....Frank was merely creating his own characters for ease of continuity and to be in control of his own storyline rather than rely on other failed plotlines.

The director in Volume 2 was always intended to be the real Mac, and although it was never revealed in print, enough people knew through the magic of la internet.
    The Director is supposed to be "the real Mac"? And the readers/fans accept that? The Serpent Society is an ultra-racist organization! This is just getting worse and worse!
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Garry/Al-Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    ....Frank was merely creating his own characters for ease of continuity and to be in control of his own storyline rather than rely on other failed plotlines.

The Director is supposed to be "the real Mac"? And the readers/fans accept that? The Serpent Society is an ultra-racist organization! This is just getting worse and worse!
    Actually it's the Sons of the Serpent who are the racist organization. The Serpent Society was just a collection of snake-themed villains.

Actually, to correct Phil, it was Gentry who was supposed to be Mac in disguise, and the one Sas found in the north was supposed to be a botched clone.

Ben

that would explained why sas2 looked so funky. I could never get past that gigantic underbite. I don't think I could except the Director being mac as well, it would bring up too many questions as to why the real Mac would do something like brainwash Heather and Judd. I don't seem to remember Gentry, who was he and what did he do

nooo, you missunderstood I think Shaman. I said nothing about SasII. I said that the Mac that Walter found in the arctic was supposed to have been an other clone of Mac, and Gentry was the real Mac in disguise. He was to have infultrated Dept. H to get to the bottom of the corruption after Clarke bit it. Clarke was supposed to have been Scorpio, and did was to have faked his death in #12. There was a big face off between Clarke as Scorpio, and Gentry (really Mac). The whole conspiracy thing was to have been cleaned up by #24 and on to new things. Marvel canceled the title before Steve and Duncan could bring all that to pass, so they decided to have the Mac that Walt found be the real deal, Gentry just a guy, Clarke stays dead, and they never have that last face off with the Zodiac to regain Jeffries. Anywhoo, I'm rambling, as I'm still pissy about V.2 getting axed when there were some great things planned.

Ben

OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHH, okay, yes when you said clone my own thoughts spun it's own little story I think. thank you for the clarification.

Where was this stated? I have never heard of anything like this.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Mungi
    Where was this stated? I have never heard of anything like this.
    From conversations and interviews I've done with Steve Seagle and Duncan Rouleau. Some of this info is also stated in Duncan's Q&A that he did here on the forum

Ben

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperstorm
    ....Actually it's the Sons of the Serpent who are the racist organization. The Serpent Society was just a collection of snake-themed villains.
    Thanks for the correction. "Sons of the Serpent." That's what I should've wrote.
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.