Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tanaraq really dead?

Default Tanaraq really dead?

Well Ranaq was killed off, but is Tanaraq really dead? Snowbird did rip out his heart, and that was HIS body but is even his spirit and mind gone as well? Or is he still lingering around in the Realm of the Great Beasts?

The Great Beasts are immortal, so none are dead. I think the 'killing' just sends them back to their realm. They all showed up at the end of the fight with Maulvais in Wolverine, didn't they?
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole
    The Great Beasts are immortal, so none are dead. I think the 'killing' just sends them back to their realm. They all showed up at the end of the fight with Maulvais in Wolverine, didn't they?
    Nope, only half of them showed up

If killing them sent them back, where was Ranaq then? or Tanaraq since Walter is using a different body.

Tanaraq reappeared in the Pestilence arc, using Snowbird's then-Sasquatch form as a vessel. However, again, I don't think Ranaq appeared there either...
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCanuck
    Tanaraq reappeared in the Pestilence arc, using Snowbird's then-Sasquatch form as a vessel. However, again, I don't think Ranaq appeared there either...
    ah huh....yeah I don't have the full ark of that. Thanks.

Always glad to help when I can.

Whose art is that? That's a great rendition of them.

Quote Originally Posted by PWalk
    Penciler-Sean Chen
    Inker-Norm Rapmund

It's Wolverine #172 if you want to pick it up

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by King_Mungi
    Quote Originally Posted by PWalk
    Penciler-Sean Chen
    Inker-Norm Rapmund
    It's Wolverine #172 if you want to pick it up
    What is if if I've already picked it up?

Anyway, it is a great rendition. Very Byrnese.

- Le Messor
    "Don’t take life too seriously. You won’t get out alive."

I just read it and no that wasn't Tanraq that was Pestilence using Sasquatch's body. I know in AF #38 the Great Beasts show up, but I was expecting actual Tanaraq. Ranaq appeared though.

Actually, it says right in it that Pestilence channeled Tanaraq through SnowSasq's body.

Actually, it says right in it that Pestilence channeled Tanaraq through SnowSasq's body.
    I know, what I was expecting was actual Tanaraq popping out, like Ranaq did or at least when Pestilence took control over her he would say something.

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default The Jim Shooter era

I've been reluctant to put my two cents in on this, since it refers mainly to the Mantlo version of the GREAT BEASTS, which I found to be so off-base and ridiculous.

If memory serves, all seven were raised (or whatever Pestilence did) in AF# 36/37 (?), Ranaq included. Snowbird assumed the guise of Tanaraq, and if the question being considered is if this was the real Tanaraq, I'd say it is.
    Narya was a very weak imitation of who she is, at that time, and Tanaraq could've subsumed her. Stealthily.

That is if the story was written well and there wasn't a hidden agenda being implemented that Bill Mantlo gets all (or most) of the blame for.
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

Shaman on Tanaraq in Exiles 58: "....creatures like him cannot truly be destroyed, but we did the next best thing......"

Alpha history would seem to suggest that three of the Great Beasts have been totally destroyed, but this is Marvel History. I don't think I've ever read a bad Great Beast story, a couple where a little iffy, but entertaining non the less. Therefore as long as Marvel continue using the Beasts periodically, I don't care which Beast it is. Raging against Marvel incontinuity only makes you prematurely grey or bald.

Edited cos I'm bloody rude. Welcome Reaperbot, glad to have you aboard.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!